Diablo® III

I have turned into a freeze wd.

After seeing blackjack profile and added him, i decide to make me a freeze wd for the fun of it. And its quite fun actually as i k do mp8 currently freezing all the mobs and elites and get my key. Now i just have to further upgrade myself for more dps.
Reply Quote
Welcome to the club, brother.
Reply Quote
why not get that sword that has like 15% chance to freeze?

Azurewarth?
Reply Quote
nice to see different build working on high mp!

@op how many % total do u need to make it almost perma control mob?

@dropsy, that sword have high chance to freeze but very low dps and dont come with socket nor CD
Reply Quote
Well what you have is a start at a proc doctor. You may visit MP8 with other players by you aren't soloing past 5, maybe 6 if you like running.

@Hmonster - There is no mob permastun/freeze as the proc comes from mostly RoT, which can only hit two or three monsters at once. Even when AC is used to proc, it does not proc all monsters at once, it must do a check on each monster it hits.

Proc doctors, which I play solo on MP7 and 8, are mostly good at controlling elites and bosses. For example I can keep Siegebreaker locked up on MP7 about 90% of the time.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 1/24/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I did mp8 solo, kill 5 pack of elites with ard 3 deaths. And did 1 mp9 uber kulie with one dh and 1 barb.
Reply Quote
Yes and I can run around MP10 and do the same thing, it just takes forever to kill things, like it takes you on MP 7 and 8. You belong on MP 5 or 6 if you are soloing at the most.
Reply Quote
Just curious are there any skills that can't proc the CC effects? Does chance to freeze / stun / chill work on poison cloud, locust swarm, roll the bones, etc. Thanks!
Reply Quote
i see. well, i keeping this set just for group uber. for mp 5-6 i'll be using another set. This is just for the fun. My dream set is the zombie dog set. But too costly.
Reply Quote
@skywalkerfx do u think i need to get trails with immobilise just like yours to get more %?
Reply Quote
@ superfiend - All skills can proc. I have seen bears and Soul Harvest proc freeze. It's just that they do not do it often enough to be used for proccing the crowd control effects in a reliable manner. If you want to see skill proc rates look in the Index to Witch Doctor Builds and Guides
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486 under Guides.

@Evolutionese - First I'm not trying to call you out on what level you play on, just trying to keep things real for all the readers of the thread.
Second, as to which procs to use;

Freeze and Stun are the two dominant procs. They will hit on top of other procs (secondary procs). So those two are must have procs.

All the other procs are secondary procs.

What most proc doctors say is you want some where around a 15% proc rate. So you would need at least one more piece and probably two pieces to get in that range. The problem is that it is hard to find reasonably priced proc gear with good offensive and defensive stats.

I really have no strong feeling about any of the secondary procs except blind (on amulets). I really like that proc but it is impossible to find on a high DPS amulet.

Immobolize (on boots) roots enemies in place, but does not give the root animation of the Hellrack Croosbow. The only way you know that it has hit is you see the word root float over the monsters head when it hits. So it is very difficult to determine it is in effect.

I would say to use whatever secondary procs you can find at a reasonable price with good stats on the gear.

Oh and a few words about procs I don't like. Knockback on bracers would seem like a good proc except it does not stun monsters when you knock them back. And I don't like fear, as in using a 15% chance to fear Echoing Fury. The goal is to proc them, not scatter them.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 1/24/2013 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
@skywalker

So you are the guy with the 5% freeze witching hour.
Also can you please get people to request a sticky for your guide compendium. I really hate having to look for it.

@Dropsy

Dont listen to these chumps. I am secretly working on a build using Azurwrath that is MP10 uber viable. I hope people keep thinking azurwrath is a bad item so the prices drop.
Edited by EigenVector#1828 on 1/24/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
So you are the guy with the 5% freeze witching hour.
Also can you please get people to request a sticky for your guide compendium. I really hate having to look for it.

I am really trying to get the Guide stickied.

And I think you are thinking of SayGa. He is the one with one of the best Witching Hour freeze belts and stun gloves I have seen.
Reply Quote
I scored a cheap Butcher's Sickle with CD/OS/LS and the proc on it is amazing. In addition to the drag (which sometimes doesn't happen) it's a 3 second stun. Pretty neat little effect, and my total DPS didn't drop by much over the LS skorn.

Also, don't forget blind. Blind is one of the 3 core procs along with stun and freeze. The problem is that usually you've gotta give up massive DPS or EHP to get it on an ammy. There was a CC/CD/Blind tal's ammy a while back but it's long gone. It's mostly a free affix though so if you search long enough you'll find something decent.
Reply Quote
don't forget your companions if you are soloing. look at my scoundral once for what i mean. sol0ing you don't need the CC on your self.... use your companion to do it for you.

mine is a fast attack multi shot freeze machine
Edited by Jane#1803 on 1/24/2013 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Evolutionese
@skywalkerfx do u think i need to get trails with immobilise just like yours to get more %?

Aye, Trails with proc are golden - well worth looking out for.
Reply Quote
don't forget your companions if you are soloing. look at my scoundral once for what i mean. sol0ing you don't need the CC on your self.... use your companion to do it for you.

mine is a fast attack multi shot freeze machine

Yes the followers work pretty good until they get whacked by elites on high MP when you need them the most.

The whole point of a proc doctor is to proc elites. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference to proc trash monsters.

And I'd rather have the sorceress, I like how she turns elites into chickens. Scoundrel is good for the extra cc though.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 1/24/2013 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just noticed that I have a pretty good freeze witching hour. I bought it for 20m, but in searching the AH recently it looks like it might be a 1b+ item. Should I flip it?

http://i.imgur.com/SKaZnLs.png
Reply Quote
I just noticed that I have a pretty good freeze witching hour. I bought it for 20m, but in searching the AH recently it looks like it might be a 1b+ item. Should I flip it?

http://i.imgur.com/SKaZnLs.png

Prob not 1b+, but you'll get 200m+ for it.
Reply Quote
@skywalker what upgrades do u think i should need. Best if i could add u in game and then maybe u k teach me more on the setup and equip. Currently i thinking of either getting a ef or a skorn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]