Diablo® III

Path of Exile Skill tree in Diablo 3

To be honest i cant say something about whats better Diablo or Path of Exile and thats not the piont in the thread but did you´ve seen the awsome skill tree in Path of Exile ? Put this in Diablo or something close and you can try so much different stuff in the game ..
Well however what you guys think about a skill tree in Diablo with more variation and mix ?
Tell me your opinion .
Edited by Rhiux#2161 on 1/24/2013 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldnt complain about a skill tree for the paragon levels, things that really beef up your character. However I wouldnt want it to be like POE. That skill tree looks impressive, but youll quickly realize that most of it is just skill point allocation, such as +10 to stats. Nothin really too groundbreaking about it minus its scale.
Reply Quote
90% of ARPGs have a skill tree.

The fact that Diablo 3 doesn't makes it stand out (for better or for worse is a matter of opinion). Incorporating one into the game would be a huge step backwards.
Reply Quote
absolutely not. skill trees are very restrictive and hurt diversity.
Reply Quote
Well there is no skill tree in D3, you just play and it unlocks a few things over time.

PoE you actually choose your path and you get things good or bad based on what you try to make your build to be. HUGE Difference.
Reply Quote
90% of ARPGs have a skill tree.

The fact that Diablo 3 doesn't makes it stand out (for better or for worse is a matter of opinion). Incorporating one into the game would be a huge step backwards.

LOL...
Reply Quote
blizzards games are all setup to be fundamentally simple. D3, WoW, SC2 like it or not you are fed options without much room to think for yourself. While this works for the so-called hard core gamer, it really doesnt for the real hard core gamers that enjoy the time spent getting nitty gritty to have one over the competition.
Reply Quote
Keystones and a few notables are the only interesting nodes in PoE's passive skill web, all the other nodes are raw stats or offensive/defensive bonuses. What I would like to see are more passives and/or legendary-tied effects which give a significant bonus but come with a tradeoff like some keystones in PoE.
Reply Quote
Just throwing this out here but PoE's skill tree is almost TOO big.. I love the game tons but holy balls it looks like someone threw gravel at the world's biggest windshield. lol
Reply Quote
PoE's skill tree was taken from FFX, an abysmal creation of terrible. It's unoriginal, it's bad, it's bloated, and it doesn't even make for interesting choices. What a coincidence, PoE is the same.
Reply Quote
Well the thing is, skill trees as found in D2, TL2, POE make the character more powerful. So that would work in a game like that because it's balanced around the skill tree.

In Diablo 3, you can't implement a system like that in this existing game because the power exists in the gear. The skills work off of the gear so all you need to do is select a gearset that works for that spec.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Dys
PoE's skill tree was taken from FFX, an abysmal creation of terrible. It's unoriginal, it's bad, it's bloated, and it doesn't even make for interesting choices. What a coincidence, PoE is the same.

This x1000

That "skill tree" adds a fake degree of difficulty/skill. I bet you could consolidate so much of that garbage.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:08 PMPosted by familia
POE has a "passive" skill tree. Skill points add character improvements much like badass tokens from Borderlands 2. To be honest, it's not that incredibly in-depth or awesome.. I think the entire process is tedious, although the gem system is fairly cool.

This person has a proper perspecitive. OP is posting about something he has barely used. It's just more stats. It's cool but, it's no where near as cool as the gem system which is basically final fantasy's spell system.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:42 AMPosted by padako

pls tell me about the all the different builds in d3. I'll wait for it.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Omarcoming

pls tell me about the all the different builds in d3. I'll wait for it.

ww spec

sprint spec

bash spec

battle rage spec

war cry spec

wotb spec

there.
Reply Quote
Spike trap spec
Elemental spec
Strafe spec
Sentry spec

were the ones i used.

edit. I knew I saw that skill tree from somewhere. Didnt think they would just outright copy FFX
Edited by Foxx#1886 on 1/24/2013 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
No, because that will cause D3 to lose 80% of its fans who are 13 years old.
Edited by silverkw#1355 on 1/24/2013 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]