Diablo® III

Finally Eligible to Join the 100K Club!

Yay, go me! Where do I sign up?

I realize that 100K paper DPS is not such a big deal these days, especially if we take into consideration that it took me over 8 months to achieve it, but I'm still proud that I managed to get there while retaining quite a bit of the tank properties I started with, before we had MP.

It was a slow journey for me, mostly because I don't flip and don't have much luck with drops, either. It didn't help much as well, that in the first few months after release I was dedicated to a self-fabricated concept of a crit-less Monk. The build didn't catch up (can't imagine why) but the fact remains that up until somewhere in 1.0.4 I was stubbornly refusing to equip even a single piece of gear, if it had any traces of CC or CD among its affixes. Oh, well - we've all been young and foolish (some of us more than the others), but as long as we learn from our mistakes - very few things are truly impossible.

Next stop - 110K (yeah, I'm taking it one step at a time). I'm currently looking to upgrade my weapons, but I have the feeling it's going to cost me. Still - if anyone has something old rolling about their stash, that may look like an upgrade for me - let me know what its stats are and how much you'd be looking to get, in order to part with it.
Reply Quote
congrats!

Edit: when i hit 100k it seemed like almost within the next week that i was able to jump to 150k
Edited by H00K#1411 on 1/23/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good Work. ^_^
Reply Quote
Sorry, the 100k club has been replaced by the 200k club. Please reapply when you meet the new minimum requirements.

Other then that, looks good to me.
Edited by Narcolepsy#1563 on 1/23/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Congrats!!!
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Narcolepsy
Other then that, looks good to me.

speaking of looking good, that axe that ur not using on your monk looks real nice...

@ OP, looking good, now the real work begins looking for trifecta to up the dps without killing ur other stats, good luck!
Edited by AnHiLaToR#1467 on 1/23/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Grats OP!

GL with the upgrade path to greatness! I'm on my way too... well trying to.
Trying to reach 200k dps gets harder and harder - upgrades on the AH cost a bomb.
Reply Quote
'grats and yeah... I have been trying to inch my way up, but it seems like once I hit 100k I have hit a brick wall! Hopefully you have better luck than I do (arcane res stuff is iffy to come by for some reason).
Reply Quote
Congrats to you. Milestones are sweet. Enjoy the next one when you get there!
Reply Quote
Congrats!

You should be particularly happy, too, because you have so many other things going for you at 100K DPS: some pick up radius, very solid resists, and and probably an equivalent of over 125K DPS from all of those bonuses to skills.

For some unsolicited advice: Dex on weapons is often a cheap way to improve. You can actually get to your next stop (110K) just by adding Dex there. They're sometimes pretty cheap, too. Last one I bought was similar to your main hand (more DPS, less CD) with about 250 Dex for about 7M gold.

Anyway, achieving goals is awesome. so congrats!

(And don't listen to Narcolepsy. He's just jealous. If you check his profile, you'll see he only has 83K DPS right now ;)
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 1/23/2013 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Laurelynd
I realize that 100K paper DPS is not such a big deal these days,

as far as i'm concerned it's a HUGE hump to cross over. GJ and grats!
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 02:42 PMPosted by KamelJabber
hump

Mind - Blown.
Reply Quote
congrats!

Edit: when i hit 100k it seemed like almost within the next week that i was able to jump to 150k

Wow! Meanwhile, it seems to be taking me forever to get past this particular hump. What's your secret (to increase your DPS by 50% over a matter of a week)?!?!

Oh, and congrats OP! :)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 1/23/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Grats :D I'm probably 5 or less paragon levels away from hitting 100k myself :p

I can totally relate to having awful RNG luck, although perhaps mine isn't as bad as yours since you've likely logged quite a few more hours playing than I have XD

As far as upgrades, just be patient and play the bidding game. Theres always deals to be had, my offhand for instance was only 4012 gold lol. (and its almost as good as your mainhand)
Reply Quote
Congratulations for your achievement! Solid i like !
Reply Quote
Grats OP! Hopefully the next 10k of DPS wont take forever :P
Reply Quote
Wow, I would have prepared an award accepting speech, had I known that so many people would show up, delivering congratulations! (%

Thanks a lot, guys! You've been great, I have received so much help and good advise in this forum. The Monks' community is the best!
Reply Quote
very nice
Reply Quote
You should have continued on your journey to be a non CC CD monk, then you would be a Unique monk, now you are just one of many 100k dps monks.
Reply Quote
Congrats man can I ask why you don't use Exp Gem in helm?
I just keep a 2nd helm in my inventory with MF and MF gem and swap on boss kills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]