Diablo® III

I Want to Play.

I really feel this game has potential. I want to enjoy it, I want to play it. Every time I log in and I play for 5-10 minutes then I'm done. I ID a few worthless items realize the RNG is so random that I'd have to dedicate more time to Diablo 3 than my son before I have a char who can do the things I like.

Then I start thinking well I can use the RMAH. Then I realize I have no desire to do my real life job for my in game rewards. When my wizard is awesome I want it to be because I got an awesome drop or I performed an awesome feat. I don't want to have it just because I happen to be part of the working class of america.

Then I start to try an convince myself, you'll find something worth billions. Then you can relish in all the awesome gear you can afford. Then I remember all the entirely useless items I've ID'd. I'm not talking about an item that was 1 property away from a decent item. I mean junk utter garbage 95% of the gear is useless to even a beginner. Someone fresh to inferno would laugh at 95% of the items I ID.

At this point I log and check the forums. Looking for some hint that my hope for Diablo 3 has not been killed. Lately I've had some hope. Jay Wilson leaving in my mind is a good thing. Don't get me wrong he is very good at his job. It's only this is not his genre. I don't think he even liked D2 to hear him talk about it. There are more hopefuls but that's the biggest to me.

Right now my hopes are resting with the expansion. The kind of changes I feel would be necessary for this game to turn around are not coming in a patch. Not even multiple patches. We need an expansion that changes some of the core mechanics of the loot system. We need an AH that is much more user friendly one that isn't so easily taken advantage of by those in the know. While the ones like me who don't know look at items way out of our price range and cry.

A class or two and a more complex interaction of skills is required in my mind. Fights with more than a fight or flight mechanic would be great. It would also be nice if you could flea easier. Travel between acts without losing NV would help a lot too. It would open the world up and make the gaming experience more immersible. Monster density would change the experience for the better as well.

I guess in closing, I want to play this game. Problem is however every time I log in I only think of what the game could have been, what the game can still be. The things I can't do in the game are fore front in my mind. My biggest issue comes from the fact of feeling like I'm 10's if not 100's of hours away from any meaningful progress. In other ARPG it feels like right around the corner is my jack pot. In this game I feel like I'm playing the state lottery. Maybe if I keep at it before I die I might get lucky.
Reply Quote
Yea you're not alone my friend. A lot of people feel the same way. Diablo 3 is fun for me in small doses. I get bored of it quickly though. I'm really hoping for some major changes to spice things up.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Marvison
Every time I log in and I play for 5-10 minutes then I'm done.

You seriously expect to find great items when playing 5-10 minutes at a clip?
Reply Quote
Just seems to me that people are too used to instant gratification. People are used to getting a medal or trophy for last place, and getting points for effort. Fact is, not everyone can be a millionaire, not everyone can have the rarest gear. If you want the rareest gear you're gonna have to work and grind for it, if not there's always the RMAH, or Angry Birds.
Reply Quote
Game has little depth. Brawlers are fun for a bit, but not long term. I can't get my friends to even log into it anymore.
It kills me to see Diablo of all games be so flat.
gl hf

speaking of friends... i bought a copy for one of my friends as a xmas gift. he never logged in once, only because he had read all the negative reviews. He used to be a big D2 fan.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:11 AMPosted by nbraun80
Just seems to me that people are too used to instant gratification.

It's partly that, yes. I think the main problem is that when that legendary does finally drop it's usually junk. So you're left with the feeling of.... why?
Reply Quote
I'm totally with you OP. I still login to battle.net every couple of days, but it feels more like routine as opposed to me actually wanting to play.

These days all I do is check how ridciulous gem prices are, search up a few items on the AH, see that they're still ridiculously more expensive than I can afford, and quit. The idea of doing another Alkaizer run is sort of...well, dreadful. my inner self groans whenever I hover my mouse over the "resume game" button and I end up just quitting and doing something else.

There's not much fun in playing knowing that there's only a 0.001% chance that something good will drop, an even smaller chance that it will sell for any decent amount, and an even smaller chance that it'll be an upgrade for my monk.

I could play the AH, but seriously...where's the fun in that? I could RMAH some items...but I can't bring myself to do that either.

Quite frankly, I'm not holding my breath for the expansion either. This game focuses too much on creating a stable economy as opposed to a truly fun and addictive game. Unless they change that attitude, I don't feel the game will improve by that much post-D3X.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:16 AMPosted by IronKenichi
Just seems to me that people are too used to instant gratification.

It's partly that, yes. I think the main problem is that when that legendary does finally drop it's usually junk. So you're left with the feeling of.... why?

That I can agree is a fair complaint, and they have put some effort into making the lengendaries better, but they can still use more work. But to say "I play 10-15 mins. at a time, where's my elite gear." is a bit ridiculous.
Reply Quote

speaking of friends... i bought a copy for one of my friends as a xmas gift. he never logged in once, only because he had read all the negative reviews. He used to be a big D2 fan.

Thanks kind of sad that he can't play and come to his own conclusion.

it does kinda suck, we used to play D2 alot (we've been friends for over 10 years), thought we'd have some fun together, not to mention all my real life friends on my d3 friend list have quit.
Reply Quote
I pretty much feel the same OP. It's sad but the last few wks it's been the same.

MP2-6 - 425-450 MF % nothing good drops

keys?, ubers? exp?

20-30 mins, cannot take it anymore, log out
Edited by ZaPLaS#1243 on 1/25/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:11 AMPosted by nbraun80
Just seems to me that people are too used to instant gratification. People are used to getting a medal or trophy for last place, and getting points for effort. Fact is, not everyone can be a millionaire, not everyone can have the rarest gear. If you want the rareest gear you're gonna have to work and grind for it, if not there's always the RMAH, or Angry Birds.

This is a game. You are SUPPOSED to enjoy it. Not bust your azz like it's your 9-5
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:23 AMPosted by nbraun80

That I can agree is a fair complaint, and they have put some effort into making the lengendaries better, but they can still use more work. But to say "I play 10-15 mins. at a time, where's my elite gear." is a bit ridiculous.

All the decent gear I found was usually within 5-10 min of playtime ironically. Beyond that, everything else was useless
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:46 AMPosted by KainDraven
This is a game. You are SUPPOSED to enjoy it. Not bust your azz like it's your 9-5

You would be surprised at how many people disagree with you about this.
Reply Quote
I've put in hundred of hours and found some gear worth a few 100 million.

Why does the community here take a small novel and focus on one part they can bash. I should of added a section for how bad the community is that Blizzard created.
Reply Quote
i wish they come out witht some TD PVP b4 the game came out i was more excited for this feature then anything else. BRoken PRomises :(
Reply Quote
play longer and more efficiently. just the other day made a 45m sale. that was my biggest sale to date, but less than a month after my previous top sale of 19m. you say you wanna play, don't wanna use ah or rm 'cause it'll bore you yet you only play 5-10 minutes? what do you want, EVERY white monster to drop perfect rolled BiS gear? lol come on man, put in the time if you want to play. not quite sure why you'd wanna play the expansion as i'm sure costs will go up, making it more likely you'll cave and use one of the ah's.. but that aside, IF you had end game gear, what's your motivation? to find more drops? to sell in the ah? pvp whenever it arrives? i'm just confused on what your issue is. bad rolls? no legs falling? play more efficiently. just recently started fine tuning my mf and my path and have been finding legendaries and sets regularly. so. it's out there, but speed paragon leveling isn't gonna help much, i'll say that. neither does 5-10 minutes of playing lol
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 11:21 AMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
play longer and more efficiently. just the other day made a 45m sale. that was my biggest sale to date, but less than a month after my previous top sale of 19m. you say you wanna play, don't wanna use ah or rm 'cause it'll bore you yet you only play 5-10 minutes? what do you want, EVERY white monster to drop perfect rolled BiS gear? lol come on man, put in the time if you want to play. not quite sure why you'd wanna play the expansion as i'm sure costs will go up, making it more likely you'll cave and use one of the ah's.. but that aside, IF you had end game gear, what's your motivation? to find more drops? to sell in the ah? pvp whenever it arrives? i'm just confused on what your issue is. bad rolls? no legs falling? play more efficiently. just recently started fine tuning my mf and my path and have been finding legendaries and sets regularly. so. it's out there, but speed paragon leveling isn't gonna help much, i'll say that. neither does 5-10 minutes of playing lol

so how about me, 1000 hrs, over 400MF %, I havent found a decent drop, one sold for 29mil. Should I spent another 1000-1500 hrs to find another half decent drop?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]