Diablo® III

SNS: How to beat Belial on higher MP?

Hi SNS wizards. I have been running game mode through the MP levels. After learning about SNS and seeing how great it was I jumped over to MP8 from MP2 and got through Act 1 just fine, Act 2 right up until Belial.

The guy does not freeze. I tried throwing twisters and dodging but it was going to be pretty hopeless that I could dodge all those shots.

Is there a way to beat Belial on higher MP using SNS? Without perma-freeze it would seem pretty difficult. Or is there a spot to stand where he does take the freeze?

I don't need to do this but it is kind of fun. For now I have skipped to Act 3.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I assume you are talking about his final form. He is completely immune to freeze, no matter where you stand. If you can survive the normal swipe and a single blast, you can dps until he starts to fill the room with those blasts. At that point you just have to keep moving and not get hit. When it's done, repeat the spammage until he dies.

Back when inferno was hard, this guy was a wizard's worst nightmare. He was hands down the hardest boss to kill.
Reply Quote
Afaik, you can't beat Belial with traditional SNS. Belial is the only thing in the game that can annihilate every CM Wiz.
Reply Quote
dodge pools, kill before enrage. if can't, lower mp because he's impossible if he enrages.
Reply Quote
If I remember right, he does 3 of those screen covering swarm attack things before the enrage. The key to dodging them is knowing that you have about 2-3s to move from the animated ground before the blast hits. It takes a bit of practice though but you can dodge them. Back when I had to do the fight as a kite spec I had to dodge pretty much everything for that entire phase to kill him.
Reply Quote
This dude was simultaneously the most frustration, satisfying, and epic boss to kill in inferno right after launch...back in the times when it was a mark of distinction to have killed diablo in inferno at all.
Reply Quote
You need teleport for him. I recommend Safe Passage or Wormhole.
Reply Quote
Ok so what I'm hearing is that traditional SNS won't work. Hmm...might need to use Crystal Shell. Twisters should still proc Shocknado right, cuz he has 100+ MM life on MP8. So its twist and move.

- Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee Little Mac...:)
Reply Quote
i wonder if replacing switching frost nova for molten impact and CB for conflag would be helpful in DPSing him down faster...
Reply Quote
I assume you are talking about his final form. He is completely immune to freeze, no matter where you stand. If you can survive the normal swipe and a single blast, you can dps until he starts to fill the room with those blasts. At that point you just have to keep moving and not get hit. When it's done, repeat the spammage until he dies.

Back when inferno was hard, this guy was a wizard's worst nightmare. He was hands down the hardest boss to kill.

+1; I was sweating and shaking like a crack !@#$% when THAT battle was won; took MANY tries. THAT was when a challenge meant something in this game and you really, truly felt accomplishment.

I miss that feeling :-( quite addicting actually!!
Reply Quote
use hybrid archon/mc
Reply Quote
there was a previous death blossom built just for him
Reply Quote
hah.. i was panicking just doing belial on normal hardcore..
Reply Quote
Q> does Belial hit enrage on higher MP's?
Reply Quote
Afaik, you can't beat Belial with traditional SNS. Belial is the only thing in the game that can annihilate every CM Wiz.

It's funny you mention that. I just killed him in mp10 with SNS yesterday. It was easy.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:36 AMPosted by kiza

It's funny you mention that. I just killed him in mp10 with SNS yesterday. It was easy.

You are kiza. Do I have to say more?
Reply Quote
Alright, I'll elaborate.

Belial is just a health and dps checker. Get around 50k life and 200k dps (assuming you also have good mitigation). Stand in one spot and SNS him until he dies. When the floor lights up, don't panic, just walk a little. If you die, then just do a lower MP level.

If you really want to test your meddle (offense, defense), I found another little trick. Get 3 friends and do mp10 butcher. Let your friends die immediately. Then run around until he enrages, then fight him. The whole floor will light up and he will have a ton of health. I won a bet from my barb friends with that challenge. It's not as easy as you think.
Reply Quote
If you don't have enough HP to tank his blows, you can still dodge everything except for this breath very easily (and even that is dodgable). If you're having difficulty due to his damage, getting better at positioning and dodging can do a lot more than getting more defenses sometimes. Since defense isn't entirely mandatory with Belial, in my experience learning how to dodge and having enough DPS are the bigger obstacles.
Reply Quote
Try force armor, teleport safe passage and any hydra vs Belial.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]