Diablo® III

Need Help!

So yesterday a friend of my got banned for cheating/hacking/botting of some short. Problem is he wasn't. I've known this guy for almost a decade and he has always been a honest person if he says he didn't cheat I completely believe him. He submitted a ticket and called blizzard up in person and they're still standing firm that he has been hacking. His obvious very pissed off because he doesn't even know what he got banned for exactly.

So my question is what further steps can he take to help himself get unbanned and has this happened to anyone else?
Reply Quote
You're up !@#$ creek to be honest, happened to me on an old vanilla-WoW account with all the phone calls, tickets and emails in the end I was forced to buy a new copy and all the expansions if i wanted to continue playing. After that I played for a few more weeks and never went back, not just the same after investing all the time into legendaries and multiple toons which would have been considered a premium account in its day. Nothing you can do except bite the bullet, remember they're in a recession and probably need the few extra bob.
Reply Quote
Yep, I agree.

Same sh1t happened to us.

They deleted every single thread I made, gave me the exact same reply... pretty hilarious
Reply Quote
Did you friend have an authenticator? If not, getting hacked was only a matter of time.
Reply Quote
yea he did. he still has nfi why he got banned.... im quitting as well because of this
Reply Quote
A real bummer.

That would mean your friend got hacked in some other way, probably a man-in-the-middle attack where the hacker somehow intercepts the authenticator code.

If it's not hacking at all, there is talk about item duping / buying duped items / strange AH activity / 3rd party scripting getting players banned. Not really sure about what's going with these things.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/24/2013 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
A real bummer.

That would mean your friend got hacked in some other way, probably a man-in-the-middle attack where the hacker somehow intercepts the authenticator code.

If it's not hacking at all, there is talk about item duping / buying duped items / strange AH activity / 3rd party scripting getting players banned. Not really sure about what's going with these things.

yea blizz clearly doesn't believe my friend so there's really nothing he can do. and since this happened i'm paranoid its going to happen to me so im selling all my gear while i still can
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]