Diablo® III

CM/WW DPS Simulator (updated website)

<deleted>
Edited by Steve#1523 on 2/8/2013 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Steve
That's why I didn't add it, it triggers on attack rather than hit, so I don't think proc coefficients apply, and I have no idea how often it would proc.

Logic would say it still uses proc coefficients. Instead of waiting for a crit, it simply has the base chance to proc on each hit, same as LoH. In other words, it equates to 2 APoC for someone with 50 crit.
Reply Quote
I was thinking that when it says "attack" rather than "hit" it means that WW triggers it once when you cast it, instead of 30-40 times for each tick. I can add it if someone finds a link that confirms how it works, I don't want to just guess though, and if it's on the order of 2 APoC or below that's hard to prove by testing the effect on DPS.
Reply Quote
OMG what a math guy. You did a awesome job!!!
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Steve
I was thinking that when it says "attack" rather than "hit" it means that WW triggers it once when you cast it, instead of 30-40 times for each tick. I can add it if someone finds a link that confirms how it works, I don't want to just guess though, and if it's on the order of 2 APoC or below that's hard to prove by testing the effect on DPS.

I guess Loroese is right. It should be possible to test with Ray of Frost - Cold Blood. With a 1.0 APS weapon, it uses the exact amount of AP you naturally gain by regeneration. If you channel RoF, not starting with a full AP globe of course, you will constantly see your AP fill up by 5 and then drop by 5.
Now make a monster run into the beam and watch what happens.
Proc coef is 1/3, with 1.0APS it's ticking twice per second. So I'd expect AP rising at roughly 2/3 per second.
I might test it myself tomorrow, if I get to it.
Reply Quote
Did the test like described above. Several times, always got around 6-7 AP in ~10 seconds. Which is close enough to what I expected.
So I'd say Conduit is "on hit" and uses proc coefficients.
Reply Quote
Or it could be that channeled spells count as "attacks" on each round of channeling but that isn't the case with all spells that do periodic damage. Also Hellfire and Storm Crow have "on attack" procs that can be triggered by auto-attacking at nothing.
Reply Quote
Helfire and Storm Crow can trigger only when you start channeling as far as I know. I remember several posts stating "why is my stormcrow not working with electrocute??".

RoF scales with attack speed exactly like WW. 1.0 APS gives 2 ticks/s. 2.0 APS gives 4 ticks/s. Same mechanics, same breakpoints. Disintegrate is the same, just with a scaling algorithm based on a speed coeficient of 3. Barbarians Sprint/RltW tornados, Whirlwind... All the same.
I don't think there's any difference between WW and channeled spells, other than WW has a fixed duration.
Of course the results from the test above could be a very unfortunate coincidence. After all, it's only one testcase. Because that's the only one I could think of where the actual AP gain is visible.
I'm open to suggestions on how to perform a better test :)
Reply Quote
Something just occured to me while reading another thread. When you set Blood Magic as active, do you have it set to gain life from all damage or do you exclude any skills? The reason I ask is because I recently did a test and found that BM doesn't work with SA or Storm Armor. That practically halves the life gain from it, unfortunatelly. Life Steal on a weapon does work with Storm Armor, but only if you have the weapon equipped when you refresh the buff. It's basically a snapshot type skill that works off your weapon LS only.
Reply Quote
I just assumed it works as it says, 1.5% life steal and reduced by 80% in Inferno. I just put that stuff in without testing it because I figured LoH and life steal worked in a straightforward well-understood way, I guess that's not safe to do in this game.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this amazing tools. I have a problem with the load char selection. Because i have two char named both as the same and i can't select the good one.
Sorry for my english, in my contry we don't have school or even internet. thanks.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Fenton
we don't have school or even internet

How does one post on forums online without internet access?

I can't help you with the issue because I've never used the site since it doesn't work with IE :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]