Diablo® III

Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

I own both and a calamity so I will test it later when I get home on the PTR. I am wondering if a ruby in a Dannettas spite might make it comparable to a 1300 DPS Calamity, if so it might make it a poor mans calamity and a good offhand.

Look me up on the PTR. I can loan you my spite there (since it will be lost after the next PTR)
If my calcs are correct, my Spite will jump to 1400 DPS

Calculations

original:
428 - 763 ==> 952 DPS

min - max
48 - [448] : base value of weapon w/ bug
249 - 232 : bonus from weapon
150 - 150 : bonus from gem
-----------
447 - 830 : {sum of min and max values}
+44% : bonus from weapon
-----------
643 - 1195 ==> 1470 DPS

Missing where it is multiplied by the weapon aps?......edited i guess u did that on the last line...nevermind :-)
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/23/2013 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is exciting. I'm looking forward to my DPS on my Calamity going from 1205 to just under 1800. :-)
Reply Quote
It'll be absolutely stupid if the Windforce doesn't get a big boost. It's one of the Top 3 Weapons in the game, seems Calamity is gonna be rediculous and Manticore could be big too. WF users already barely hang in there, just to be left in the dust?
Reply Quote
Someone buy me these damn plans and I will give you 100mill+cost of plans. I have been looking for the plans on the auction house and all I ever see is 0 for sale. They avg 720-750mill according to last 10 sold on ah.

Post in here as soon as you find them though cause I will be looking later today on the ah myself
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/24/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Someone buy me these damn plans and I will give you 100mill. I have been looking for the plans on the auction house and all I ever see is 0 for sale. They avg 720-750mill according to last 10 sold on ah.

Post in here as soon as you find them though cause I will be looking later today on the ah myself

Farm for them if you have time.... They drop from certain things I believe.
Reply Quote
I tried for a while last night on mp10 with no luck. Just wanna see my manticore with rubies in it.
Reply Quote
I don't think anyone will be giving the plans away. They are hard to find for sale and are very expensive.

But I also would love to test them on my manticore

My apologies, didn't mean to sound like a mooch. I haven't been on PTR, so i wasn't aware of the mechanics. (I just thought everything was artificial as it doesn't have an effect on the real game)

The last time I did Ptr it was all practice and nothing transferred to real game hence (test realm)
Edited by bossaninja#1805 on 1/24/2013 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just want someone to actual socket a Windforce like mine so I can actually see proof of numbers.
Reply Quote
give me a link to your windforce you have and I can calc it from at least a dps standpoint.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/24/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:16 AMPosted by BubbaGump
give me a link to your windforce you have and I can calc it from at least a dps standpoint.

It's on my profile.
Reply Quote
Can you check my manti as well? Also I have much better dps pants/gloves but was testing some stuff when I logged out. Also in my soj as well.... Lol actually it might be a good idea to just wait until I have correct gear on because I have ias on all 3 of those pieces of gear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gLiTz-1220/hero/26861516
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Glitz
Can you check my manti as well?

With 2x Red Gems:

1302.5 Min Damage
2124 Max Damage

2090.2 DPS
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Radelon
I just want someone to actual socket a Windforce like mine so I can actually see proof of numbers.

This is the only windforce i had access to:

http://i.imgur.com/CE1qCNF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PQdZE3a.jpg
Reply Quote
Well according to d3 dps calc. I gain 44,890. That's without ias on 3 pieces of gear, and using steady aim and archery.

With my main gear on it adds + 206,137dps, same passives.

Now I dunno if this is correct man because this sounds nuts. Is d3 able to calculate this correctly or am I doing something incorrect?

Also I did remove 200% cd from manticore
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/24/2013 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
D3up.com doesn't report the correct DPS for marquis ruby as described in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709582070

I sent Aaron a note about it.

I believe it's been fixed now as I'm no longer seeing ridiculous dps increases.

That was a separate bug. D3up still does not calculate marquis rubies correctly. It treats the +min and +max the same way as if it was added to jewelry which is not correct, as those bonuses are applied after the weapon's enhanced damage and are applied to both weapons (if dual-wielding). If you use the gear simulator to remove your bow sockets and simply add the +150 min and +150 max to jewelry, you get the same result (or +300 min and +300 max if two sockets). The correct calculation must apply the +150/+150 to the min/max of the bow with the ruby before the enhanced damage modifier which affects the DPS only of that bow.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Fatum
D3up still does not calculate marquis rubies correctly

Well not 10 seconds after I posted that, I received a reply from Aaron that he has fixed it. I've verified that D3up is indeed now calculating marquis ruby correctly. Woo hoo! Thanks Aaron!
Reply Quote
Holy smokes then man! I'm at 526,516 with rubies, steady aim, and archery. WTF

Someone buy me these plans! I will pay the cost of the plans+100 mill. As long as the plans are purchased for the avg auction house price and nothing crazy.
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/24/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well according to d3 dps calc. I gain 44,890. That's without ias on 3 pieces of gear, and using steady aim and archery.

With my main gear on it adds + 206,137dps, same passives.

Now I dunno if this is correct man because this sounds nuts. Is d3 able to calculate this correctly or am I doing something incorrect?

Also I did remove 200% cd from manticore

The 2092.2 DPS should match if/when you transfer to the PTR and get the gems. However, I don't think you should see more then like 40-80k DPS increase over you current gearing (I could be wrong). I think the calculator that you're using might be doing something wrong. Also subtract 220% CritD since the 150 rubies should match the new 110% emeralds.
Edited by TianZi#1634 on 1/24/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah I plugged in my dps gear (347k unbuffed) to get the 526k. But yes your right in my current ehp testing gear it's +36k vs new 110% cd gems

I have ias on every piece of gear possible with my dps gear. Good thing I kept ias on my ammy :p
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/24/2013 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
d3up has updated their code. You can now swap your emerald for a marquis ruby and see the correct recalculation using the gear simulation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]