Diablo® III

PvP... How to counter anti-melee DH build?

The build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZkhXV!fdZ!caYbZb
The Opponent: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/revrac-1267/Revrac/3316454

The execution:
1. DH shoots from afar, using hunger arrow or impale
2. Boar, brooding passive, and sentry (aid station) regen give up to 3% HP life regen to a DH stacking over 100k HP
3. Battle scars heals for 60% HP, negating burst
4. Run back to sentry aid station for life regen when hurt.

I have no idea ATM how to beat this build, I tried bursting the DH down. But failed :<
any theories?
Reply Quote
I have no idea ATM how to beat this build, I tried bursting the DH down. But failed :<
any theories?

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reply Quote
Shouldnt mantra of retribution work pretty !@#$ing well against DH?
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 1/24/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looks good to me.

Edit:

Do you know if barbs are successful against him? If so, a bleed option maybe what you need to do.

Have you tried my mystic ally + exploding palm (12 sec rune) with the highest dps 2hander yet?
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/24/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 02:46 PMPosted by FuzzyWuzzy
Shouldnt mantra of retribution work pretty !@#$ing well against DH?

that depends on how much mitigation they have. I tried using Retribution, but only experimented extensively with barb and other monks, and found that the mitigation really diminishes the reflect dmg.

Retribution might do really well against a DH who does not have much resist/armor.
Reply Quote
Do you know if barbs are successful against him? If so, a bleed option maybe what you need to do.

Have you tried my mystic ally + exploding palm (12 sec rune) with the highest dps 2hander yet?

Revrac regens about 4k per second and he can heal 60% hp on cooldown, plus potions is available. The bleed with s&b is not fast enough to counter his amazing LPS...

I have yet to use a skorn with marque gem though.
Reply Quote
clobber him all at once! but still not effective, either he dies on a lucky crit hit! or 3 of you are dead lol i just got lucky to kill him 1 time with my crappy gear on a free 4 all battle... and i will cherish that experience hahahaha...
Edited by dzyre#6503 on 1/24/2013 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Jook (barb) beat REVRAC, I heard he was not too thrilled he lost. I'll ask Jook next time I see him if he used rend, I am pretty sure he did.
Reply Quote
Have you guys use TR with SSS and bells spamming.. I find big burst damage does the trick for melle and range attackers ... I dont think monk skills can handle Barb toe to toe battles because their skills scale on %...
Edited by Immortal#6907 on 1/24/2013 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Immortal

Quite the opposite. I have not met a barb yet that could stand toe to toe with me. It's when they run... that's the problem.
Reply Quote
I haven't played against Revrac yet but I have positive win records against a couple 70k hp 300k dps legacy nats ones. They've been saying my SSS hits them for 120k, so I assume that's how to beat REVRAC as well. Get a little more dps than I have and just 1-shot him with SSS when smokescreen ends. If he hides in his turrets, you can run away and heal up as well.
Reply Quote
If you want to duel him, add me on the PTR and I can set-up a duel. I wish you luck with him.
Reply Quote
cool :) will do
Reply Quote
I failed miserably as well, that is one impressive dh!

My Fitl-powered SSS got him to 20-30% a couple times, with Skorn that is...but after that he just heals to full again with battle scars. I think the only way to kill him is to burst with 300k base dps or so.

Puddinghead, you should try, I think you could sneak in a couple wins
Reply Quote
We have all tried to beat him, so far, none have done well in a formal duel. I did not think you would do well, as you have found out, REVRAC is extremely well geared and plays well. His life pool is higher than mine, and it's a challenge to run him down. In any case, at least you got to test your build against arguably the best geared PvP player in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]