Diablo® III

Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

View profile Hello U.S. players, i'm Alberto from Italy
I've encountered last night Myon on pvp ptr and that was a real shock for me get shooted by this marquise powered calamity.

Usually is that what happens when i face DH ( i know, they are a bit undergeared.. )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNUJroUXsdg

This 1900+dps calamity 4 shot my 100khp 1000allres 9200armor setup. Freaking OP.

Ciao come stai Alberto?

Giochi mai alle american servers? Mi piacherebbe gicocare con un italiano. Vivavo in italia per casi due anni e ho bisgno di praticare il mio italiano. Parlo troppo espanoul e sto dementicando italiano.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/25/2013 02:56 AMPosted by Draba

Only 11k?????

Look. We get to the points in this game we end up potentially spending 150m+ for a 2k-3k increase of DPS without suffering stats.

Even if you pay say 100m for a Marquis Ruby being sold.... that boosts you 11k.. that is HUGE.

While I do understand your meaning in the fact it appears most 1h xbow users with high dmg% will benefit most from this new gem doesn't make it a worthless gem.

Heck I'd be stoked if I could pay 100m for a 11k dps upgrade with no other stats suffering because of it.

Except manti users get twice that, calamity 4-5 times that. Read bows are even more useless than before.

This is exactly what the devs want, they want to make sure that there is not always one right answer when choosing gems and gearing up your character. The new rubies will fit that, due to the fact that they will be stronger than emeralds when you are using skills that do not benefit from crit chance and crit damage like hydra and sentry.

I am hoping that their next change will make things even better as far as choosing what gem to put into your gear. I would like to see it come down to personal preference and play style, without homogenizing the gems in the process.

Calculate first, speak later.
The only right answer: physical weapons even before the patch. Echoing, skorn, calamity, 1 in 1000000 physical rares. Manti is only an exception for the 2 sockets. After patch every single physical weapon will be better with rubies, since they gain close to 150-300 before ed%. Even skorn is better with rubies than emeralds. Bows are an exception of course, fk them with piddly 150-200 on the very best ones.

Even the few cheap alternatives will become obsolete, since they get only 2/3 as much bonus as weapons that were already superior. Maja knife with poison type and big base range is a good example of a weapon that you won't see on anyone but budget chars.

I am just speaking about what the devs are shooting for. They are shooting for making rubies work great for skills like Sentry and Hydra that do not benefit from crit hit chance and crit hit damage. But then the rest of the skills that do then you might want to go with emeralds instead. That is what they are shooting for. I did not say that they achieved that goal.
Reply Quote
http://imgur.com/a/fjoMk#0

Long story short, going from Radiant Star Emerald to Marquise Ruby in weapon was a 55k increase in dps. 422k to 477k.

Did i get this right? Marquise Ruby are useless for 2h barbarians. Why they make dual wield even better they have been compared 2h.

What about 2h fanboys? LS skorn using monks? This update 1.07 is IMBA

R.I.P. 2h

Imba is used mostly in online games or games that have patches or different versions. Imba means that something is imbalanced and should be "nerfed" or made worse. When something is imba it means that is is too good and it makes the game unfair.

So they show middle finger to 2h users.
Reply Quote
My sorc with an echoing fury receives a 13,000 dps bump with the mruby over the rad emerald!
Reply Quote
http://imgur.com/a/fjoMk#0

Long story short, going from Radiant Star Emerald to Marquise Ruby in weapon was a 55k increase in dps. 422k to 477k.

Did i get this right? Marquise Ruby are useless for 2h barbarians. Why they make dual wield even better they have been compared 2h.

R.I.P. 2h

Imba is used mostly in online games or games that have patches or different versions. Imba means that something is imbalanced and should be "nerfed" or made worse. When something is imba it means that is is too good and it makes the game unfair.

not sure why you are posting about 2h skorns and Barb weapons or monk weapons... you do realize this is the DH Forum no?

We cannot run any 2h weapons other than 2h Xbow or 2h Bow. replies of discussion related to marquis here should remain DH related.

I believe if you have concerns and want to solicit replies regarding 2h weapons such as the ones you mentioned it would be most beneficial to start or reply to those threads in the appropriate forum.

In any event... it is about build diversity. You want a 2h skorn you may not get all of what you want. You want to run sword-n-board Same thing.. you want to run 2 1h weapons you can as well. This is about diversity. If a person only gravitates only to what is the most DPS we would all be glass cannons. You can choose more CD on your skorn with you having 188% CD base and a 100% CD gem in it. so you have 288 CD on your skorn and are complaining with a 1400+ dps weapon. LOLOLOL

Go troll and cry elsewhere with your OP skorn. I know it must be terrible to know DHs might actually get more benefit from the marquis ruby than you. Either cry to ya 2h skorn barb friends or go roll a DH. :)
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/25/2013 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

d3rawr shows your calamity would go from 1326.23 dps to 1712.51 dps. Based on your gear your overall DPS would go from 261,664.48 to 277,660.69 (overall gain of 15,996.21 dps). However this is actually LESS than on how PTR is showing the damage

Calculating how PTR is showing it you would go from 1326.23 dps to 1905.65 on your weapon. Your overall dps would go from 261,664.48 to 307,594.37 (overall gain of 45,929.89 dps)

Sry for the wrong numbers, bug should be fixed.

Your calculation when it's a Windforce isn't correct. Adding the correct +223 that I should get on Min but only adding +223 to Max, when it should be +447

Also fixed but i'm not sure about your +447.

513-1249 / 1.49 =
344-838 - 264-380 =
80-458

80 + 264 + 150 = 494 (494 > 458 so we replace 458 with 494 + 1)
80-495 + 150-150
230-645 + 264-380
494-1025 * 1.49
736-1527

So you should get 223-278 from a marquise ruby.
Edited by sssd#2577 on 1/25/2013 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

R.I.P. 2h

not sure why you are posting about 2h skorns and Barb weapons or monk weapons... you do realize this is the DH Forum no?

We cannot run any 2h weapons other than 2h Xbow or 2h Bow. replies of discussion related to marquis here should remain DH related.

I believe if you have concerns and want to solicit replies regarding 2h weapons such as the ones you mentioned it would be most beneficial to start or reply to those threads in the appropriate forum.

This my 1st time i see peek of 1.07. I dont know how did i get or why im in US forum. Maybe i did click short link. Any case sorry.

btw 2h bow has huge attack speed compared 2h axe. So this 1.07 is very IMBA.

Coz im barbarian im not allowed be in demon hunter forum???
Reply Quote
Here is my profile for sorc ref
Reply Quote
[quote]

In any event... it is about build diversity. You want a 2h skorn you may not get all of what you want. You want to run sword-n-board Same thing.. you want to run 2 1h weapons you can as well. This is about diversity. If a person only gravitates only to what is the most DPS we would all be glass cannons. You can choose more CD on your skorn with you having 188% CD base and a 100% CD gem in it. so you have 288 CD on your skorn and are complaining with a 1400+ dps weapon. LOLOLOL

Go troll and cry elsewhere with your OP skorn. I know it must be terrible to know DHs might actually get more benefit from the marquis ruby than you. Either cry to ya 2h skorn barb friends or go roll a DH. :)

Actually i feel now much better. Im clad that we can talk... calling me troll wont stop me. Talking makes things better.
Reply Quote
The original 1.0.7 interview had them saying that they wanted to buff rubies to make them more viable over emeralds for people who preferred attack speed over crit dmg.

Now it seems like attack speed and damage will remain unchanged for lesser rubies, but the new tier ruby will have enough damage to be able to compete with the new tier emerald.

Does anyone know for sure what they are actually planning on doing?
Edited by AnderFunk#1802 on 1/25/2013 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here are some of my old calculations:

Lets say Hota users got 100% critical hit change.

So how much CHC worth versus IAS? I got 564% critical hit damage with ruthless. So how much 9% IAS worth for me? 564x0.09= 51% CHD.

IAS versus STR? So i got 2953 STR. 2953x0.09= 266 STR

CHD versus STR? 51% CHD worth 266 STR in my case as HOTA user.
Reply Quote

R.I.P. 2h

say that again when dueling a scorn barb who knows what he is doing. middle finger to guys who dont use skorns... good dual wield has an ability to be at least a bit better than currently compared to 2h weapons. dont forget that for a long time people described skorn as the ultimate weapon.
Reply Quote
of cuz. if the weapon is not account bound, you can give the socketed weapon to others and the ppl get the gem....

facepalm
Reply Quote
the issue is some barbs have spent so much gold on the most OP weapon that was in existance thinking they have the best of the best of the best

Now with Gem Changes that may not necessarily be true anymore as a 1h echoing can do some sick damage.

Now those who have paid their billions and billions of gold to have what they considered the most OP weapon are upset.

So it was OK when the SKORN was the most OP weapon for a Barb.... However Now that it potentially may not be the most OP weapon for them we start to hear them QQing with ImBa references...... I find this very funny ... very funny indeed.
Reply Quote

R.I.P. 2h

say that again when dueling a scorn barb who knows what he is doing. middle finger to guys who dont use skorns... good dual wield has an ability to be at least a bit better than currently compared to 2h weapons. dont forget that for a long time people described skorn as the ultimate weapon.

I dont want PVP. I only want co-op, do some ubers, help friends with key farming.

Im even planning make monk coz most of friends are barbarians. Monks are very good for barbarian team. They can have good damage out put. They help barbarians survive.

Dps output is very important when doing ubers.
Reply Quote
The original 1.0.7 interview had them saying that they wanted to buff rubies to make them more viable over emeralds for people who preferred attack speed over crit dmg.

Now it seems like attack speed and damage will remain unchanged for lesser rubies, but the new tier ruby will have enough damage to be able to compete with the new tier emerald.

Does anyone know for sure what they are actually planning on doing?

Good question
Reply Quote
whenever 1.0.7 is released. My "gut" says Feb 12 or Feb 19th ... but have no clue.. it is in PTR and being tested all right now by many

but even last time when they rolled out MP and all the class changes we were not informed ahead of time. We kinda knew they were rolling it out when they required a 8hr maint window on that particular day. But we didn't get the heads up till like 12-24hrs ahead of time for that long maint window duration.
Reply Quote
the issue is some barbs have spent so much gold on the most OP weapon that was in existance thinking they have the best of the best of the best

Now with Gem Changes that may not necessarily be true anymore as a 1h echoing can do some sick damage.

Now those who have paid their billions and billions of gold to have what they considered the most OP weapon are upset.

So it was OK when the SKORN was the most OP weapon for a Barb.... However Now that it potentially may not be the most OP weapon for them we start to hear them QQing with ImBa references...... I find this very funny ... very funny indeed.

I dont know how it is in here US forum. But in EU forum 2h users have always looked down by Elite players and newcomers. 2h users havent never shared theyr tips. Every one care only dual wield guides in EU forum. Plus 90% players are still using WW build.
Reply Quote
QQ

Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes.

In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
"Shut up or QQ!"
"Why don't you QQ, noob?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]