Diablo® III

I just DC'd

My profile says I'm dead.

Can't log back in at the moment.

To the people who gave me some of the kickass gear I just lost - I'm sorry :(

Maybe I'm just not destined to get past P24 - RIP, reroll.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anomie-1322/hero/29033130

Crap - apparently it took Bryan (who I was running with) out too. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/23/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Rest in peace, yo.

One day... one day we will destroy the one ping to rule them all.
Reply Quote
I like that - one ping to rule them all.

If anyone has any ideas about how to yell "DC" in a roughly equivalent manner to "KHAAAAAAAN!", I'd be interested, as I'm coming up empty at the moment. (As soon as I started walking around unable to cast anything, fighting that arcane pack, right before the DC, I knew I was more than likely done. And I've always been ok with that possibility, even though whenever I die I think it sucks, I get over it fairly quick. The thing that's the real bummer for me at the moment is Bryan going out, too, and the thought of all the other characters that got hit by it, as well.)
Reply Quote
rip man, sorry to hear it.
Reply Quote
rip man, sucky way to go.
Reply Quote
quick question what u mean by DC?
good job on taking the death so well... i personally still pissed it feels like d3 does not care about the HC realm at all... you have all the same timers and stupid pop out boxes for server lost while u are really not ...
Reply Quote
IMO on massive server side D/C's blizzard should do a rollback to all of HC like 5 minutes before the D/C occurred, but then I guess people would say "we'll then that isn't hardcore". Well dieing on every single HC character I've made due to a D/C on blizzard's end isn't HC either! And to all whom say well it probably was just you .... No my buddy I run with experiences the D/C at the exact same time I do, but meh I guess it's just a big coincidence right? Honestly I could accept a death due to my own stupidity but ... Geeeez man.
Reply Quote
View profile
A ggDH in my game just dc on top of arcane and died, and then I switched to my dh to round out the dps and finish the run, but I also dc'd about 15 minutes later and then once again in town. WTF is going on today
Edited by Bnetplayer#11398 on 1/23/2013 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 05:42 PMPosted by DarkEggKillR
quick question what u mean by DC?

Disconnect.

Basically, Bryan and I were in keeps 1, we were fighting a pack that had arcane (I don't remember the exact affixes off the top of my head). I was on one side of the pack, Bryan was in the thick of it, and they dropped some arcane too close to me, they hadn't popped the arms of the beam yet but there were 3 or so of them, so I started moving toward the pack and Bryan w/ the intent of teleporting to the other side to get away from the beams dropped so i could continue DPSing.

When I hit teleport ... my character did not teleport, and I was running around unable to use any skills - which is the basic indication you're lagging *huge* and not talking to the server. The game stayed like this for a few seconds, I was spamming DS in the hope that the spike would end, catch up, pop the ds and that *might* save me - Then the game kicked me out to the login screen with an error. At which point I tried to log back in, and couldn't. Then I checked my profile and saw the (dead).

I suppose it's technically possible that I died while still lagging and that caused the error that booted me out.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/23/2013 6:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
interesting and very !@#$ty man. RIP
When it happens to me, i get the message in game that i got disconnected and press "ok" but i can still see my chr behind the box and can use my skills that (on the keyboard 1-4) but can not use my mouse or primary/secondary skills.
I tped before when that happens and i am not in the middle of the fight, and then i press ok and i survive .

HC is already such a serious mode now i gotta think about if that happens ... they should lower the timer period just for HC realm. and get rid of all the stupid pop out boxes.

Good luck guys.
Reply Quote
Oh, man. That's a bummer. RIP.
Reply Quote
RIP Anomie...that really sucks man

If there's anything I can do to help you let me know sir!
Reply Quote
RIP Anomie. I raise my glass in your honor tonight and not because my baby won't go to sleep :)
Reply Quote
What class are you re rolling?

Ill see if i have anything that can help but wont be on till tomorrow or friday

If it's barb class that could be an issue tho as i need to help bryan
Reply Quote
View profile
./salute

I shall avenge your death.... but maybe not tonight... tonight has ominous winds says I
Reply Quote
RIP. Always tough to see a wizard bite the dust, but it looks like you got a good run out of her!

Good luck on your re-roll.
Reply Quote
Rip guys, dying to a game bug is the worst thing it could happen. Let me know if you need good lvl reduce weapons and stuff.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just DC'd - full game kick, on the new character. I had just hit lvl 16, trex, chron and i were all kicked at the same time. When we finally got back into game, I was back to lvl 15, and my old skills were back on my character, so apparently blizz decided to rollback everybody...too bad they did it THAT time instead of the other one... :(
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 07:14 PMPosted by frosted
Rip guys, dying to a game bug is the worst thing it could happen. Let me know if you need good lvl reduce weapons and stuff.

I'm not mad, it's my first DC ever. I feel like I'm really REALLY hardcore now!
Reply Quote
First DC ever? Haha half my graveyard is from application crashes and DCs

Did trex die too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]