Diablo® III

I just DC'd

ive lost 3 hardcore characters to DC now. 2 level 60s. rip man good luck on next character
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:21 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
I'm not mad, it's my first DC ever. I feel like I'm really REALLY hardcore now!

Not my first DC - but the first one that killed me. You and I are lucky bastards, relatively.

01/23/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Twister
Did trex die too?

He wasn't with us, and his profile shows his current 60 barb still alive.

I am really, really glad there weren't more people in game with us when it went down.
Reply Quote
D:
Reply Quote
Rest in peace, yo.

One day... one day we will destroy the one ping to rule them all.

lol
Reply Quote
RIP gents, sorry to hear it.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
Just DC'd - full game kick, on the new character. I had just hit lvl 16, trex, chron and i were all kicked at the same time. When we finally got back into game, I was back to lvl 15, and my old skills were back on my character, so apparently blizz decided to rollback everybody...too bad they did it THAT time instead of the other one... :(

See, to me, that indicates that was a server side disconnect. Bliz server drops and they can detect it and revert back to a "restore point".

Disconnects that only affect a few are normally network downstream from the Bliz datacentres. How far downstream dictates how many and what geographic region gets affected. A glitch in AT&T near Bliz could wipe out most of those playing at the time but Bliz wouldn't automatically detect it.

Bad luck Anomie (and Bryan). As per the other offers, if you need a leg up with gear for a re-roll, drop me a msg.
Reply Quote
smurfy - while the server forcibly disconnecting the client would cause that (assuming it takes the character out of the game immediately when doing so, while not saving the character), the server process crashing/being killed, or the server itself crashing, would as well. I'm with you on it not indicating a rollback, though. it could be, but without actually seeing the character dead, then alive again, there's nothing saying the character even died.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/24/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
What class are you re rolling?

Ill see if i have anything that can help but wont be on till tomorrow or friday

If it's barb class that could be an issue tho as i need to help bryan

I will reroll wiz, of course. :) Although I'll probably run my WD some before I do so.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/24/2013 12:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Man two of the best guys I know in HC died in a couple of days time...bad juju

Anomie if you want me to hold on to INT gear I get let me know. I'd be happy to PLVL you or gear you (I have a Cain's set if you need it) or anything you need. Hit me up broseph!
Reply Quote
RIP to the both of you (just now seeing this). Normally, I feel slightly saddened when either of you loses a character, however this time it was kind of romantic the way you went out, hand in hand.

But Anomie, don't be so quick to blame Blizzard. Bryan has been known to do anything to stay out of the Keeps lvl2 :D
Reply Quote
RIP to 2 excellent HC players - I know I will see you both back at 60 soon =)
Reply Quote
My profile says I'm dead.

Can't log back in at the moment.

To the people who gave me some of the kickass gear I just lost - I'm sorry :(

Maybe I'm just not destined to get past P24 - RIP, reroll.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anomie-1322/hero/29033130

Crap - apparently it took Bryan (who I was running with) out too. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!

Sigh. After dying I stopped checking the forum for a few days. You, Action, and Zak, all dead. Sorry for your loss Anomie. Not a fun way to go.

Gl with the reroll.
Reply Quote
RIP Brother.
Reply Quote
I'm having a lot of fun on my old WW barb right now, so I'm taking a break from HC, but only until I get bored (which is bound to happen). My next HC toon will be a wizard. Hoping the unfamiliarity combined with me knowing they're squishy will cause me to be more cautious and paranoid. I'm just too comfortable (and overconfident) with barbs!

I may need some tips Anomie! :)
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 1/28/2013 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
Just DC'd - full game kick, on the new character. I had just hit lvl 16, trex, chron and i were all kicked at the same time. When we finally got back into game, I was back to lvl 15, and my old skills were back on my character, so apparently blizz decided to rollback everybody...too bad they did it THAT time instead of the other one... :(

See stuff like what you said proves blizzard servers fault and those idiots that say its always your side this proves that isnt always the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]