Diablo® III

Fail-est moments of D3

I doubt I'm saying much new, though I will add things as I notice em. Check back often.
These are in ABSOLUTELY NO order, and get added as I think them up.

Post some of yours, and if I agree I'll add em to OP!

I would absolutely recommend a Blue response to some of the issues I am raising. As per my credibility, I have been a loyal fan for years.

1) Leah: No mention of her in previous titles, according to D3 lore has been there the whole time AND played an intricate role with the iconic character of the series (Deckard Cain)

2) Deckard Cain dies. Kill the face of the franchise? Bad idea.

3) "Breached Keep"- Messenger Martyn runs up, says his King doesn't believe in monsters, then runs into a pack of monsters as if they aren't there. He leaves through the keep, which it turns out is bursting with monsters. YOU LAZY S-O-Bs! Give him a death animation or leave his corpse at the entrance of Keep 1. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!?!?!

4) Monk Inna's set 3-item bonus is .33 spirit regen. ONE THIRD OF ONE spirit. Thanks for nothing.

5) Holy Sanctum (Gardens of Hope tier 2): IS there some big secret NO ONE has let slip, or is it what it is? If so, good idea, poor execution.

6) Echoing fury always shows in my right hand in-game, regardless if it's main-hand or off-hand. LAZY!

7) How terrible the launch was, and the lack of features available at launch (PVP...)

8) Identifying/Salvaging- can you make this take any longer? Oh right. Originally it was 4 seconds to ID. EVERYTHING! If only you hadn't killed Cain, he could have done it for us... (See #2)

9) Collision detection: Once again, L-A-Z-Y you ain't got no alibi, you're lazy!. Trying to move around enemies is a joke, try escaping from fire chains mobs it is a big hinderance. But the most definitive proof is when enemies drop from the ceiling as in Sewers of Caldeum or Keep, or they swoop down from the sky. You run against an invisible wall even before the enemies have started to appear on the screen. Which reminds me of my next fail.

10) Unique/Elite monsters are given away by a glow even when supposed to be hidden. For example the Firewings or their kin in Act 3, or Sand Behemoths in Act 2.

11) "Buried" enemies are visible through the floor some times, for example if an Ancient Dweller is hidden on a bridge, he will actually appear down near the bottom of what you're walking on. LAZY.

12) Some cats in the Act 3 caves will not spring, though they are visible on the screen.

13) Some achievements cannot be completed (Shen has no "Victory" dialogue), and others are listed in the wrong acts (Magdha's Orders drops in Act 1 but is needed in Act 2 achievements)

14) DASHING STRIKE- If you don't know what I mean, you never use it.

15) Throughout the story the player's inelligence is insulted constantly- Azmodan gives away his plans, Diablo talks smack after every defeat, bla bla bla. If anyone has a good breakdown of every s#!77y part of the story elements, let me know.
Edited by Ugly#1553 on 2/2/2013 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
1. Why would Leah have a "title"?
2. Everyone dies.
3. The King of Westmarch lives in an ivory tower, and is detached from reality - like many rulers.
4. So, you don't like an item set. Oh.
5. Why would there be a secret? It's just an optional area to fight additional enemies.
6. Is that a big deal?
7. Lots of games have launch-related problems.
8. Any faster, and it wouldn't be realistic. Just be glad that you don't have to pay for it like you did in D1 (or even in D2 if you didn't rescue him).
9. They're challenging.
10. This was true even in D1.
11. Never noticed that.
12. I noticed that too. They're smarter than their (dead) buddies.
Reply Quote
how about demonic tremors being locked in the keeps without any sign of entry? They try to chase you into the next room and have to break down the door, and yet when you first walk in all the doors are intact.
Reply Quote
^^^
Reply Quote
View profile
1. D3 = Death of the Diablo franchise
Edited by PowerCosmic#1489 on 1/25/2013 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 05:00 PMPosted by PowerCosmic

You have 5 level 60 characters, with most of those being well into the paragon levels. It looks like you don't hate the game that much. ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
01/25/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Starblazer

You have 5 level 60 characters, with most of those being well into the paragon levels. It looks like you don't hate the game that much. ;)

who said anything about hating the game?

D3 is a good game in it's own right as an ARPG, but no where in the same league as the original Blizzard North titles.
Reply Quote
The fact it's story even made it off the development table.
Reply Quote
Well, for one, Azmodan is supposed to be the "greatest battlefield commander in all the Burning Hells". Yet, when he breaches the keep, he sends in Ghom, the Lord of Gluttony. And what dose Ghom do? He makes a beeline for the Larder and starts to NOM NOM the food there. Wouldn't the Lord of Wrath been much more effective?

And wasn't Izual killed in D2?
Edited by Nesala#1614 on 1/27/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, for one, Azmodan is supposed to be the "greatest battlefield commander in all the Burning Hells". Yet, when he breaches the keep, he sends in Ghom, the Lord of Gluttony. And what dose Ghom do? He makes a beeline for the Larder and starts to NOM NOM the food there. Wouldn't the Lord of Wrath been much more effective?

And wasn't Izual killed in D2?

The Siege of Bastion Keep.

The purpose of a siege is to essentially outlast your enemy because it would be too costly to storm the castle. I don't see any difficulty considering NPC soldiers die in one hit and there was maybe a total of 20, but assuming that it was just a representation of a much larger battle raging, then attacking enemy supplies is a perfect strategy.

In fact, the majority of battles/wars are won due to logistical problems. How are soldiers going to fight when they don't even have food to eat?

Also, no one stays dead. Diablo died 3 times and we'll probably see him again in the expansion packs.
Reply Quote
"Hi, my name is, uh, Prince Little Kid, AND I AM DEFINITELY NOT BELIAL! Why, why is everyone looking at me like that?"
Reply Quote

1. Why would Leah have a "title"?
Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were the previous titles I was mentioning, not a title of Leah herself?
2. Everyone dies.
Cain will be brought back as an angel or through some device I'm willing to bet. Cheesy.

3. The King of Westmarch lives in an ivory tower, and is detached from reality - like many rulers.
The point I am trying to make is that the servant runs THROUGH a group of monsters and in the Keep. Watch.
5. Why would there be a secret? It's just an optional area to fight additional enemies.
Why go to all the trouble of making a room like that, then let it fall flat on it's face?
6. Is that a big deal?
7. Lots of games have launch-related problems.
8. Any faster, and it wouldn't be realistic.
Yeah it's 2012. I'm willing to sacrifice some "realism" for efficiency.
9. They're challenging.
No the collision detection stinks. Plain and simple.
10. This was true even in D1.
11. Never noticed that.
12. I noticed that too. They're smarter than their (dead) buddies.
;)
Reply Quote
I do NOT usually respond to posts like these...
I thought i would try and clear out some air, even though he seems pretty upset by these.

01/22/2013 05:53 PMPosted by KingofBlades
1) Leah: No mention of her in previous titles, according to D3 lore has been there the whole time AND played an intricate role with the iconic character of the series (Deckard Cain)

Have you read the Lore? Its specifically said where she was and why. Read the book "The Order"
Oh.. and its called "new ideas" for a reason. They wont reveal everything to you, its suppose to be a surprise.

2) Deckard Cain dies. Kill the face of the franchise? Bad idea.

How is killing Cain a bad idea? I think it is rather fitting. He completed his goals in life. Raised Leah, learnt the ways of the Horadrim, taught the ways of the Horadrim, helped many heroes into defeating MANY Evils, met an ArchAngel. Would you have prefered that he died peacefully in his sleep on a beach ?
He died by the hands of the co-founder of the Coven. (Adria is the other half)
Its only befitting that at his age, he finally can rest in peace.

RIP Deckard.
/tear

3) "Breached Keep"- Messenger Martyn runs up, says his King doesn't believe in monsters, then runs into a pack of monsters as if they aren't there. He leaves through the keep, which it turns out is bursting with monsters. YOU LAZY S-O-Bs! Give him a death animation or leave his corpse at the entrance of Keep 1. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!?!?!

I've never had that guy run into a pack of monsters as you say it.
Did you notice Captain Rumford's death? No? Look for him, he is there.
Who actually cares about a messenger anyway ? He might be one of the many bodies down there.

7) How terrible the launch was, and the lack of features available at launch (PVP...

Launch was NOT terrible. I dont understand why people are so upset.
Lack of features? And you name ONE ? Which lets face it, has no place in Diablo. Its a PvE Lore. At no point in time have they ever said that it was PvP. We are at war against the demons of hell... why would we war against each other?
And do you really want PvP if its going to be broken ? You would have complained that it wasnt balanced. Either way, you would have cried.

I'll stop there, i'm getting carried away. Anyways.. if you're not happy with the game, dont play it.
Make a better one yourself.
There used to be a time in gaming where you bought a game and you didnt comlain about it, you played it and that was that.

Blizzard owes you nothing.

Be thankful they actually hear you out when they make games, they could just ignore you totally.
Oh... and you would still buy the game regardless.
Reply Quote

His complaint is not about an item set, but regarding the bonus for having 3 pieces of Inna's set. With that regen, THREE seconds are necessary just to get ONE spirit regen. It's horrible, specially compared to other classes' bonus (2 Arcane power/sec, 2 Discipline/sec, 2 Fury/sec, 20 mana/sec)

6) Echoing fury always shows in my right hand in-game, regardless if it's main-hand or off-hand. LAZY!

Happens the same thing with Monk's Fists. Though you use them as your offhand, they always appear on the right hand. It's a really minor detail, doesn't deserve much consideration or not at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]