Diablo® III

Elder Scrolls Online

Now this game looks great.

Head over to the web site and check out the videos.

I still enjoy D3 quite a bit, but when this game is released D3 will take the back burner for a while.
Reply Quote
As a long long long term TES fanboy, I am very much looking forward to this. The last MMO I played (for any measurable period of time) was Asheron's Call, so it would be really nice to get into an open-world exploration game that I can play with friends.
Reply Quote
Indeed, this looks great. The cinematic was on par with Blizz's cinematics. Glad it wasn't a short 1-3 minute cinematic. I know the game will look/play nothing like that, but it's still fun to watch.

But ESO will be great, I can tell. The use of siege weapons in PvP sounds awesome, something I think lacks in most MMO PvP. Trebuchets, catapults, battering rams.... makes you actually feel like you're part of a medieval siege, and not just running up to a gate and attacking it till it falls.

Hope I get into the beta. I've tested enough MMOs and played all the Elder Scrolls games to really get into it. Nord warrior will be my first go.
Reply Quote
Considering they completely retconned some of the lore and seem to be disregarding the rest of this, I'm not even sure why it's being called an Elder Scrolls game.
Reply Quote
Looks fun I'm an old fan of the series from the dagger fall days. Something different to play when the D3 item grind gets to me. I applied for a beta key so I have my fingers crossed.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 05:44 PMPosted by njkk
This game is one of the most anticipated of 2013.

What if it comes out in 2014?
Reply Quote
I'm certainly looking forward to it, but not going to buy into any hype and I suggest everyone else try to do the same. You'll just end up disappointed :)

I've watched a couple videos for the game. The official one from the Zenimax youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY

The game itself looks nice and seems to have a lot of potential (especially their server idea). The combat, however, looked boring. It reminded me of turn based RPGs. I attack you, you attack me, repeat. I understand it's early in development and combat animations and whatnot aren't finished so I'm not judging yet. Just looks like it needs a lot of work still.

I also watched a video from Jesse Cox (OMFGCata) who was invited to check out the game. The devs didn't allow them to film anything but he did get to talk about what he saw and that did more to interest me than the official video did.
Reply Quote

But ESO will be great, I can tell. The use of siege weapons in PvP sounds awesome, something I think lacks in most MMO PvP. Trebuchets, catapults, battering rams.... makes you actually feel like you're part of a medieval siege, and not just running up to a gate and attacking it till it falls.

I think they did siege weapons very well in Guild Wars 2.
Reply Quote
Another hotbar mmo, my guess is F2P in 6 months of release. Nothing original here.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Ashpool
Another hotbar mmo, my guess is F2P in 6 months of release. Nothing original here.

just followed your posts. you seem to be the butthurt d3 fanboy. thats all you talk about in your posts.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Tricsun
I think they did siege weapons very well in Guild Wars 2.

Indeed. Though I think they can be touched up a bit more. ESO definitely has lots of good MMOs to pull ideas from and make better.

01/27/2013 03:49 PMPosted by njkk
Videos that concern the alpha testers are always a nice watch. I did not mind the official trailer it placed an emphasis on what siege battles for keeps or buildings may be like in the game.

I certainly liked it for what it was. I'm hoping they put up some better footage of general combat though. That's probably the biggest thing I'm worried about. Have heard good things about it, but haven't seen anything good as of yet.

Hoping my beta application gets picked.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:33 AMPosted by njkk
I think it is highly unlikely i will be picked i think there is at least 1 mil possibly 3 m beta applications.

When I filled mine out, the bar on the side said my chances of being picked were above average! Not that I really believe it though. Actually put some thought into the 'reasons we should pick you for beta' and make it stand out from typical beta apps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]