Diablo® III

RA vs Armor

I wasn't aware that there was +400 armor on gear so yah I must be doing it wrong. So if your math is right then I should only be adding armor if its +400 because it offers less EHP then 60 AR. My mind is blown right now. Thanks for the heads up.

In your case
400 armor = 36000 ehp
60 ar = 33000 ehp

ez
Reply Quote
Snicker.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Ossian
I wasn't aware that there was +400 armor on gear so yah I must be doing it wrong. So if your math is right then I should only be adding armor if its +400 because it offers less EHP then 60 AR. My mind is blown right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you really not understand the simple math at work here?

Hmm nope I believe I don't understand it and that's what it says above. Thanks for your concern though, I greatly appreciate it. How did your d3up profile turn out? I can post it here for you to look at if that makes it easier for you.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Ossian
Snicker.

Here you go! Go down to EHP gained by stat. It's on the right. Glad I can help.

http://d3up.com/b/277522

Snicker.
Edited by ulostface#1341 on 1/21/2013 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
No, I guess you don't understand the math.
Reply Quote
I couldn't survive with only 30k health... How do you guys handle the higher MP levels without getting killed all the time?

If you cant survive with 30, getting to 40 or 50 doesn't help alot for higher MPs 7-10

5k+armor 700+AR
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Comrade
If you cant survive with 30, getting to 40 or 50 doesn't help alot for higher MPs 7-10

Even though you have higher armor and resist all than me, since I have over 3 times your base health, my EHP is probably close to double yours.

I am just pointing out that I can't imagine how you guys manage it with that low amount of health. It is very easy for me to play with a good health buffer.
Reply Quote
^cos we have infinite health with shell spam. So only goals are a) we dont get one shotted so we carry enough health for that. b) shell never goes down b4 casting another and high ar armor enables that.

watch this video as i stand in 125K damage per second cloud taking no damage for 100 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6T_4CkdHdg&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/21/2013 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's true that HP is a luxury, however after 89-90% damage reduction, I think increasing HP is very nice! It does affect your survivability, but not as much as mitigation.
Reply Quote
Standard EHP computation doesn't apply to CM just like paper DPS
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Comrade
I couldn't survive with only 30k health... How do you guys handle the higher MP levels without getting killed all the time?

5k+armor 700+AR

This is so true...HP is just there for you to be able to take spike damage or give enough time to react. Once your LoH or LS can keep up with the damage dealt, Hp no longer becomes useful.

Eg.
-50k hp //3.5k armor// 1.2k LOH will allow u to stay in molten for maybe 10sec, before your hp slowly fall exponentially as LOH cant keep up with damage taken.

-30k hp// 5.5k armor//1.2k LOH will allow u to stay indefinately in molten as LOH = damage taken. (equilibrium)

*But with that said, 30k hp u will die to big spike damage like skeleking's 4hit combo @mp10 while u might be able to survive with tat 50k hp.
Edited by Kagetsu#6314 on 1/21/2013 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
30k HP/750AR/5100 armor will one shotted by Fallen Maniac... at 45k/610AR/5100 armor you wont... (i mean, what else can kill you in 1 shot other than loose Fallen Maniac right?)

Anyway in 1.0.7 anything will be fine with Unstable Anomaly, practically you will never die, loved this passives since Evocation doesnt work with my ping lol.
Edited by Fatamorgana#6950 on 1/22/2013 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
30k HP/750AR/5100 armor will one shotted by Fallen Maniac... at 45k/610AR/5100 armor you wont... (i mean, what else can kill you other than loose Fallen Maniac right?)

Anyway in 1.0.7 anything will be fine with Unstable Anomaly, practically you will never die.

Molten explosion.
Reply Quote
30k HP/750AR/5100 armor will one shotted by Fallen Maniac... at 45k/610AR/5100 armor you wont... (i mean, what else can kill you other than loose Fallen Maniac right?)

Anyway in 1.0.7 anything will be fine with Unstable Anomaly, practically you will never die.

Molten explosion.

Molten Explosion still have lower damage than Fallen Maniac, if any other dangerous thing is Herald of Pestilence long range attack (2 or 3 stack), 3 frozen orbs, moloks fireball x3
Reply Quote
Haha so old school...

4600 armor, 575 all res, 52k life, high AS and LoH...

Cheaper than 1 Mempo and I wonder when I see those 35k life guys with insane gear stacking all res/armor and dying 10x times more than me.
Reply Quote
Haha so old school...

4600 armor, 575 all res, 52k life, high AS and LoH...

Cheaper than 1 Mempo and I wonder when I see those 35k life guys with insane gear stacking all res/armor and dying 10x times more than me.

Well, unless they have no LoH, they shouldn't die that much tbh. It's quite awesome EHP with 35k and high mitigation.
Reply Quote
Blizz nerfed monsters dmg so much that stacking high AR and Armorz are not that important anymore...
Reply Quote
Yeah so if you stack AR and Armor it should even be better. What's wrong with the Wiz you ran with? Lag or smth?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]