Diablo® III

Where to go now?

I've got my barb with a basic build. Nothing special, but I need some help on where to gear towards and which improvements to take next. I can solo mp5 so far, but sometimes i get rocked by arcane/molten/etc. I'm currently trying to sell a pair of gloves so that should give me a total of about 80mil to spend on upgrades. I like this current skillset so far (at least for my gear atm, so lets avoid bashing that). With new gear of course, I'll probably need to change the skills also. I need to know about how much I should be looking to spend on each piece of upgrade too so I don't blow everything on one item.

Issues I'm noticing: hota dries up my skill bar. I know there's -cost, but those items are hard to find and expensive. My survivability needs heavy improvement. of course dps can always be improved too. Any help would be appreciated as I'm just not sure what to do next. Thank you!

here's to hoping i linked this right: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BratsDrgn-1935/hero/8623104
Edited by BratsDrgn#1935 on 1/23/2013 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
wow, first and foremost you have zero crit damage on any of your gear except for your weapons. That is your biggest opportunity for improvement. I would also look into replacing that mighty weapon in your main hand to an axe or mace. The weapon master passive boosts those alot more than the mighty weapons.

however, you will have to be a smart shopper with only 80 million at your disposal. You can make great strides if you are smart. I spent around 50 million last night and improved my DPS 50,000. i have been a skorn user with 200,000 dps, but I have gotten kind of bored with the skorn so I switched over to dual wielding. Before last night I only had 133,000 DPS with my 1 handers and gear. Last night I spent around 50 million replacing both weapons and amulet and boosted the hell out of my DPS. So it can be done
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 1/24/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199642214
Reply Quote
OOK thanks, so look for crit damage of course. I'm trying to keep hota in my build for single target, so I'm trying to find a way to keep Perma hota. Atm the closest I have is ik set, which with what I can afford doesn't offer much. As far as weaps go, then, do you suggest I switch out oh for ef? And of course try to keep something similar to my mh but just go for mace/Axe instead. Unfortunately I can't afford mempo and witching hour and all that atm and still upgrade weaps. I've been running mace this whole time but it had no crit, just ls/loh. So I switched to this mighty my friend gave me and I was hoping the 3 rage would help keeping wota up. So do you think I should break ik set and do a more standard ww build, or upgrade weaps to mace and hope the cc helps keep hota up? Of course I know upgrading Current items with cd will help damage. I figure those are periodic upgrades I can make once I get a better build set up.
Edited by BratsDrgn#1935 on 1/24/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
And thanks sol ill probably hit you up when I get back from work tonight lol
Reply Quote
wow, first and foremost you have zero crit damage on any of your gear except for your weapons. That is your biggest opportunity for improvement. I would also look into replacing that mighty weapon in your main hand to an axe or mace. The weapon master passive boosts those alot more than the mighty weapons.]

yes

[however, you will have to be a smart shopper with only 80 million at your disposal. You can make great strides if you are smart. I spent around 50 million last night and improved my DPS 50,000. i have been a skorn user with 200,000 dps, but I have gotten kind of bored with the skorn so I switched over to dual wielding. Before last night I only had 133,000 DPS with my 1 handers and gear. Last night I spent around 50 million replacing both weapons and amulet and boosted the hell out of my DPS. So it can be done

OP, yes boost your dps but for heaven's sake don't do it like this guy. He has absolutely no ls or loh in his build, instead relying solely on bloodthirst. Terrible. Yes he uses rend bloodlust as a crutch, but his skillset is the most inefficient thing I've ever seen.
Edited by Vulindlela#1880 on 1/24/2013 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not looking to bash anyone giving advice... Just constructive please. Basically I'm looking for upgrade advice on how I should allocate the 80m. Even though it's not a lot to most of you it's all I've got lol
Reply Quote
checkout my gear i can run mp7 solo, mp5 pretty quickly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]