Diablo® III

Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

01/24/2013 10:32 AMPosted by BubbaGump
d3up has updated their code. You can now swap your emerald for a marquis ruby and see the correct recalculation using the gear simulation.

Just did and I am +51K!
Reply Quote
Yep, WF sucks, I'm only getting 11k....uggh
Reply Quote
Deleted, figured it out.
Edited by KhalARon#1159 on 1/24/2013 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Radelon

Only 11k?????

Look. We get to the points in this game we end up potentially spending 150m+ for a 2k-3k increase of DPS without suffering stats.

Even if you pay say 100m for a Marquis Ruby being sold.... that boosts you 11k.. that is HUGE.

While I do understand your meaning in the fact it appears most 1h xbow users with high dmg% will benefit most from this new gem doesn't make it a worthless gem.

Heck I'd be stoked if I could pay 100m for a 11k dps upgrade with no other stats suffering because of it.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/24/2013 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Only 11k?????

Look. We get to the points in this game we end up potentially spending 150m+ for a 2k-3k increase of DPS without suffering stats.

Even if you pay say 100m for a Marquis Ruby being sold.... that boosts you 11k.. that is HUGE.

While I do understand your meaning in the fact it appears most 1h xbow users with high dmg% will benefit most from this new gem doesn't make it a worthless gem.

Heck I'd be stoked if I could pay 100m for a 11k dps upgrade with no other stats suffering because of it.

Well, this game is supposed to be about "options" and build diversity. Well, I love my Windforce, every aspect of it. Manticores are just too slow for me and Calamity's are just too junk looking. Nevermind the fact that you can't have either with LS without having to lose a socket. But now with these new Ruby's they separate so far from the WF and you almost become forced to get one.

The mechanics to reality of this game is completely out of whack. In no way should a 1h xbow do anywhere near the amount of damage as a 2H Bow. Not even sure if a 2H XBow really would either.

Look at it this way:
We are already running crippled yet keeping up as we only can hit 450 CD, Manti 700 CD, Calamity /w quiver 550 CD. I actually thought they would release something that made 2H Bows worthwhile against the big guns, but instead it's a fail and the big guns got even bigger.

IMHO, the Ruby should be % damage instead of +Min/Max, that way things work closer to what they should. Seems pretty ignorant that they allow the single most damaging weapon to get even more of a boost. Manticore users can put 2 Ruby's in and still have more CD available than a WF user can have maxed out on CD. And a 1h xbow to become the most powerful weapon for a dh, and it's not even DW.
Edited by Radelon#1292 on 1/24/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Manticores are just too slow for me and Calamity's are just too junk looking. Nevermind the fact that you can't have either with LS without having to lose a socket.

Just a minor correction. There are plenty of double-socket Manticores that also have LS. You can search diabloprogress.
Reply Quote
Weird. According to d3up I gain +7500 with 2 emeralds, +9000 with 1 emerald and 1 ruby, and -5700 with 2 rubies.

Math is hard. Let's go shopping!

Edit: those numbers are vs 2 100% crit damage emeralds
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/24/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
@skp

2soc MANTI users seem as a general rule to benefit from 1 marquis ruby and 1 emerald (whether it be radiant star or even marquis emerald). That seems to be the trend.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Radelon

I only got 7k for my crappy bow... :(
Reply Quote
D3up says I would gain 45k dps... woot!!!
Reply Quote
D3 up is still calculating Manticores wrong. Seems whoever coded that thing doesn't know how to calculate the second socket ~_~
Reply Quote
@skp

2soc MANTI users seem as a general rule to benefit from 1 marquis ruby and 1 emerald (whether it be radiant star or even marquis emerald). That seems to be the trend.

When I plug it into my spreadsheet (corrected for % Weapon damage), 2 Rubies still beat out 1 Ruby + Emerald, but not by so much. As i think you stated in another post, the first ruby makes a giant leap, the 2nd is a small push, but still a few k DPS more than the Marq.Emerald

Maybe I'm calculating something wrong?
Reply Quote
I think even if the 2nd ruby gives a slight dps push it will greatly diminish the high-end crit damage. So even though you may see gains from an overall dps perspective your high-end crits will suffer and not do quite the damage you want them to do while using the 2nd ruby. :)
Reply Quote

Well, this game is supposed to be about "options" and build diversity.

it's unfortunate the damage spread on the Revenant causes exorcists and Hellions to gain larger returns with static damage

the windforce exchanges crit_damage% itemization for knockback/hatred/leech - not optimal but it is not as bad as some other choices devs made

Revenge's 950 LoH itemization is simply botched - no DH needs 950 LoH because of ShadowPower
nats slayer is unnecessarily gimped with Cold damage whose snare effect is overwritten by most skills

these demonstrate unrefined game design; items and skills are asynchronous and some homogenization would be a good thing

- drop Revenge the LoH by 500; give it 8% ias + 50% crit_damage%

- drop WF hatred/leech to half values; give it 50% crit_damage% and +50-50

- Nats slayer needs an approx 30% damage boost (175-175 4pc bonus unique to bow only)
5pc of something like +50% additional crit_damage and 2.5% leech

as a DW I know the feeling and lack of options.. however it is like asking the devs to allow the DH to use a 2h sword. Had they been interested in this type of refinement, it would happen
they are not.
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/24/2013 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Well, this game is supposed to be about "options" and build diversity.

it's unfortunate the damage spread on the Revenant causes exorcists and Hellions to gain larger returns with static damage

the windforce exchanges crit_damage% itemization for knockback/hatred/leech - not optimal but it is not as bad as some other choices devs made

Revenge's 950 LoH itemization is simply botched - no DH needs 950 LoH because of ShadowPower
nats slayer is unnecessarily gimped with Cold damage whose snare effect is overwritten by most skills

these demonstrate unrefined game design; items and skills are asynchronous and some homogenization would be a good thing

- drop Revenge the LoH by 500; give it 8% ias + 50% crit_damage%

- drop WF hatred/leech to half values; give it 50% crit_damage% and +50-50

- Nats slayer needs an approx 30% damage boost (175-175 4pc bonus unique to bow only)
5pc of something like +50% additional crit_damage and 2.5% leech

as a DW I know the feeling and lack of options.. however it is like asking the devs to allow the DH to use a 2h sword. Had they been interested in this type of refinement, it would happen
they are not.

All and all I guess it's fine, anything can help at this point. My weird build is netting me over 900k crits against elites with using Frost Arrow. I do have gloves and other items that boost my dps over 50k, but I still don't hit as hard.

Everyone says other classes hate WF users, well the other night I got invited to do MP10 Ubers....

Para level 92 Wiz, 72 WD, 74 Barb, and my piddly 40 DH. They were flat amazed to say the least. In the ghom one, I never moved, just would spam Frost Arrow for 3 runs of hatred, then Thunder Ball until hatred and discipline full, repeat. I actually died less than anyone else too.

I'll stick with my WF because it's what I like.
Reply Quote
eek.... 50k+ dps increase.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Radelon
They drop from certain things I believe.

what sort of things?
Reply Quote
The patch notes for 1.07 say the (jeweler plans) drop from any mob, but they don't have the special 50% droprate from bosses of the Archon Armor blacksmithing plans.
Reply Quote
Manticore is still better than calamity in pvp. Now manticore with 1 ruby and 1 emerald does about the same dps as calamity with ruby, whereas b4 calamity did 10-20k less with emerald. However, manticore adds dex which increases ehp and hit much harder per hit, which is important because ppl dodge/block very often. Manticore is also a lot better with hatred-consuming skills.

Summary:
Manticore is better for pvp. Calamity is better for pvm due to bola stun, just as before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]