Diablo® III

Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

I will have a 32k increase on my unbuffed dps pushing from 168k to 200k. Wow, if this is the effect, in the real patch, i will surely change the gem first since it is the best value for money.

In comparison, a marquise emerald only increases 3k...
Reply Quote
Wonder what your chc/chd was (the gallery doesn't show up right at ALL....so can't really see them except for #1 and #3...)

Then again, 150 damage is nice...

They should bring up the other gems to make them comparable. From +20/20 to +150/150 makes it worth it compared to 100% to 110% though...
Edited by Sandman366#1292 on 1/24/2013 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Well, this game is supposed to be about "options" and build diversity.

it's unfortunate the damage spread on the Revenant causes exorcists and Hellions to gain larger returns with static damage

the windforce exchanges crit_damage% itemization for knockback/hatred/leech - not optimal but it is not as bad as some other choices devs made

Revenge's 950 LoH itemization is simply botched - no DH needs 950 LoH because of ShadowPower
nats slayer is unnecessarily gimped with Cold damage whose snare effect is overwritten by most skills

these demonstrate unrefined game design; items and skills are asynchronous and some homogenization would be a good thing

- drop Revenge the LoH by 500; give it 8% ias + 50% crit_damage%

- drop WF hatred/leech to half values; give it 50% crit_damage% and +50-50

- Nats slayer needs an approx 30% damage boost (175-175 4pc bonus unique to bow only)
5pc of something like +50% additional crit_damage and 2.5% leech

as a DW I know the feeling and lack of options.. however it is like asking the devs to allow the DH to use a 2h sword. Had they been interested in this type of refinement, it would happen
they are not.

Hey Zoid, seeing as how your great withthe numbers and your a dual wielder and understand the current issues facing them I was wondering if you could drop in o my dual wielding thread in PTR and provide some feedback and ideas.

Hopefully get it noticed by a blue to relay to the higher ups seeing as how the PTR threads seem to get looked at more often.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708992216
Reply Quote
View profile
isnt this a bug that the gem is interacting with. thats doubling the intended max dmg on black weps.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:50 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
isnt this a bug that the gem is interacting with. thats doubling the intended max dmg on black weps.

It's also buffing huge numbers on the manticore and its elemental. Calamity does get the most bang for one ruby though but it's also because if its high attack speed.
Reply Quote
View profile
This is exactly what the devs want, they want to make sure that there is not always one right answer when choosing gems and gearing up your character. The new rubies will fit that, due to the fact that they will be stronger than emeralds when you are using skills that do not benefit from crit chance and crit damage like hydra and sentry.

I am hoping that their next change will make things even better as far as choosing what gem to put into your gear. I would like to see it come down to personal preference and play style, without homogenizing the gems in the process.
Reply Quote
View profile
How much difference does using an Inna's belt vs Witching hour make in this?
Reply Quote
Wait, there's new gems? I need to start playing again. :D
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:22 PMPosted by METATRON

It's also buffing huge numbers on the manticore and its elemental. Calamity does get the most bang for one ruby though but it's also because if its high attack speed.

Probably because weapon damage % is a factor... meaning you get bigger returns from a 45%-50% weapon... black or elemental... doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
View profile
I also don't understand the attack speed scaling, is it just the attack speed of the weapon or total attack speed including other items?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:50 PMPosted by ChuckNorris

Part of me thinks this is too good to go live, but then again they've explicitly said they aren't and don't have any future plans to nerf black weapons or the minmaxdam interaction with then, for now at least..
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/25/2013 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Part of me thinks this is too good to go live, but then again they've explicitly said they aren't and don't have any future plans to nerf black weapons or the minmaxdam interaction with then, for now at least..

Im sure they wont nerf the weapons but im thinking that the gems turning into 150-300 instead of the stated 150-150 in weapons that have this bug is not intended. any way I havnt gotten my hands on any mgems for detailed testing so this is just my guess.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/25/2013 1:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yep, WF sucks, I'm only getting 11k....uggh

Only 11k?????

Look. We get to the points in this game we end up potentially spending 150m+ for a 2k-3k increase of DPS without suffering stats.

Even if you pay say 100m for a Marquis Ruby being sold.... that boosts you 11k.. that is HUGE.

While I do understand your meaning in the fact it appears most 1h xbow users with high dmg% will benefit most from this new gem doesn't make it a worthless gem.

Heck I'd be stoked if I could pay 100m for a 11k dps upgrade with no other stats suffering because of it.

Except manti users get twice that, calamity 4-5 times that. Read bows are even more useless than before.

This is exactly what the devs want, they want to make sure that there is not always one right answer when choosing gems and gearing up your character. The new rubies will fit that, due to the fact that they will be stronger than emeralds when you are using skills that do not benefit from crit chance and crit damage like hydra and sentry.

I am hoping that their next change will make things even better as far as choosing what gem to put into your gear. I would like to see it come down to personal preference and play style, without homogenizing the gems in the process.

Calculate first, speak later.
The only right answer: physical weapons even before the patch. Echoing, skorn, calamity, 1 in 1000000 physical rares. Manti is only an exception for the 2 sockets. After patch every single physical weapon will be better with rubies, since they gain close to 150-300 before ed%. Even skorn is better with rubies than emeralds. Bows are an exception of course, fk them with piddly 150-200 on the very best ones.

Even the few cheap alternatives will become obsolete, since they get only 2/3 as much bonus as weapons that were already superior. Maja knife with poison type and big base range is a good example of a weapon that you won't see on anyone but budget chars.
Edited by Draba#2568 on 1/25/2013 4:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was pretty impressed with my ruby also. 1700+ dps EF
Reply Quote
Hello U.S. players, i'm Alberto from Italy
I've encountered last night Myon on pvp ptr and that was a real shock for me get shooted by this marquise powered calamity.

Usually is that what happens when i face DH ( i know, they are a bit undergeared.. )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNUJroUXsdg

This 1900+dps calamity 4 shot my 100khp 1000allres 9200armor setup. Freaking OP.
Reply Quote
I took the best Manticore on the AH (which apparently belongs to Senta) and simmed it w/ a Marquise in it, check it out

http://d3up.com/i/4242508
Reply Quote
I've encountered last night Myon on pvp ptr and that was a real shock for me get shooted by this marquise powered calamity.Usually is that what happens when i face DH ( i know, they are a bit undergeared.. )http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNUJroUXsdgThis 1900+dps calamity 4 shot my 100khp 1000allres 9200armor setup. Freaking OP.

I don't know if this is good news or bad news lol.
Edited by Archimonde#1447 on 1/25/2013 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Biohazard

A gem that costs 20 million to make (after you get the recipe) and costs 5 million to unsocket. And it's the "level above" the gems that are 15-20m on the GAH.

You're probably not missing much.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Sandman366

A gem that costs 20 million to make (after you get the recipe) and costs 5 million to unsocket. And it's the "level above" the gems that are 15-20m on the GAH.

You're probably not missing much.

To go along with what Sandman said .... I saw another post talking about repair costs with Marquis class of gems.

I believe there was a reply in a thread either here in the DH forums or it was over in PTR where the repair cost when needing full repair (assumption was your gear shows broken) was very high (if memory serves somewhere around the 3m mark? or it could have been 300k I'm fuzzy with the number at this point. However it is certainly expensive and in line with the high costs of unsocketing
Reply Quote
1922 dps on a 1 hander, wtf holy shnikees!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]