Diablo® III

Dropped OWE, Need 3rd Passive for MP7+

View profile
With Resolve, Seize the Initiative and Beacon of Ytar I can pretty much do MP10 no issues. Although my dps is lacking to do MP10 efficiently, I can handle it no problem.

I'm wondering if there is a better alternative to the three I'm using...or what are you guys using after dropping OwE?

I will be replace my rings soon to get close to 160K unbuffed dps if that matters.
Reply Quote
I'm using STI, Resolve and Combination Strike if that helps?
Reply Quote
Beacon/TGP/chant of reasonance/exalted soul/fleet foot

Oh I dropped STI too...
Reply Quote
Why resolve? It doesn't reduce the damage of anything that will actually kill you (Molten / fire chains etc). Back at release yeah, but you should be able to drop that and pick up something else.

As far as OWE goes, now that it's not getting nerfed, there really isn't any other passive that's compelling enough to drop it for me.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah I'm really not seeing much of a difference when I drop Resolve in the higher MPs.
Reply Quote
If I had your gear, I would drop BW for DR:FS, and pick up combo strike for resolve.
Reply Quote
View profile
After dropping OWE I either run:

STI + Beacon + CS + Overawe
STI + Guiding Light + CS + Time of Need

Depends on whether I'm the only monk or not. Another great step in freeing up build options is getting your mitigation high enough to drop Serenity.
Reply Quote
Firstly nice gear, the gems alone, would be more than some players have ever found / earned... the RMAH must be doing a thriving trade with you!

You could mitigate more damage by getting LS on your primary hand weapon (though you would almost certainly have to prostitute yourself for a LS weapon with roughly equivalent damage / stats)

you can buff your paper DPS by adding deadly reach (foresight), to replace Blinding Flash
and by adding combo strike to replace Beacon of Ytar

deadly reach buffs an extra 18%
combo strike would buff an extra 16%

you could also try dropping fists of thunder and trying way of the hundred fists (blazing fists) for 15% IAS
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks everyone. I'm going to try all of your options and see what feel best under my hands.
Reply Quote
I would suggest fleetfooted as it'l help you kite the stuff that does actual damage easier.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Lightdemon
If I had your gear, I would drop BW for DR:FS, and pick up combo strike for resolve.

BW and DR:FS? One more time please.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:06 AMPosted by IPawnU

BW and DR:FS? One more time please.

Replace Blazing Wrath (15% bonus) for Deadly Reach: Foresight (18%), while using Combo Strike for an extra 8%. (giving you 26%, instead of 15% from BW) .
Reply Quote
View profile
01/25/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Lightdemon
Replace Blazing Wrath (15% bonus) for Deadly Reach: Foresight (18%), while using Combo Strike for an extra 8%. (giving you 26%, instead of 15% from BW) .

I'll try this out tonight. Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
For general farming, i would say fleet foot/sti/combo strike. drop breath of heaven for deadly reach:foresight. It'll actually give you a 34% boost, not 26% (18% dr, 8+8 for each spirit gen). To give you an idea, I have 168k sheet unbuffed, ends up to be 225k buffed + overawe.

Also if your comfortable with your play/defense is adequate, you can drop serenity for dashing strike. It's a fun change of pace, helps you move around a bit, only time I really miss serenity is on high mp's in keeps 2, wallers + maniacs in there kinda suck.

for ubers, sti/combo/resolve or beacon. i really like resolve for ubers, i've never really used beacon unless i was on low mp's using SSS.
Reply Quote
View profile
Noted. TY
Reply Quote
For general farming, i would say fleet foot/sti/combo strike. drop breath of heaven for deadly reach:foresight. It'll actually give you a 34% boost, not 26% (18% dr, 8+8 for each spirit gen). To give you an idea, I have 168k sheet unbuffed, ends up to be 225k buffed + overawe.

Correct. I was compartmentalizing the buffs from the specific skills changed. I did not include the additional 8% from TC.
Reply Quote
Firstly nice gear, the gems alone, would be more than some players have ever found / earned... the RMAH must be doing a thriving trade with you!

Someone's a bit jealous that they haven't had as much luck as others. Just because he has top tiered gems in his equipment doesn't mean he's an RMAHer. Are you saying Druin, Scrapz, Draco and others like them all purchase their equipment, just because it's nice? Are you saying I purchase my gear? I mean, My DPS isn't to far away from the OPs, a mere 5k actually. Seriously, people can do well at a video game without buying their gear.
Reply Quote
View profile
FoT:TC
DR:Foresight or WothF:BF
Serenity: Ascension
Blind:FitL
SW:Cyclone
MoC:Overawe

Beacon
STI
Combo Strike

My 2 cents.

I tried this and it works perfectly. Thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
[quote]

DR:Foresight or WothF:BF

Beacon
STI
Combo Strike

My 2 cents.

WothF:BF

Beacon
STI
Combo Strike

This works much better for me instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]