Diablo® III

CM/WW DPS Simulator (updated website)

Hey guys. Can anyone explain this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRpaM1PA_z8
The video is apparently a bit older, here's the current profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Qiller-2507/hero/333382
This is a simulator config, with his current items and the skills taken from the video:
http://d3cmww.com/cmww?configid=54696

In the video he runs at around 8x DPS. Without shards and just above the 1.7648 APS / 23 ticks breakpoint. Freeze uptime is really low, as expected. But damage is much higher than the simulator says (which is configured with better gear than in the video). And much higher than what I would have predicted.
How is this possible? What am I missing?

That's pretty surprising but my simulator actually puts his effective multiplier at 7.28, after accounting for the bonus damage to elites, if I use 100 ms latency. It shoots up to 7.7995 for 1ms latency, heh. He has 30 APoC and 56% crit. What really surprises me is how Ghom never mobes out of the twisters. If I try that he does laps around me instead of just walking back and forth.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Steve
My guess is there's a lot of error introduced by the SA model, maybe 10-20%.

Just about every time I was doing test runs for a config that included Shocking Aspect, I ended up having to go to 20-30 test runs before I felt like I had a stable average. The DPS for a single run has extremely high variance that never happens without SA. I'm not sure why that should be the case based on the spell description.

I only ran like 2-3 runs but the timing was usually within 1-2s for each run, which I figured was reasonable. My guess as to the reason SA has a high varience is because it is not working as expected with WW, hence the 2.5x coefficient. I would expect it to work the same way as LoH, namely whenever a tic occurs, if it crits, it procs SA 12.5% of the time. Instead, it seems to proc SA more like 30% of the time on crits.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:34 PMPosted by apo

Well to start, the config I get for his profile and skills is http://www.d3cmww.com/cmww?configid=54699 = 1350k dps = about 7.08x multiplier over character sheet.

1550/1350 = 15% more dps

The only explanation I can think of is that he's using Shocking Aspect, and this is a single fight. As I happened to just say a minute ago, Shocking Aspect has an incredibly high variance in a single run. My runs were 40 seconds rather than 89 seconds, but I would get a recorded DPS for a single run that was 15% above average or more quite frequently, the DPS from run to run is all over the place. It's a lame explanation, but it matches up with my testing and I can't think of anything else.
Edited by Steve#1523 on 1/22/2013 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Steve

Well to start, the config I get for his profile and skills is http://www.d3cmww.com/cmww?configid=54699 = 1350k dps = about 7.08x multiplier over character sheet.

1550/1350 = 15% more dps

The only explanation I can think of is that he's using Shocking Aspect, and this is a single fight. As I happened to just say a minute ago, Shocking Aspect has an incredibly high variance in a single run. My runs were 40 seconds rather than 89 seconds, but I would get a recorded DPS for a single run that was 15% above average or more quite frequently, the DPS from run to run is all over the place. It's a lame explanation, but it matches up with my testing and I can't think of anything else.

The config you used is with Diamond Shards. In the video he didn't use Shards but Crystal Shell.
But I think his scoundrel has a cold bow, which would mean we have to tick the "chill_always_active" box. And that puts him at 7.06 again. So your lame explanation still stands^^
Still weird. I never would've thought this was possible with APS<2
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 05:24 PMPosted by apo

1550/1350 = 15% more dps

The config you used is with Diamond Shards. In the video he didn't use Shards but Crystal Shell.
But I think his scoundrel has a cold bow, which would mean we have to tick the "chill_always_active" box. And that puts him at 7.06 again. So your lame explanation still stands^^
Still weird. I never would've thought this was possible with APS<2

If you think about it, he's replacing the lost WW tics from higher APS with 50% extra APoC. 20 APoC and 36 tics vs 30 APoC and 23 tics. Sort of makes sense that it could work if you don't think about it too hard.
Reply Quote
Used and approved it. I like the import option. Well done.
I'm adding you to discuss something...
Reply Quote
Awesome! Please add Explosive Blast crit bonus? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Added. You probably want to get WW bonus when you can, that gives me almost 5x more DPS than the Explosive Blast crit bonus, I'll leave it as an option to show people not to get it.
Reply Quote
Still I wish I had that helm though lol
Reply Quote
Check my profile again ;) I didn't have my slorak's equiped the first time :)

I would think EB bonus would add more than WW bonus since EB is a majority of the damage being done, at least when I calc it out for me it is anyway...

Average DPS = 4814678.50
(DPS / Character Sheet) Ratio = 22.33
DPS from Wicked Wind = 710373.40 [14.75%]
DPS from Chain Reaction = 3045899.30 [63.26%]
DPS from Storm Armor base = 129175.84 [ 2.68%]
DPS from Shocking Aspect = 929230.00 [19.30%]

Course that's calced out for 3 to simulate an e pack...
Edited by Manson#1716 on 1/25/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Manson
I would think EB bonus would add more than WW bonus since EB is a majority of the damage being done, at least when I calc it out for me it is anyway...

Actually this is slightly surprising but at least with my gear, 5% WW bonus adds more to my Chain Reaction damage than 5% CR bonus does... the extra CM procs give more CR casts, and also higher freeze uptime which adds DPS with Bone Chill.
Reply Quote
Don't forget the extra SA procs from WW. That's why it's better. 1 WW cast is like 30-36 tics. 1 EB cast is like 3 tics. Plus WW doesn't have a CD so you should be casting like 2 WW per EB or so. That adds up to a lot of extra SA procs from WW.
Reply Quote
Fighting 1 target(s) for 30 seconds - 500 samples
Average seconds between commands = 0.0708s (4.25 frames with FPS=60)
APS = 2.9370 [36 WW ticks per cast] ; Crit Chance = 55.00% ; APoC = 26
Character sheet DPS = 135530.40 ; Weapon DPS = 1071.67
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Average DPS = 538682.50
(DPS / Character Sheet) Ratio = 3.97
DPS from Wicked Wind = 212776.58 [39.50%]
DPS from Chain Reaction = 238801.39 [44.33%]
DPS from Diamond Shards = 77253.02 [14.34%]
DPS from weapon attack = 3676.01 [ 0.68%]
DPS from Storm Crow proc = 6175.47 [ 1.15%]
Average freeze uptime = 77.64%
Average seconds per Frost Nova cast = 1.22 seconds
Average Frost Nova casts per fight = 24.62
Average seconds per Diamond Skin cast = 1.42 seconds
Average seconds per Slow Time cast = 5.19 seconds
Average Wicked Wind casts per second = 1.69
Average active twisters = 8.95
Average Chain Reaction casts per second = 1.61
Average global cooldown uptime = 92.04%
Average CM procs per second = 8.29 (91.19% from WW)
Average APoC gain per second = 125.00
Average AP spent per second = 91.42
Average Arcane Power = 74.73 (out of max 94)
Average life gain per second = 10398.18 (100.00% from LoH)

Not happy or unhappy, considering its my MP10 uber lock down build. Obviously want more.

Great site for seeing what would happen if I changed a stat.

Doesn't seem to pick up the 276 LPS from my Vile Ward?

If the calculator is accurate, Glass Canon is truly the worst passive ever. Cold Blooded actually gives my higher DPS without the armor/resists downside. When you re-read the descriptions it does make sense 20%>15% but this calculator bring it into sharp relief.
Edited by Whisper#6439 on 1/25/2013 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Whisper

I figured it wasn't important enough to give a row to.

01/25/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Whisper
If the calculator is accurate, Glass Canon is truly the worst passive ever. Cold Blooded actually gives my higher DPS without the armor/resists downside. When you re-read the descriptions it does make sense 20%>15% but this calculator bring it into sharp relief.

The way I have it coded, they give a full 15% and 20% bonus to what your DPS would be without it (don't function additively with each other or any of the other bonuses). 20*0.7764=15.52 so yeah Cold Blooded should be giving you slightly more damage.
Reply Quote
edit: I do have Glass Cannon functioning additively with Magic Weapon so it would be slightly less than a 15% bonus if using that
Reply Quote

I figured it wasn't important enough to give a row to.

Oh, I figures it would show up in this row:

Average life gain per second = 10398.18 (100.00% from LoH)

I also figured that LPS could add up in certain circumstances?

Great work btw, thanks for you efforts.
Edited by Whisper#6439 on 1/26/2013 2:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Love this site. Thanks for all the work Steve!
Reply Quote
Hi Steve,

Think you could add Conduit to the calc too possibly? So we can see how often it procs and what it does for our average APoC gain per second etc? Thanks!

Oh and Prism too please? :)

Great work man, love it!
Edited by Manson#1716 on 1/26/2013 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Manson
So we can see how often it procs

That's why I didn't add it, it triggers on attack rather than hit, so I don't think proc coefficients apply, and I have no idea how often it would proc.

01/26/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Manson
Oh and Prism too please? :)

That one's easy, added ap_cost_reduction to Skill Options.
Reply Quote
Prism actually adds quite a bit of DPS to my setups with 30 WW ticks/cast and 19 APoC. The impact is much less at 33 and 36 WW ticks, but seems to be a good option for anyone who's below the 2.51 breakpoint, or who has less than ~17 APoC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]