Diablo® III

Sledge Fist + New Rubies

- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Just going to throw this out there, the math for ruby vs emerald has already been done 100% and, as long as your wep suffers from the min + bonus_min > max bug, ruby adds more total dps at almost every level of CHC and CHD when using 1 weapon and competes very well when using 2 weapons.

I will be putting a Ruby in my Skorn and my dps will be going up.

Cheers! :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
Piffle, I've been doing some more playing aronud with d3up.

I Imagined that jco had a socket in that leet axe of his instead of 100% CD. A ruby would actually be better for him than an emerald.

I was shocked when I checked this... I want someone else to check this as well.

I severely underestimated the value of rubies at first. I completely discounted the effect of that +%damage. Rubies are much better than I thought. More and more, I'm finding uses for them. To be honest, I'm starting to think they're going to represent a substantial level power creep in the game.

(EDIT: It's not even close. He gets like 15K DPS)

Shame his weapon doesn't actually have a socket then! lol

@Druin can you point to that post por favor?
Reply Quote
@Piffle & others

Here's probably the best thread for insane increase in damage --->

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709111939

Here's probably best thread for elemental vs. black damage --->

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708262847#1

And here's a thread which seems to hint Sledge Fist might be getting a huge buff when comparing Emerald to Ruby --->

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709112589

NOW, if anyone has actually tested Sledge Fist + marq ruby... myself and sounds like others would be very interested in your results for farming high MP (and possibly lower MP)!
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 1/25/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/25/2013 09:12 AMPosted by blhotz
From the DH and PTR threads it still looks like no one has confirmed exactly how rubies work with respect to Damage %, attack speed (gears OR weapon aps), elemental damage, dual wielding, etc.

Thats actually not true.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709122579#1
Reply Quote
From the DH and PTR threads it still looks like no one has confirmed exactly how rubies work with respect to Damage %, attack speed (gears OR weapon aps), elemental damage, dual wielding, etc.

Thats actually not true.

Go look at when I created the thread :P. Took awhile for a general consensus which didn't happen until hours after I created the thread.

ANYWAYS. Now it seems damage calculators are working fine with Marq Gems. I still haven't landed one to test on PTR. But I inserted it into sssdrawr with my Sledge Fist and came up with --->

A 110% crit damage Emerald into Sledge Fist ---> ~14,500 DPS

A Marq Ruby into Sledge Fist ---> ~23,500 DPS

My crit chance is right at 40% (attack speed is 3.28/2.84 which could be higher with an EF) - those stats are probably typical of most Sledge Fist users.

So yes, it seems my speculation that Rubies will be beneficial to Sledge Fists is correct. I was hoping for a little more of an increase but I'll take it especially considering Sledge Fists only get a 10-15% damage mod where as lvl 60 weapons can have 50%. Not sure if it's enough for higher MP farming but I'm looking forward to trying. Still interested in "practical testing" if anyone has tried on PTR!
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 1/29/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
So it's final. With the news of no max "double bonus" for black weapons, it looks like Emeralds will ALWAYS be better in Sledge Fist. And therefore Sledge Fist will probably never be a plausible "standard farming" tool.

I tested a Radiant Star Ruby in these two weapons -->

44.5% crit chance for both weapon tests

1078 dps 1.63 attack-speed dagger
100% emerald ---> +15,000 dps
120/120 ruby ---> +17,000 dps

159.5 dps 1.54 attack-speed Sledge Fist
100% emerald ----> +15,000 dps
120/120 ruby ----> +12,000 dps

For the record, with a good amount of attack speed rubies definitely seem better than emeralds in most cases.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 1/30/2013 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]