Diablo® III

Why not bring back Runewords? and D3 big problems

- Rune words
The big problem in Diablo III its diversified builds. Why not bring back Runewords? Why we not get new gems? only upgrade the 5 gems? that's not sufficient and if the runes back, there will not be a "remake" of Diablo 2, as I've seen the most answers of blues many times when someone criticizes this point. It will be MORE different builds, NEW builds. Compact everything into 5 gems to simplify attributes its not Diablo.

-Item affixes, roll stats
The affixes from yellow items did not have any improvement at 1.0.7. I'm farm like 150 or 200 yellow per day, only 1 or probably 2 are usable.

-Infernal machine
why after hard work for find all keys to make infernal machine, there is not a 100% chance to find materials of hell fire ring on bosses? Who is low lvl Paragon (like me) hardly succeeds. This quest works for who are mp 8 +

-PvP
No awards, not have a purpose, has no team battles we can only do PvP in act 1..

-What remains to do in diablo 3 now
Only make tired runs for plvl paragon lvls ( only in atc 3 ) and only this.....
Edited by Libano#1235 on 1/24/2013 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Forget about Diablo 2, go back to Diablo! We should be able to use ALL spells and abilities! Diablo 2 is a joke compared to Diablo.
Reply Quote
Forget about Diablo 2, go back to Diablo! We should be able to use ALL spells and abilities! Diablo 2 is a joke compared to Diablo.

What? did you play Diablo 2 Lod?
Reply Quote
really is a good idea

- Rune words
The big problem in Diablo III its diversified builds. Why not bring back Runewords? Why we not get new gems? only upgrade the 5 gems? that's not sufficient and if the runes back, there will not be a "remake" of Diablo 2, as I've seen the most answers of blues many times when someone criticizes this point. It will be MORE different builds, NEW builds. Compact everything into 5 gems to simplify attributes its not Diablo.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Greymateria

Diablo was a lot of fun mixing it up. Path of exile is sort of doing the same thing, but in a more limited fashion.
Edited by Valius#1710 on 1/24/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
- am i the only one that sees how legendary/set crafting plans are basically the same thing as runewords? runewords were basically unique items that you crafted. they had stats that they always rolled, but changed in quality. legendary/set plans have a few stats they always roll at a varied quality and a few random stats. the only problem is how hard they are to find and that they arent as useful as found items. so i think they should just buff these and increase the drops a lil.

- i think the rare rolls are ok. if almost every item you find is usable than finding something good would be less rewarding in my opinion.

- i think the uber system is fine. weaker people have a chance to get the item, and an incentive to try and do higher mp.

- the pvp coming out is just a simple way people can kill each other. the more complex pvp will be with the arena. mostlikely having rewards, betting, and rankings.

- more endgame would be nice. like an endless dungeon or a hord mode, but i still enjoy leveling and farming wherever i feel.
Reply Quote
- am i the only one that sees how legendary/set crafting plans are basically the same thing as runewords? runewords were basically unique items that you crafted. they had stats that they always rolled, but changed in quality. legendary/set plans have a few stats they always roll at a varied quality and a few random stats. the only problem is how hard they are to find and that they arent as useful as found items. so i think they should just buff these and increase the drops a lil.

1- i think the rare rolls are ok. if almost every item you find is usable than finding something good would be less rewarding in my opinion.

2- i think the uber system is fine. weaker people have a chance to get the item, and an incentive to try and do higher mp.

3- the pvp coming out is just a simple way people can kill each other. the more complex pvp will be with the arena. mostlikely having rewards, betting, and rankings.

4- more endgame would be nice. like an endless dungeon or a hord mode, but i still enjoy leveling and farming wherever i feel.

1- thats not true, something in your post makes no sense. As an example, in rune words, had several items according to our need, find the runes and make the items only for your need, with their rolls. That what is missing in Diablo III.with only roll of runes. Because you already know that the one item who you made with runes is what you need, now with legendary item, we have to be lucky enough to drop the item what you need and have a good roll.

2- No its not, maybe incentive people to go at RMAH and spend money in ger.

3- yes, I agree with you about it

4 - agree
Edited by Libano#1235 on 1/24/2013 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
If they do this, I want it done right, and I know what is right- or close to it.

all white armor must be crafted to orange armor first, orange armor has 4 stats, low stats, like +10 to 50 str, or 0.2 to 2% crit, and such. and random sockets (unless the white armor has sockets). Then, you can runeword the orange items. Also, no unsocketing.

I think 3 tiers of runes would be good too, like low runes, medium runes, and high runes, and each tier has a set equal chance of dropping (high runes being that of a set, medium being that of a legendary, low runes 5x higher than legendary).
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:16 PMPosted by LaZ
If they do this, I want it done right
Reply Quote
They can have more skill diversity if all skill runes are given a colour, and are granted a base 'level 5'. And items can have + 1 to all runeskills, certain colours, barbarian skills, or even a certain skill, that's 4 different affixes on items that are possible. By doing this, I imagine people would try to also group colours (if they choose), also, the runeskills on items WOULD, in fact, greatly change the skills.

I imagine a wizard with mirror image. One wizard could potentially have, lets say, 20 images with him at a time, albeit doing no damage, but would be interesting to see in pvp, not to mention fun to use.

Another wizard using mirror image could actually have the images doing more damage than you, again in a pvp case, the other players would have to focus on killing your images.... just an example, but something to consider.
Reply Quote
I have been waiting for this game to come out since 3 years after Diablo 2 was released. Let's be realistic here, Blizzard had all this time to come up with the "master Diablo 3 sequel" and they didn't deliver to the community what nearly 90% of the old school players were hoping for after a decade plus. We wanted our runewords and our sockets to have some sort of diversity among other players. I feel that they were on a 3 year deadline and they skipped what made Diablo 2 so much more diverse and unique to Diablo 1. It is almost like they put most of the CONS of both games and made Diablo 3 claiming it was all PROS. On top of that no Arreat's Face or Halaberd's Reign for a barb? That made the barbarian a barbarian, including one handing 2 handed weapons. Monks have more brass than them!
Reply Quote
Build diversity is there, if you are comparing it to D2's. Considering D2's difficulty could easily be equated to mp0-2, you can make pretty much anything work in those mp levels, even if not all builds are efficient. Of course some skills could use some love, but it's normal to expect a few builds outstanding at certain things, and it's something that happens in many rpgs. What really sucks is the lack of options in gear. It's trifecta+allres or gtfo. Item customization is awfully lacking also, specially after seeing what's been done with Path of Exile. In a nutshell: itemization sucks.
Reply Quote
Sure, they'll bring back Runewords. But somehow, I think we may find ourselves having to shell out $40 for the expansion for that privilege. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
First off all they would have to change their name. Next they would also have to increase the stash by about a couple of pages in order to accommodate them. That is something that will need an expansion, and not a patch.
Reply Quote
Not just runes and runewords, They need to bring back the Charms as well, Small charm, Large Charm, and Grand Charm, I would be more than willing to sacrifice inventory space for charms as im sure the majority of most players will, especially being the fact that d3 doesn't have shared loot drops like d2. People would be more open to sacrificing inventory space for charms.
Reply Quote
gotta save something for the expansion ye know.
Edited by Razor#1728 on 4/30/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

- i think the rare rolls are ok. if almost every item you find is usable than finding something good would be less rewarding in my opinion.

- i think the uber system is fine. weaker people have a chance to get the item, and an incentive to try and do higher mp.

- the pvp coming out is just a simple way people can kill each other. the more complex pvp will be with the arena. mostlikely having rewards, betting, and rankings.

- more endgame would be nice. like an endless dungeon or a hord mode, but i still enjoy leveling and farming wherever i feel.

Your argument for crafting legendaries would only work if the pieces that were needed to craft these were random drops found in game that ignored magic find, like the rune system in Diablo. It would work the same way though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]