Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

Here you go. Glad they cleared this up. So now we can move on to more important subjects.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/251940-multiboxing/
Edited by Darkseid#1151 on 1/25/2013 4:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Rage is what I predict is going to follow.
Reply Quote
Anyone else LOL at the airplane analogy. Really?
Reply Quote
Feels like: As long as you are controlling 1 account, you can run 3 bots in the background legally. Imo.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:12 AMPosted by okComputer
Feels like: As long as you are controlling 1 account, you can run 3 bots in the background legally. Imo.

No. If you are controlling 1 account and run 3 bots, your bot accounts will get banned.

If you are controlling 4 accounts, none of your accounts get banned.
Reply Quote

Nah. Just the opposite.

They are fine with the 1-player 4-window style (using the same key input in all 4 windows), but not fine with 3 bots controlling the 3 windows in the background.

So it's not like D2's stance with multiboxing, but WoW's.

Regardless of the official stance, the 1-input 4-window style is still bad, an still unethical, no matter how many people com to me and say otherwise. But I guess they can't detect it anyways, so even if they forbid that as they should, they would not be able to enforce the rule.

So... /shrug.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:09 AMPosted by FGS

Terrible analogy.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:09 AMPosted by FGS

Why, are you upset? You RMAH'd your way into the game, you should be thankful to people who multibox or bot they're the one's finding those items for you to buy with your credit cards =)

Final nail in the coffin, guess I'll go play PoE or C9 like everyone else. I'm done.

Okay, see you next month when you QQ again or Rage about some other stuff brah! =)
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 1/25/2013 5:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

Terrible analogy.

I disagree. That's usualluy what an analogy is. An example which has nothing to do with the reffered subject, in this instance, manually controlling two planes would be controlling two accounts through multiboxing, and the autopilot would refer to somone who is using a bot and is not in front of his computer. What would you have considered a good analogy?
Edited by dataX#1234 on 1/25/2013 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
And there goes the last of the credibility Blizzard had. Wow. They really want that 15% profit from 4x the trades. Sad.

What part of "3rd party software" is vague? What a lame answer. It doesn't say it has to be automated, the ToS says it has to be a 3rd party program. Running a program in Diablo 3 fits that exactly.

Final nail in the coffin, guess I'll go play PoE or C9 like everyone else. I'm done.

Please go play PoE.. I'm sure nobody will be multiboxing, scamming, hacking, cheating etc.. in that game, because those things are all unique to Diablo 3. (rolls eyes)
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:28 AMPosted by Azhrei

Terrible analogy.

the analogy is fine, ur just mad...
Reply Quote
Feels like: As long as you are controlling 1 account, you can run 3 bots in the background legally.

You don't seem to understand how multiboxing works.

What part of "3rd party software" is vague? What a lame answer. It doesn't say it has to be automated, the ToS says it has to be a 3rd party program.

Actually, it's pretty specific on what a 3rd party program has to do to be illegal. If sending user input to a game client was illegal, you wouldn't be able to have a mouse driver.

You don't think they can track the same IP 4 times? I bet they could if they wanted to.

Not everyone lives alone. Anyone sharing the internet service in a single house looks like the same IP to the outside world.
Reply Quote
They updated it even further with more explanation to their thinking on the matter. I am sooooooooooooo happy for this post. You have no idea.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Mithrán
Regardless of the official stance, the 1-input 4-window style is still bad, an still unethical, no matter how many people com to me and say otherwise. But I guess they can't detect it anyways, so even if they forbid that as they should, they would not be able to enforce the rule.

Well, it's good that a blue weighed in and let people know what's what. That Vaneras person on the EU crew is pretty direct about stuff. Kudos to them. :-)

I don't know, I guess the way I see it, if this isn't considered "illegal" in Blizzard's eyes, it can still be seen as an unethical and cheap way to advance and get more for doing less. It's basically a legal exploit...

Look at mules. Most people who play Diablo 2 have mule characters, why? Because they want more stash space and more opportunity to save items they collect than the game actually gives them. I've never created a single mule character, and I never plan on it, because I intend to follow the rules. If the game gives me a certain amount of stash space, I'm not going to circumvent the system and create extra characters just to stick it to them and say, "look what I did, I figured out a way around getting more stash space!"

If this gets people more items, and Blizzard has no problem with it because the person in question owns all of those accounts, fine...

But the community can still look down on that kind of behavior if it's obvious it took place.

Honestly, all that multiboxing really gets people is more items, more potential to get more items, and maybe more gold. In essence, it turns people into item generating machines, which can cause the AH to be flooded with items as the person in question has more to sell, which really just ends up dropping prices on pretty much everything due to the insane amount of postings.

I'm mostly a solo player, but even I know...multiboxers really just hurt the economy, as THEY become the primary sellers of things, taking that ability away from the average "single account" player.

Thing is, with this new patch, likely upcoming patches and future expansions, Blizzard is making it so the AH will be needed less and less over time. Hell, with the new patch alone, people should barely need it at all...increased XP bonuses for higher Inferno MP levels means more people will have higher Plvls faster, they'll be getting more MF faster, which will mean better items at a steadier rate. There's going to be new crafting recipes, jewelcrafting recipes, and lots more to allow players better options to make a character from the ground up, as opposed to relying solely on buying all their gear and facerolling.

Eventually, we'll get to a point where most players will end up looking at the AH like, "does anyone really use that anymore?" Making multiboxing largely an outcast's way to TRY to make extra gold or money.

I foresee it getting old in another couple years.
Reply Quote
I have found minding my own business about such things works well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]