Diablo® III

1.07 ...worst patch ever?

View profile
1.0.3 was worst patch. thats patch u could beat game with like 1m cos they sissified game by like 90%.

no shielded minions, no enrage like 1/2 damage from everything

after that ppl starting talking about op ww barbs and cm cos everything tha could hurt them was removed. what do u proc with shielded minions? nothing thats what. how u kill things b4 enrage when you have to run FULL mitigation, shield even, to even live? u dont unless tippy tippy top geared.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/23/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
No. 1.03 it was still very hard. Game got easier in 1.03, but still hard with enrage timer and Invulnerable around. Also the amount of loots at that time was very low, even a 1.1k DPS Bow with no CD was considered godly., and 70k DPS was like zomg GG DPS.

1.04 was the real turnaround with the removal of Enrage timer and Invulnerable, the x4 increase in drop chance, the massive legendary buffs, and damage was scaled down significantly, and, Paragon.

1.02 was like a brickwall, 1.03 game was hard but doable, it's only easy since 1.04. 1.03 imo was the sweet spot for fun and challenge. You feel that the game was easy because the current patch affects your impression I'm pretty sure. And it's not like the current patch is THAT easy to start with.

And 1Mil gold in 1.03 was the same as 50M gold today. I could buy good stuff with a few 100k Gold.
Edited by novice#1750 on 1/23/2013 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
No. 1.03 it was still very hard. Game got easier in 1.03, but still hard with enrage timer and Invulnerable around. Also the amount of loots at that time was very low, even a 1.1k DPS Bow with no CD was considered godly., and 70k DPS was like zomg GG DPS.

1.04 was the real turnaround with the removal of Enrage timer and Invulnerable, the x4 increase in drop chance, the massive legendary buffs, and damage was scaled down significantly.

1.02 was like a brickwall, 1.03 game was hard but doable, it's only easy since 1.04. 1.03 imo was the sweet spot for fun and challenge. You feel that the game was easy because the current patch affects your impression I'm pretty sure. And it's not like the current patch is THAT easy to start with.

And 1Mil gold in 1.03 was the same as 50M gold today. I could buy good stuff with a few 100k Gold.

1.03 is when i beat this game with 1.25m in gear and 10kdps. epicol did it with 750K in gear and 4k dps. we posted videos on it to show how ridiculous it was. they did not have enrage or shielded minion. i had already collected 20 m off the ground by that time with only like 7k elite kills.

check ur patch histoy man ur off by 1

1.0.4 was ww nerf in response to how ez it was.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/23/2013 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
You should double check:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7029347/Patch_104_Now_Live-8_20_2012

I believe you skipped 1 whole patch and assumed 1.03 = 1.04
Reply Quote
View profile
http://www.diablowiki.com/Diablo_III_Patches
Reply Quote
I honestly think the game got a lot better with each content patch so far, and I think 1.07 is no exception.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Aimless

Nvm it was correct. 1.04 was the big patch.
Edited by novice#1750 on 1/23/2013 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 12:18 PMPosted by novice

Nvm it was correct. 1.04 was the big patch.

dude ur wrong.

Read 1.0.3 its the babies patch and made game so u could beat it with 1m in gear ezpz

Champion and Rare monsters will no longer enrage after prolonged combat, and they will no longer heal to full health after not being engaged
Jailer can now no longer appear with Knockback, Nightmarish, or Vortex
Invulnerable Minions has been removed as a possible affix

etc etc etc http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6457499
Reply Quote
... that was from the "patch 1.04 is now live" in the official website. You got it in 1.03 notes? From where?
Reply Quote
Champion and Rare monsters will no longer enrage after prolonged combat, and they will no longer heal to full health after not being engaged
Jailer can now no longer appear with Knockback, Nightmarish, or Vortex
Invulnerable Minions has been removed as a possible affix

Man, i would love to see this stuff come back now that we have monster power. It was only a problem when you couldn't adjust the difficulty and the default was pretty tough.

I've always thought Invulnerable Minions could easily come back as Pretty-Hard-To-Kill Minions, yano. Like even just 75% damage reduction, which disappears once the big guy is dead. Should we kill the minions first? The main guy first? Bit of both at once because we're a god and we just AoE down everything?! I guess that's what it would turn into now, for me, but i'd still have to make a point of focusing on the big guy a little bit, and my spec is mostly AoE as well, so, you know.
Reply Quote
View profile
Aimless, you're mistaken. 1.03 was the guaranteed rare from elite packs. It also reduced mobs damage in acts 2 and 3. Invul wasn't removed til 1.04.
Reply Quote
I think Invulnerable would change the whole CM thing lol. You can't proc from Minions, what do.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 12:41 PMPosted by novice
I think Invulnerable would change the whole CM thing lol. You can't proc from Minions, what do.

I ran sme's old star pact build back in 1.03 and if recall correctly, they did proc, could be frozen, just couldn't be killed...was different than shielded mobs.
Reply Quote
Invulnerable minions weren't removed until 1.04, same patch as paragon leveling.

A bunch of mob stuff was reduced in 1.0.4. I remember Ghom was nerfed. Before that patch you had to kite him around the room because he was filling it up so fast with gas.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:43 PMPosted by ChangBooster

I ran sme's old star pact build back in 1.03 and if recall correctly, they did proc, could be frozen, just couldn't be killed...was different than shielded mobs.

Cool! I only remember I got a lot of "immune" messages lol they were nightmares for kite builds.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:43 PMPosted by ChangBooster

Actually i think they could be frozen but didn't proc at all. If your gear was good enough though, one target was enough procs to get enough freeze going to survive, and if it wasn't you'd have to drag extra trash mobs in for more procs to help you kill the big guy. I might be wrong, but that's what my memory is telling me, anyway.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't mean CM proc, coz you can't crit them. But didn't they proc LoH?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 12:39 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Aimless, you're mistaken. 1.03 was the guaranteed rare from elite packs. It also reduced mobs damage in acts 2 and 3. Invul wasn't removed til 1.04.

sorta in 1.0.2 they were 100% invulnerable 1.0.3 made em sometimes. 1.0.4 completly removed it. but the big dif was .2 to 3 not 3 to 4. read patch notes man 1.0.3 changed everything made game ez pz

Champions, Rares, and Uniques have had their pathing improved
Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality
Damage from monsters in Acts II, III, and IV in Inferno difficulty has been reduced
Colossal Golgor base damage has been reduced
Herald of Pestilence tentacle attack damage has been reduced
Soul Ripper and Soul Lasher damage has been reduced and both monsters will now run away less often
Wasps in Act II, Mage Constructs in Act II, and Winged Mollocks in Acts III and IV will now run away less
Succubus monsters will now run away less and for a shorter distance
The health pools of Woodwraiths in the Highlands now match the health pools of Woodwraiths in the Fields of Misery
Lacuni and Scavenger Rares and and Champions will now un-burrow when called by their allies
Bloodclan Warriors no longer knockback when buffed and attack slightly slower
Morlu no longer have the Invulnerable Minions, Health Link, or Fire Chains affixes
Plagued, Arcane Enchanted, and Electrified monsters no longer have resistance to Poison, Arcane, and Lightning damage (respectively)
Leaders of Invulnerable Minions packs have had their health pools reduced
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/23/2013 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
sorta in 1.0.2 they were 100% invulnerable 1.0.3 made em sometimes. 1.0.4 completly removed it. but the big dif was .2 to 3 not 3 to 4. read patch notes man 1.0.3 changed everything made game ez pz

Invul was never an off/on affix. It says right in the notes and I remember it clearly as well. 1.03 reduced the HP of the yellow mob. There were still elites that were near impossible without ridiculous gear in 1.03, even in A2. 1.03 made it easier, yes. Some elites affix combos were still imba tho. But 1.04 was the big carebear.

http://i.imgur.com/n5LXVkx.jpg
i had about 4200 armor and almost 700 res all at the time, unbuffed.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 1/23/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]