Diablo® III

1.07 ...worst patch ever?

View profile
Gems are untradable and have a crippling repair cost. What reason is there to spend all your gold crafting these things when any farming efficiency you gain will be cancelled out by these crazy repair costs?

Also, storm armor.
Reply Quote
View profile
I like the new crafting plans for gear an gems, however something needs to be done about the repair cost. It must be a bug that will hopefully get fixed. Was it Aph or Shandlar or maybe someone else that posted the total repair cost on his tal chest with 3 marquise gems was something retarded like 900k. Even the wealthiest players are not going to spend 1m gold to repair each time that is just absurd!
Reply Quote
There was a blue post confirming that the marq gems making an item permanently BoA was a bug and will be fixed. I suspect this repair thing will be fixed as well.

I fear the 5m to unsocket is going to launch to live however, which is unfortunate. Hopefully they will reconsider.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah, ok. I have been hating on the ilvl 63 recipes but I know I'm gonna roll the dice at least a few times, so I guess that's a good change. Our little blizzy buff is good for trying out new builds, I'll give them that. I really hope you guys are right about repair costs being a bug...
Reply Quote
Marquis gems are not for diablo3, they are for diabloprogress. The repair cost is in line with how often people will actually use the gear they are in... i.e. they will only logout with their Inna's bike shorts and Non-LS Echoing fury, nobody actually plays like that.

I am very excited about the crafting, because it is for people who play diablo3 instead of AH Hero maker.

If it doesn't get worse from current PTR, as far as I am concerned, crafting finally works.

Honestly I am a big fan of 1.07 as it rewards me for the way I play, and (so far) does not punish me for the way I play.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:52 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Also, storm armor.

What.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Shelendil
Also, storm armor.

What.

Lightening from storm armour can now be dodged by players in pvp.
Reply Quote
View profile
Marquis gems are not for diablo3, they are for diabloprogress. The repair cost is in line with how often people will actually use the gear they are in... i.e. they will only logout with their Inna's bike shorts and Non-LS Echoing fury, nobody actually plays like that.

If the repair cost gets fixed, I plan on crafting and using marquis gems. Once I hit 100 there will be no need to change my helm gems so I really don't care about the cost to remove them, however, 5m gold to upgrade to new gear will suck. Sure, they are way too expensive but they are the next step in gem progression.

I am sure people early in the game looked at the difference between perfect star and radiant star and said the same thing.
Reply Quote

If the repair cost gets fixed, I plan on crafting and using marquis gems. Once I hit 100 there will be no need to change my helm gems so I really don't care about the cost to remove them, however, 5m gold to upgrade to new gear will suck. Sure, they are way too expensive but they are the next step in gem progression.

I am sure people early in the game looked at the difference between perfect star and radiant star and said the same thing.

Literally the only reason I have radiants in my gear is because dupers dropped the price to 8m for a while. How much is it to add a marquis to your account, in american dollars? Something like 50? 25? too rich for my blood, even when we are talking funny money.
Reply Quote

I am very excited about the crafting, because it is for people who play diablo3 instead of AH Hero maker.

If it doesn't get worse from current PTR, as far as I am concerned, crafting finally works.

Honestly I am a big fan of 1.07 as it rewards me for the way I play, and (so far) does not punish me for the way I play.

I log out how I legit play! /flex ;)
Reply Quote
Unfortunately the crafting doesn't help wizard much. We require too much from our gloves, we can't really use rare bracers, and tals amulets make dps cheap.

To get a dps amulet from this new crafting that beat a tals (even one with no vit/life) will be really REALLY hard. 100 hours of DE farming and 1b+.

Then you'll see a tals just as good or better is 400m and you'll be sad.

Gloves, we need high IAS and CC to even be considered good, then we want AR and armour and int... And decent 9IAS 10cc gloves cost like 50m now. They arn't great, but they are better than any 9/10 you'll craft within the first billion gold.

I can't say the same for dex amulets though. Except for a few monks using BT, I generally see nothing but rares over there and lots of competition for the top ones. You dont need trifect. Roll a double dex, CC/CD and you got massive dps for your DH. (something 330 dex, 88 CD, 9.5cc wont be all that rare, likely only a couple thousand tries)

The cheapest 9cc, 80 CD, 200 dex amulet is 350m atm. And there would be 3 more rolls on it. I suspect there will be ALOT of these getting made.
Reply Quote
View profile

Literally the only reason I have radiants in my gear is because dupers dropped the price to 8m for a while. How much is it to add a marquis to your account, in american dollars? Something like 50? 25? too rich for my blood, even when we are talking funny money.

The crafting cost for a radiant star gem is 15.4m + mats. Say each one cost 20m you are up to 60m. Add the 20m fee to craft and you now have 80. Gold is down to $20 for 100m so you are looking at $16 of real money.

However, not everything costs real money. I am up almost 400m gold from the last 6 days. I farmed for about 20 hours altogether on mp 1 and earned 200m from a nice socketed chants will with 1100 dps and almost 80m from a lot of decent rares. One was a nice barb trifecta ring with 9 ias, 5 % CC, 32 % CD and 90 strength that sold for 40m. I also managed to flip 6 items for a little over 100m.
Reply Quote
that's fine, I am just saying that 60m for 4 int is never going to be worth it for me, or any other player that doesn't spend money, bot, or flip. Never.

I have like 3 pieces of gear that are over 60m ea.

Each piece of gear you wear would need to be in the billions before 4 int becomes worth 60m.

And that won't happen for people who kill monsters for loot. Ever.
Reply Quote
To get a dps amulet from this new crafting that beat a tals (even one with no vit/life) will be really REALLY hard. 100 hours of DE farming and 1b+.

Then you'll see a tals just as good or better is 400m and you'll be sad

It's just gambling, isn't it. I mean, if you have nothing better to do in this game and enjoy crafting, it's kind of like throwing money at gambling.
Reply Quote
View profile
that's fine, I am just saying that 60m for 4 int is never going to be worth it for me, or any other player that doesn't spend money, bot, or flip. Never.

Each piece of gear you wear would need to be in the billions before 4 int becomes worth 60m.

I do agree that the cost is way too high. I am just saying that for me to find a tal chest with similar AR/Armour/vit/IAS but with 12 more INT it will cost over 400m or more based on current AH prices. Considering I paid 250m for my chest, 80m for 12 INT is a bit more reasonable than trying to sell mine and upgrade.
Reply Quote

These are meant to be end game gems that you get when you dont need/want to upgrade your gear any more. Just like radiant star gems, not everyone will get them. No one is entitled to get what they want. You have to earn it or pay for it. If you dont think they are worth it then dont get them.
Reply Quote
View profile
These are meant to be end game gems that you get when you dont need/want to upgrade your gear any more. Just like radiant star gems, not everyone will get them. No one is entitled to get what they want. You have to earn it or pay for it. If you dont think they are worth it then dont get them.

I don't think anyone is acting like they are entitled to these gems but in the unlikely event blizz decides to, in a future patch, drop the real nerf doom hammer you can't even trade or sell these huge investments to reroll barb/monk/dh.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 09:23 AMPosted by ChangBooster

I don't think anyone is acting like they are entitled to these gems but in the unlikely event blizz decides to, in a future patch, drop the real nerf doom hammer you can't even trade or sell these huge investments to reroll barb/monk/dh.

I think lots of players feel entitled. I agree that being BoA causes them to be a huge investment especially if you want to reroll into a different class. I believe that blizzard is making these gems BoA because of all the duping that took place previously with gems. I also think the gems need to have a greater impact on stats for that cost. Even if you make it 1million to craft, you still spend 46.2 million creating the radiant gems. I think the entire structre of what gems give you needs to scale up more to make them worthwile.
Reply Quote
I think 1.06 is the worst patch
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Shandlar
we can't really use rare bracers

Don't really agree with this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]