Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

You will still need software to clone your mouse movements and send them to the other three PCs.

Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch

A switch will not allow you to control all four PCs at the same time.
Edited by FreeWilly#1612 on 1/29/2013 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
I love Multiboxing my 4 toons, I get heaps of loot with this loot is your own system, a 10 minute run with 4 toons usually gets me 1-2 legendary items!!!!!
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:40 PMPosted by FreeWilly

Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch

A switch will not allow you to control all four PCs at the same time.

Dedicated USB DDM console port(s) work with all USB HID devices (including keyboard and mouse) and maintain the connected devices’ special functions and characteristic to each connected/targeted systems. This class of KVM switches overcomes the frustrating limitations of an Emulated USB Class KVM by emulating the true characters of the connected devices to all the computers simultaneously
Reply Quote
Playing 4 Instances of Diablo3 at the same time is not possible unless you use A THIRDPARTY software wich sends the commands AUTOMATICALLY to the other 3 instances.

This is an form of automation and use of a thirdparty-software wich is forbidden...

This is not a form of automation, and you use tons of third-party software just to be able to launch the game.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 10:06 PMPosted by blood
This is not a form of automation, and you use tons of third-party software just to be able to launch the game.

You have to differ from thirdparty-software wich you NEED to start the game and thirdparty-software wich gives you an ADVANTAGE over other players. ITS cheating.. nothing else.

About the KVM-Switch. It might be possible that some switches exist wich send command to 4 PC´s simultaneously.
But its an automation/Cheat on Hardware Basis. So what?
You can build an ro"bot" wich controls 4 PC´s at the time farming 24/7... would this be legal?
NO.... because thats botting. Its the same like all these sofware bots only.

For Blizzard it would be almost not possible to determinate wo is using these kind of hacks/bots
but thats does not make it more "legal".

So or so.... if you use thirdparty software or Hardwarebots-switches wich performs automations/action wich gives you an advantage over other "normal" players is CHEATING!

Don´t be stup!d and telling something else..
I was on a Lanparty once .... and when we cought someone cheating... he and his computer were thrown out the building and he get his bu_TT kicked petty hard.

=)
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:57 AMPosted by McPole

You have to differ from thirdparty-software wich you NEED to start the game and thirdparty-software wich gives you an ADVANTAGE over other players. ITS cheating.. nothing else.

About the KVM-Switch. It might be possible that some switches exist wich send command to 4 PC´s simultaneously.
You can build an ro"bot" wich controls 4 PC´s at the time farming 24/7... would this be legal?

For Blizzard it would be almost not possible to determinate wo is using these kind of hacks/bots

So or so.... if you use thirdparty software or Hardwarebots-switches wich performs automations/action wich gives you an advantage over other "normal" players is CHEATING!

I was on a Lanparty once .... and when we cought someone cheating... he and his computer were thrown out the building and he get his bu_TT kicked petty hard.

=)

then by your definition alone windows / linux / osx are all cheats sense they all need third party drivers and or a driver of some kind to make inputs work. Guess your video card driver is third party also oh wait it is lol...
Reply Quote
Multiboxing is not cheating. No matter how many times you guys say it is, it still doesn't make it true.

If it offends you so much then stop playing D3. You quitting will affect the market about as much as a multiboxer will. LOL.
Reply Quote
When Blizzard talks about automaton they are referring to programs that run the game for you.

Multiboxing doesn't do that. You are just controlling 4 accounts the same way, but they are all being controlled by the player. Learn what multiboxing is and what automation is before opening your mouth on the topic.
Edited by Wheatley#1553 on 1/30/2013 2:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
then by your definition alone windows / linux / osx are all cheats sense they all need third party drivers and or a driver of some kind to make inputs work. Guess your video card driver is third party also oh wait it is lol...

Didn´t you read what i wrote?? You have to differ betwenn software wich you NEEd and some software/hardware you DON´T need and give you an advantage over others.

01/30/2013 02:05 AMPosted by Wheatley
Learn what multiboxing is

It doesn´t matter. The fact is that you gain an advantage and you use software or hardware machanics to gain this advantage.
By definition and in every other game it´s cheating.
But i agree with the fact thats Blizzard say something else...
dosn´t make it right for me.
Do what you want to do... like i said... if it would be a competition or some kind of PVP
(4 Chars multiboxing vs 1 regular player) people would react diffrent.
Reply Quote
When Blizzard talks about automaton they are referring to programs that run the game for you.

Multiboxing doesn't do that. You are just controlling 4 accounts the same way, but they are all being controlled by the player. Learn what multiboxing is and what automation is before opening your mouth on the topic.

good try but your preety wrong. It would be ok if the player will directly control the 4 accounts at the same time.
But in this point... he is NOT.
The other 3 accounts are controlled by the software/hardware wich clones the input of the player and sends them to the 3 instances of Diablo.

Do i have to draw you some Data Flow Diagramm??
Edited by McPole#2680 on 1/30/2013 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here you go. Glad they cleared this up. So now we can move on to more important subjects.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/251940-multiboxing/

Wy link the fansite? You plugging diablo fans?

Here is the direct link.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768#15
Reply Quote

=)

This may not be the #1 dumbest post in this thread, but it's definitely in the top 10.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Lumpy
. It's fair because you, and everyone else, are allowed to do it.

One of your quotes... no comment
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 04:49 AMPosted by McPole
. It's fair because you, and everyone else, are allowed to do it.

One of your quotes... no comment

The fact that you don't understand the definition of fair is a good indication why you don't understand the definition of automation.
Reply Quote

You have to differ from thirdparty-software wich you NEED to start the game and thirdparty-software wich gives you an ADVANTAGE over other players.

Just saying that the simple fact that you have to run windows/wtv to start the game, makes the whole '3rd party programs are forbidden' void.
You have to run 3rd party programs to play the game.

There's no 'You have to differe from softward you need to start the games, and optionnal software!'.
When you play D3 you run 3rd party softwares, the fact that you NEED them doesn't change anything, you do it, period. Past that point it's just semantics, and you twist them your way because you don't like multiboxing.

"Third party program" just means it's made by someone else. FIrst party is you, 2nd party is blizzard. If I code a multiboxing tool myself, it'll be a first-party program for me. Is this fine?

Where to draw the line?

What if I build a metal-frame device so when I press '1' on a keyboard, some metal bar goes away to my 2nd keyboard and also press '1'?
Would that be legal, according to you?

If no : Explain me how this is automation, when the only thing I use is a metal bar that I control myself.

If yes : Explain me how the result is different from the multiboxing, without using any cliché phrases that don't really mean anything.
Reply Quote
if it would be a competition or some kind of PVP

People may or may not react different but Blizzard already has precedent for this as well with WoW. Again they are fine with it.

1 character fighting 4 characters is going to put the 1 character at a disadvantage, no matter how many people are controlling the 4.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1535574817?page=3#43
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 02:21 AMPosted by McPole

Didn´t you read what i wrote?? You have to differ betwenn software wich you NEEd and some software/hardware you DON´T need and give you an advantage over others.

01/30/2013 02:05 AMPosted by Wheatley
Learn what multiboxing is

It doesn´t matter. The fact is that you gain an advantage and you use software or hardware machanics to gain this advantage.
By definition and in every other game it´s cheating.
But i agree with the fact thats Blizzard say something else...
dosn´t make it right for me.
Do what you want to do... like i said... if it would be a competition or some kind of PVP

There are pros and cons to multiboxing. You may gain an advantage in one sense but you become disadvantaged in other ways. For starters, syncing characters. There is no /follow in D3 so you will be spending quite a bit of time resyncing characters during PvE battles. PvP? Forget about it.

They also pick things up because you aren't dealing with same drops. They also randomly click things because once positions start to go awry, what you click isn't what they click.

PvP has shown historically, at least with WoW, to be incredibly difficult to multibox. Simple because positioning is such a key factor. PvP now you might have an advantage on targeting but you are disadvantaged everywhere else like having multiple brains to process procedural data, uptime on alerts (burst, heals, etc) and CC.

If you don't believe me try multiboxing an arena 3s game at 1500+ in WoW. Your brain will melt trying to process everything. I imagine 4 v 4 deathmatch to be the same in D3.
Reply Quote

If 4 people fight 1 player, it's unfair, even if there's 4 players playing these 4 characters.
It doesn't really make sense.

People would react that way too if 4 different players were ganging up on a single one.

And as for the competition thing...
Sure, playing 4 characters at once give you an edge.
More loot, more gold, more everything, for the same farming time, as long as you're willing to buy 4 copies of the game.

But want to know what else gives you an edge?
RMAH.

For enough money, you can buy every single thing that multiboxer will ever find, and you can have more money/better gear than he has, without even farming the game for 1 minute.

Not sure why you're so intense in a discussion about someone paying 4x D3 copies (what is it, $240? ) to get 4x more drops, while some people pay thousands of $ to get way more than that, every day.

If it's just the fact that it's (according to you) illegal, while the RMAH is legal... Get some sense.
Learn to think by yourself.

Multiboxing is illegal, Blizzard said such and such about third parties!
Nevermind the fact that you can just achieve 50x what multiboxing gives you, without even playing the game, with the RMAH.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:51 PMPosted by blood
Multiboxing is illegal, Blizzard said such and such about third parties!

Judging from the rest of your post, I think you meant to say legal. That, or you were speaking in an opposing third person perspective as a precursor to your next sentence.
Reply Quote
^Yeah I should've put it in "quotes", have to admit it's confusing the way I wrote it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]