Diablo® III

Changing authenticator

Hi all, I have the Blizz authenticator on my phone.

I usually change my phone's OS to try out new releases and features and I wanted to ask how changing OS (and reinstalling the authenticator) would impact my ability to login.

Do I need to dissociate the authenticator each time?
And what if I lose my phone? How do I log back in?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
If you lose access to your mobile authenticator, it will require you to open a ticket or call customer service to have it removed. You will need to provide information to them to prove your identity.

I believe there is also a way to get the codes from the mobile application so you can restore it after you reinstall the application, but I could be wrong about that.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Go to the Application settings and write down the serial # AND the Restore Code. With those two things you can re-install the exact same Authenticator when you finish your OS install. That will prevent you from ever having to remove it from the account in account management.

This article will show you where the codes are and teach you how to clone/re-install the application https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-troubleshooting

The same applies to losing your phone. With those codes you can just download and clone the app to a new device and log in.

Now, if you were to lose the phone and be unable to put the application on a new device...you would have to fill out the Authenticator Removal form here online and they would take it off the account for you.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 1/23/2013 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
This was very helpful, thanks a lot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]