Dmg with SOJ
177,200.8 (Radiant Star Emerald In MH)
179,632.32 (Marquise Emerald in MH)
182,593.6 (Marquise Ruby in MH)

Dmg With Hellfire
203,995.45 (Radiant Star Emerald In MH)
206,712.78 (Marquise Emerald in MH)
210,640.76 (Marquise Ruby in MH)

I want to test this out on the PTR but the AH is down so i cant get the mats i need to craft.

If it wasnt for the Repair/Unsocket costs then i would consider getting a marquise ruby for my MH, seems like it could be good for WW barb cause the dmg comes mainly from the MH
Reply Quote
View profile
to solve some confusion here are what you need to know to test

1 weapon style
Black weapon with +50% damage
Switch off Emerald for Ruby
Ruby bonus (+150min/+300max) x (1.50), dps increased by about 15%
*must have weapon +41-50% weapon damage to get 10-15% increase in dps. If your weapon doesn't have +x% damage its junk with Ruby. If your weapon have less than +30% you lose dps. If you use a color weapon you only get +150min/+150max with Ruby, aka you lose dps.

2 weapon duel-wield
Weapon kind does not matter
Weapon must have same attack speed
Weapon must have similar damage
Ruby bonus increase your dps by about 1%
*If you weapon have different attack speed you lose dps

hope this helps.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 07:07 AMPosted by Wayneold
Get a couple of stat stick daggers and throw those rubies in there....I wonder if it will be viable.

Main hand....offhand DPS doesnt matter much for WW Spec it would actually decrease your dps taking off 100 crit stat stick on offhand.
Reply Quote
check out DH forum, 1x ruby increase their 1h bow from 1300dps to 1900dps bow. because that bow have 1.6 speed with 50% weapon damage.

150-300 is bug for black weapon calculation. and +dmg from gem is same as black weapon damage so it will use same formula.

there are blue post say they wont nerf black weapon calculation bug, if they fix that bug then it should only fixed for new item so it wont affect old item.
Reply Quote
to solve some confusion here are what you need to know to test

1 weapon style
Black weapon with +50% damage
Ruby bonus (+150min/+300max) x (1.50), dps increased by about 15%
*must have weapon +41-50% weapon damage to get 10-15% increase in dps. If your weapon doesn't have +x% damage its junk with Ruby. If your weapon have less than +30% you lose dps. If you use a color weapon you only get +150min/+150max with Ruby, aka you lose dps.

2 weapon duel-wield
Weapon kind does not matter
Weapon must have same attack speed
Weapon must have similar damage
Ruby bonus increase your dps by about 1%
*If you weapon have different attack speed you lose dps

hope this helps.

Atlast... thanks man
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]