Diablo® III

Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

The benefit is more in the IAS/ASI of how fast you shoot.

If you're 1-shotting everything, what does it matter how fast you shoot? IAS is just inflating your sheet dps no?

If you're 1-shotting everything anyways, why not shoot faster so you can shoot and run off faster? ;) ^ See what I did there?

I'd argue that boosting more CD when you're already one shotting everything to be "inflating your sheet dps" - since it doesn't make you kill any faster. Whereas, IAS at least helps you launch those bullets faster.
Edited by Origin#1494 on 1/25/2013 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
So i have pretty high attack speed for a monk but these new rubies apparently decrease my dps.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:38 PMPosted by IrishSanta
So i have pretty high attack speed for a monk but these new rubies apparently decrease my dps.

both of your weapons have elemental affixes. Its better for you to keep using emeralds.
Reply Quote
No one 1-shot ubers. Low mp powerleveling is getting old.
Reply Quote
Im very lucky, my mh is ideal for a ruby.
Despite my attackspeed only being 1.53, i gain 15% dps.

http://i49.tinypic.com/euh6k1.jpg
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Origin
If you're 1-shotting everything anyways, why not shoot faster so you can shoot and run off faster? ;) ^ See what I did there?

No, I don't. When you're one shotting everything, you dont benefit from IAS. You shoot once and move on. IAS is inflating your DPS, unlike additional CD, which is useful against extra health elites and (eventually) pvp.

01/26/2013 01:37 AMPosted by HammerHard

At Plvl100, ubers become obsolete, as does powerleveling. That being said, unless they drastically boost the MF from MP, MP0 will remain the most efficient way to farm high number of legendaries per hour, where you can 1 shot everything. In this light, stacking IAS seems to be a very poor approach.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Sephiroth

No, I don't. When you're one shotting everything, you dont benefit from IAS. You shoot once and move on. IAS is inflating your DPS, unlike additional CD, which is useful against extra health elites and (eventually) pvp.

At Plvl100, ubers become obsolete, as does powerleveling. That being said, unless they drastically boost the MF from MP, MP0 will remain the most efficient way to farm high number of legendaries per hour, where you can 1 shot everything. In this light, stacking IAS seems to be a very poor approach.

IAS benefit you by faster disc regen with nightstalker
which grant u everlasting vault like nat legacy users and thus more efficient low mp farming
dun be so sure an approach is useless before you put it into practice
Reply Quote
aret they buffing the non-Marquis rubies as well?
Reply Quote
Its hard to proof that low mp farming is bad. I have never used RMAH. And im getting good loot. Im only picking up Legenderys and Set items.

I have looted my Lacunis... i couldnt never buy item of that level. Or i should stop wasting gold for 60 days and start stack gold.
Edited by HammerHard#2966 on 1/26/2013 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

I think this is wrong, when 1 shot = a kill why wouldn't I want to shoot faster, it reduces mob engage time, speeds up the animation for firing arrows and thus shortens my run time, why else do you think IAS is such a desirable stat? How does adding more crit dmg help when you already kill in one hit, my opinion is limited to mp0-2 farming where white mobs can be oneshotted.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 1/26/2013 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Assuming you one shot everything, minus elites - why would IAS be inflating your DPS? IAS still helps you melt those extra health elites just as much as CD. Now if I'm already one shotting white trash mobs, why would I want to crit harder on them when I can side step and launch attacks faster (and still one shot them?)

PvP-wise, I can agree to crit damage winning out. But low MP farming, I'd have to disagree to IAS being obsolete.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Origin
Assuming you one shot everything, minus elites - why would IAS be inflating your DPS?

IAS assumes you are standing still and shooting, which you're not when you 1 shot everything and fly through the maps. I like IAS for certain build, such as stun lock and sentry builds, but for burst damage its best to stack CC and CD. You'll farm much faster than those stacking IAS.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 06:48 AMPosted by KWDiablo

There are lots of ways to regen disc without IAS, although it certainly helps with the Nightstalker proc. I have decent IAS and find NS very effective, espeically with Multishot. I also usually recommend people get to 40 max disc and run prep - focused mind. Those with new nats should run prep - backup plan. Those with legacy nats, of course, need not worry
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 08:42 AMPosted by BurningJC007
I think this is wrong, when 1 shot = a kill why wouldn't I want to shoot faster, it reduces mob engage time, speeds up the animation for firing arrows and thus shortens my run time, why else do you think IAS is such a desirable stat? How does adding more crit dmg help when you already kill in one hit, my opinion is limited to mp0-2 farming where white mobs can be oneshotted.

IAS has nothing to do with mob engage time. 1 shot is 1 shot. Bam, they dead. Move on.

Speeds up anamation for arrows...I know attacking fast is lots of fun, but you can certainly gain wayyy more dps by replacing your calamity with an equally valued manticore. More burst damage will allow you to 1 shot more mobs more often and greatly increase your low MP farming speed

Farming MP0 requires A LOT of crit damage to one shot everything as well as CC. If eventually you get enough CD to move up to MP1 or 2 without nerfing your efficiency, i think its worth it in the long term. IAS is a desirable stat, as you mentioned, but in the lower MPs you will one shot more mobs by paying extra attention to your CC and CD.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 08:31 AMPosted by HammerHard
I have looted my Lacunis... i couldnt never buy item of that level. Or i should stop wasting gold for 60 days and start stack gold.

In general, I wouldn't recommend stacking gold too much. The value of gold is usually in decline, with the exception of brief periods of time after patch releases. I would save up some gold and upgrade your ammy, gloves or bracers after 1.0.7 when people start crafting the aforementioned items, causing a drop in demand, resulting in lower prices, for which you will have saved up some gold.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
i will gain +35k dps for windforce
Reply Quote
@ FrozenArrow, what do you get with your Calamity?
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Sephiroth

There are lots of ways to regen disc without IAS, although it certainly helps with the Nightstalker proc. I have decent IAS and find NS very effective, espeically with Multishot. I also usually recommend people get to 40 max disc and run prep - focused mind. Those with new nats should run prep - backup plan. Those with legacy nats, of course, need not worry
that's why I was talking about efficiency not just way to regen disc
also i didn't say stacking cc/cd is not beneficial but I just respond to you saying stacking as doesn't help
BTW 1 shot every mob (but not just the fallen and spider in a3 requires very high dph
Reply Quote
any idea how many flawless square rubies to make marquis?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]