I'm new to the Diablo World, but since I heard so much about it, I went out and purchased Diablo 3 about 2 weeks ago.. I have two characters; a Barbarian (Currently playing Hell with monster power at 0 @ lvl 51) and a Demon Hunter (lvl 42).. My game play follows that of the AD&D style, since those are the games I primarily have played (Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Baulders Gate 1 & 2, Eye of the Beholder, Elder Scrolls I thru V and the likes), but I find Diablo 3 to be quite different in that you must go through the same areas repeatedly in order to acquire quality gear, but just different difficulty levels..
Anyway, I have a couple of quick questions:
1. At what point should I start to acquire armor/weapon "SETS"?
2. At what point will I start to acquire weapons with a 500+ score? So far the best I have found is a 2 handed weapon rated at 200 after filling the single available socket..
3. I am trying to build up my Blacksmith, but the pages to fill the book are hard to find.. My Jeweler is stuck, since I need to acquire books in order to progress, but I have only found pages thus far.. How can I find the books needed for the Jeweler and more pages for the Blacksmith?
4. My Barbarian has only acquired 2 Legendary items so far (chest piece and belt), all other pieces are just "Rare", I have NO blue pieces mixed in.. My weapons being used ae "rare" as well.. Are there Legendary Weapons?
5. In my readings here I keep seeing the term "Farming".. What is this and is it useful?
6. I do not plan on using the Auction House..
So with all of the above stated, what advice and suggestions can the Guru Warriors out there provide me with? I'm playing the game in "Single Campaign" style (NO public or multiplayer events), but it just seems I am not finding the BEST gear, even though I am looking into every corner and crevice.. So any and all help is very much appreciated.. Please check out my Barbarian character to see what I am referring to..