Diablo® III

Vit > mitigation

Come prove me wrong and duel me :)
Reply Quote
You are right. Vit > mitigation in PvP. Actually EHP > DPS. Who ever argues about that :)
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:30 PMPosted by novice
You are right. Vit > mitigation in PvP. Actually EHP > DPS. Who ever argues about that :)

Nah DPS > ehp in pvp

Just ask aimless about his 1.2m ehp w/ a shield :)
Reply Quote
Until they come out with some bunk stat like resilience... It's bound to happen.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Kronoz
Until they come out with some bunk stat like resilience... It's bound to happen.

Maybe in the actual pvp, but that's gonna be like 4-5 years away
Reply Quote
Vit and mitigation are useless stats. EHP is important. If they nerf damage, then mitigation will be more useful. Vitality will never be more important than ehp.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:42 PMPosted by JackStraw
Vit and mitigation are useless stats. EHP is important. If they nerf damage, then mitigation will be more useful. Vitality will never be more important than ehp.

Vit + mitigation = Ehp

Your logic : ehp > vit + mitigation
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:48 PMPosted by eric

Vit + mitigation = Ehp

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls . . ... .... ect ect
Reply Quote
I don't see why anyone would argue that this isn't true. In short fights like PvP, Vitality is simply a more cost-effective stat than raising mitigation for EHP. For PVE, it's a different story and depends strongly on your life sustain and other factors like Diamond Skin.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:48 PMPosted by eric

Vit + mitigation = Ehp

No, you would be committing a straw man argument. He said EHP>Vit and EHP>Mitigation. And of course he's right cuz EHP is Vitality AND Mitigation. You don't seperate the two.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:53 PMPosted by TekkZero

Vit + mitigation = Ehp

No, you would be committing a straw man argument. He said EHP>Vit and EHP>Mitigation. And of course he's right cuz EHP is Vitality AND Mitigation. You don't seperate the two.

Well duhhhh, I did say vit > mitigation, never vit > ehp
Reply Quote
Vit and mitigation are both ways of obtaining EHP. The trick is finding what mixture of the two is the most effective means to the highest EHP.
Reply Quote
Take all your ar and armor items off and just load up on dps and vitality items eric. Then and only then can you say vit>mitigation. Until then you are just someone saying vit>mitigation while at the same time making sure you have plenty of it aka foolish.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:56 PMPosted by JackStraw
Vit and mitigation are both ways of obtaining EHP. The trick is finding what mixture of the two is the most effective means to the highest EHP.

Except you get dimishing returns with mitigation and not vit
Reply Quote

Well duhhhh, I did say vit > mitigation, never vit > ehp
Not quite. You're committing yet again another straw man argument by misrepresenting my position. I know what your position is and was pointing out that you were misrepresenting another person's position. ;)
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:28 PMPosted by eric

Any DH with 150k dps, 700k ehp using sentry and boar companion will beat the shiet out of you, no matter how big is your epeen - i mean ehp.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 05:46 PMPosted by skmattos

Any DH with 150k dps, 700k ehp using sentry and boar companion will beat the shiet out of you, no matter how big is your epeen - i mean ehp.

woah woah calm down boi. eric's mechanics in trolling is too good
Reply Quote
From experience pvping in the PTR for 1 week, I also agree to OPs statement that somehow vit>mitigation. I have raised my hp to 78.5k and only 400-500 ish AR and 3.5k+armor without energy armor. I can tell that I can take even more hits and I am surviving a lot longer. People still one shot me with rend, impale(chem burn rune only), and bells, sss of monks and the dreaded HAUNT and Well of souls from WD.

From what I know the more vit you have and assuming you have a decent AR+Armor, the more your mitigation procs(AR+armor+HP) coz you have a higher health pool before you run out.

Thats from what I've experienced.
Reply Quote
...adding to that my previous stat was at 50K hp and 600-700 AR and I die faster compared to the stats I posted above ^^ :)
Reply Quote
My understanding is that ehp is the value of your vit/health pool when mitigation is factored in. So when looked at that way, mitigation>vit because proper mitigation can exponentially increase the real value of vit/health where is health/vit on its own has a simple one sum value.

Edit: The only real purpose for your health pool is to provide a big enough buffer to allow build sustainability, depending on the build that could be 20k or 200k, it just depends on how your geared. But I would also say that a large health pool is harder to recover so hurts you in the long run. Assuming 2 players had the same ehp and life regen, the one with the lower hp pool would be the one who could recoup faster to max ehp and have a larger chance of survival.
Edited by Richtko#1182 on 1/23/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]