Diablo® III

Solo'ed mp10 Ubers.

I know I'm not the first, but I'm kind of proud so I'm tooting my own horn a little :)

SK/Mag was the only real challenge honestly, but now that I have it down I'm confident I could one shot it.

I did not kill all 3 without having to kill an extra elite pack, but that was only due to wiping on SK/Mag 3 times.

This was done with the current gear/skills shown on my profile.

Also, I will probably NOT be doing this again, took FOREVER! I think if I one shot all 3 it would probably take 45 - 60 mins to do it again at the very least, depending on how long it takes to get to 5 stacks.

My stats and skills when completed were as follows:

My stats in CM/SNS gear is as follows:

Sheet DPS: 80357
CC: 55
APS: 2.75
AR: 759 (Physical is 1012, I think this is how I survived SK using SA instead of FA)
Armor: 3850
LOH: 911
Life: 38451
My latency is usually right around 100ms give or take 25.

My skills/runes were: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VgXhYT!Wgb!YZaccc
Edited by Prevail#1550 on 1/25/2013 6:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
That's actually very very impressive at your gear level.

Someone like Aimless would have told you, son, you neva gonna make it, you need over9000 mitigations 2 win

<3 aimless just messin
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/24/2013 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you thank you! Yea I honestly didn't think I was ready, and I was very very hesitant to waste machines trying. Once I got the first two down and used my third machine, there was no WAY I was going to let it go to waste, lol.

And if anyone was curious, my ring still sucked...

Back to mp2 archon farming!!!!

If anyone else at my gear level was thinking about trying it, all I can really say is go for it. I didn't honestly think I could get away with running storm armor, I thought I'd HAVE to go with FA, but I didn't. And I'm glad I didn't because if I had any lower damage output I might have fallen asleep.

As far as advise, I could offer if anyone did want to try. With time warp Mag's bees were pretty much not a threat. With DS/Crystal shell you really don't have a lot to worry about, I could take hits from arcane beams as long as no other damage was incoming. SK's walk wasn't much of a threat either. I would slightly re-position so as not to take all the hits but I may have actually been able to tank the whole thing, probably because of high physical resist.

I opted for crystal shell for extra safety, I might have been able to get away with shards but I was afraid to try so I went with time warp to make up for the loss of damage and to slow down bees.
Edited by Prevail#1550 on 1/24/2013 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Congrats! Shockanado FTW! I have no doubt in my mind that you could do it. Still that's an impressive achievement.

I haven't done MP10 ubers solo myself. But having done MP10 team ubers quite a bit now, I do have the sense that I could do it (albeit slowly with my DPS). And you and I run the exact same build for MP10 ubers: SNS with Crystal Shell+Slow Time (Time Warp). Like you, I also stack a lot of Physical Resists (970 Physical Resist and 750 All Resist with 4900 Armor). The only tricky fight is Madgha/Leoric. And I'm not surprised you died a few times to Madgha/Leoric, but once you get into a rhythm and avoid the high splash damage in that fight, I bet 350kEHP is just enough.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/24/2013 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah Tekk, 100% certain you could do MP10 ubers solo. No question about it, period. And since you run bonafide non-gimped SNS at 100K dps, they wouldn't take out-of-the-question amounts of time to kill. You'd bring them down well before your stacks expired, not needing to restack at all.

Pop in a couple vit gems and you'd even be able to tank SK walks to some extent
Reply Quote
@Alesso: Thanks for the encouragement! Hmmm... maybe I should just try it for yucks. I just hate the idea of wasting perfectly good machines, when I could share them with my friends. Hmmm, come to think of it, I think I'll try it on the PTR this weekend before I re-copy my characters. :p

And adding vitality gems to my Blackthorne's a good suggestion for me to try. Ironically, I actually have a non-CC Mempo of Twlight (with 750Armor) just for the purpose of raising my life to 40k to tank Leoric (increases my EHP to 460k). And the Mempo's not too bad on my damage or cc, since I'd still have about 100kdps and 50cc.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/24/2013 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Very impressive! Congrats!

I haven't even considered it but this makes me wonder if it's possible. I have lower resist/armor then but slightly higher ehp/dps so maybe I'll try, highest I've done is mp7 so far.
Reply Quote
I have soloed all 3 of them as well. Congrats, my gears are average, so it does feel good to kill them by myself.
Reply Quote
View profile
Congrats on soloing them! I wiped on Magdha a couple times my first time through. Now that you know you can do it, running ubers in a group should seem a lot easier. It is a waste of perfectly good machines but I recommend everyone try it. You may be surprised!

Btw, my skills probably look messed up since I was farming with my archon gear and put my cm gear back on to compare a ring I saw in the AH. I was too lazy to put my archon gear back on.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 1/24/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
congrats on soloing op
i have never dared to solo mp10 ubers, probably cause i would pull a warath if i got dced
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 1/24/2013 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Really impressive. Congrats! (:
Nice skill choice, and a lot patience too, I'm sure.

edit: Bone Chill + Cold Blooded + Time Warp, cool, I've never tried it! (:
Edited by baronsengir#1779 on 1/24/2013 9:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
congrats bro good feeling first time. I remember me and s8 spent a week in ptr trying b4 win solo. had to use force armor even. full sns is even better feeling.

oh and alessco only ppl i'd discourage is <2.73's.... skill and 2.73 you can do it with low mitigation...just dont get hit, ever.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/24/2013 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
oh and alessco only ppl i'd discourage is <2.73's.... skill and 2.73 you can do it with low mitigation...just dont get hit, ever.

He's no where near 2.73 though and his CC is terrible for CM/WW (good for archon though, very good), I woulda said the same thing no way no how so that is impressive.

Would like to know what skills/runes he used though for the fights. Did take forever though and he did die multiple times so keep that in consideration.

Still grats though, fact is you did it OP all that matters!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/24/2013 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
@MasterJay: Actually, he used different equipment than he has now (as he changed back to Archon presumably). I snapshoted his setup on DiabloProgress: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/prevail-1550/Ender/1494264 . His setup was basic SNS with 52%cc and 2.75aps, except he replaced Shards with Shell and Teleport with Slow Time (Time Warp).
Reply Quote
To Prevail: A big congratulations!

I tried to solo mp10 ubers myself but failed miserably.

As a matter of fact, I played in a group of 4 using prismatic armor (with warcry) and still died. So, I am very curious how you can survive alone using shocking aspect, especially against Skeleton King's Walk.

Would you mind sharing your stats? E.g. Stats on CC, AS, AR, Armor, Life, LOH, latency will be helpful. Mine is CC = 47%, AS = 2.75, AR = 634 - 726 (Shocking ASpect), Armor = 4740, LOH = 1510, Life = 44k, Latency = 220 - 270.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
To Prevail: A big congratulations!

I tried to solo mp10 ubers myself but failed miserably.

As a matter of fact, I played in a group of 4 using prismatic armor (with warcry) and still died. So, I am very curious how you can survive alone using shocking aspect, especially against Skeleton King's Walk.

Would you mind sharing your stats? E.g. Stats on CC, AS, AR, Armor, Life, LOH, latency will be helpful. Mine is CC = 47%, AS = 2.75, AR = 634 - 726 (Shocking ASpect), Armor = 4740, LOH = 1510, Life = 44k, Latency = 220 - 270.

Thanks.

My stats in CM/SNS gear is as follows:

CC: 55
AS: 2.75
AR: 759 (Physical is 1012, I think this is how I survived SK using SA instead of FA)
Armor: 3850
LOH: 911
Life: 38451
My latency is usually right around 100ms give or take 25.

My skills/runes were: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VgXhYT!Wgb!YZaccc

For SK's walk, I just didn't really tank the whole thing. I think I probably could have but I would just take a few stutter steps and re-position so as not to take all the hits. Again, I didn't test to see if I could tank the whole thing, but my HP hardly ever moved and as long as there was no other incoming damage I'm fairly sure I could have taken it.

I played with no damage numbers being displayed, so whenever I saw "IMMUNE" pop up on SK I knew it was time to move a bit, that made it really easy.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the information.

Tried solo mp10 uber again and failed miserably. Magda's butterflies are too deadly.
Reply Quote
Yea those butterfliesare a pain in the !@#. Time warp trivializes them and also adds 20% more damage, its the reason I use time warp.
Reply Quote
your nick suits you, grats op
Reply Quote
inspired me to do so too =)

now I can say, been there do that too.

The actual fight part took around 15-16m
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]