Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

01/25/2013 09:42 AMPosted by liljuicy
Pick you battles because this one is over and it was never any of your business to begin with. Move on to something more important.

Multiboxer in tha house
Reply Quote
View profile
Its not "finally an answer". Look at the date Its from three months ago and EVERYONE said that Blizzard NEVER posted their stance on this issue FIRST lie.
Second, everyone claimed it was illegal and cheating. IT ISNT. The person NEEDS to be SITTING at the computer in order to control the every move and action performed by the characters. Cheaters use automation that does NOT require the person to be present at all and using automation the characters cannot be distracted, never make a mistake and NEVER fail to perform the task. Its a HUGE difference. No full-time job to go to, no bathroom breaks, no food, no drink, no sleeping, no gaming partners, no real life commitments. a single bot easily achieves at least 3X the amount of work that a real person can do with a single client and with automation, there will be at least four clients running at a time.
Multi-boxing is unfair but from an economy standpoint, it doesn't effect anyone other then the person that's doing it. They are getting ahead. Ok. Does it effect your user experience? NO! The only reason you are getting upset is jealousy. The fact is they paid $180 dollars more to do that then you. Even if they are finding 4X more they still need to sell 4X more to make up for the initial investment they spent on the additional 3 clients and this isn't counting the additional hardware they purchased to be able to do this type of activity in the first place.
It is time for people to mind their own business because you are choosing the smallest thing possible to complain about when there are hundreds of thousands of other players out there performing actual illegal activities inside the game that are negatively effecting the game in a severe way, morale wise, economy wise, and play experience wise, since you see them inside public games ALL the time.
Pick you battles because this one is over and it was never any of your business to begin with. Move on to something more important.
Wait a second........ investment? So everyone that is multiboxing is only playing d3 to make money, gotcha. Multiboxing doesn't effect the economy? I lol'd.
Edited by ImmortalKing#1296 on 3/6/2013 4:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
In my humble opinion Multiboxing is still lame.
Reply Quote
Seeing as trading has completely died off with most items being account bound or only tradable to people who were in your game at the time the item dropped multiboxing has become only self sufficient. Basically, if you're multiboxing you're doing it because for some reason you are unable to play the game like the rest of the population and slowly rise to power. This is common in people who need instant gratification which is a sad trait in our society. Congrats, you farm 20-40 legendaries an hour and you can now run t6 while most still run t1. What do you get out of it? You've rushed through the potential game play and at the end of the day nobody cares about your items or your gear and no one respects you because you didn't play the game the way it was intended to be played.

As long as the players who are multiboxing aren't complaining about the lack of end game content or being bored, I really don't care if they do it or not. They are ruining the game for themselves. Getting all your characters to max power as soon as possible drains the replay value of the game at a rapid speed. RMAH is removed so meh, ban em or let em continue. When ladder is released however I think all of their characters should be deleted if caught multiboxing with bots.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Arkuss
Seeing as trading has completely died off with most items being account bound or only tradable to people who were in your game at the time the item dropped multiboxing has become only self sufficient. Basically, if you're multiboxing you're doing it because for some reason you are unable to play the game like the rest of the population and slowly rise to power. This is common in people who need instant gratification which is a sad trait in our society. Congrats, you farm 20-40 legendaries an hour and you can now run t6 while most still run t1. What do you get out of it? You've rushed through the potential game play and at the end of the day nobody cares about your items or your gear and no one respects you because you didn't play the game the way it was intended to be played.

As long as the players who are multiboxing aren't complaining about the lack of end game content or being bored, I really don't care if they do it or not. They are ruining the game for themselves. Getting all your characters to max power as soon as possible drains the replay value of the game at a rapid speed. RMAH is removed so meh, ban em or let em continue. When ladder is released however I think all of their characters should be deleted if caught multiboxing with bots.

I heard that thread diggers also have a certain psychological problem that requires people to acknowledge them.

Which is why I am giving you a hand here =)

Cheer up man...you are not alone.
Reply Quote
blue post in vanilla about multiboxing... was considerd LEGIT. their its done
Reply Quote
Poor people whinge about people multiboxing in a game that effects no one now as everything is BoA, its not like they can destroy the economy.

But because I have four accounts and you people don't, its not fair is it.

Multi-boxing will always be supported, its more sales for the company, and there is a large player base that do it, be it 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 accounts.

I five boxed wow for a good 12 months as well, got reported many times by imbeciles that have no idea.

Stop you whinging, its here to stay, always will.
Edited by Shanikins#1580 on 4/2/2014 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 06:07 PMPosted by Shanikins
Poor people whinge about people multiboxing in a game that effects no one now as everything is BoA, its not like they can destroy the economy.

just took a quick look at ur profile... if thats all u got using multiboxing, we really dont have much to worry about.

I have a strong feeling that a multiboxer can do much better than u...and eventually will be banned. We will see.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/02/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Luffy
I have a strong feeling that a multiboxer can do much better than u...and eventually will be banned. We will see.

It will never be banned because the user is in complete control of all the heroes, unlike botting where you press one button and a program controls every aspect of the game.
Reply Quote

just took a quick look at ur profile... if thats all u got using multiboxing, we really dont have much to worry about.

Can't multibox 5 accounts, looking at a profile is how you judge someone? LOL.
Reply Quote
Its all BOA now.. Why would any one give a rats bum about any one.. Perahps when ladder come out and it get a little competitive sure.

But right now i could not give a flange what any one dose in this game..

Wana bot and loose your account ? go for it
Wana mulitbox and waste money on multiple copies of a game that's rather average anyhow- go or it.
Wana stand in town and do naken rain daces - go for it..

All the above and more as ZERO impact on my game..
Reply Quote

Why would they be banned? Multiboxing is basically taking a single input signal and splitting it to 4 identical signals. Technically, they could go the extra mile: install d3 on 4 different computers, hook up one mouse and one keyboard to 2 usb hubs with 4 outs, and connect them to each computer. Viola, multi boxing with no software required.

Even more fundamental, what does better even mean in a game with no pvp and no ranking? Maybe they'll make it illegal when ladders come out. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Shortydoowop
01/25/2013 04:12 AMPosted by okComputer
Feels like: As long as you are controlling 1 account, you can run 3 bots in the background legally.

You don't seem to understand how multiboxing works.

What part of "3rd party software" is vague? What a lame answer. It doesn't say it has to be automated, the ToS says it has to be a 3rd party program.

Actually, it's pretty specific on what a 3rd party program has to do to be illegal. If sending user input to a game client was illegal, you wouldn't be able to have a mouse driver.

You don't think they can track the same IP 4 times? I bet they could if they wanted to.

Not everyone lives alone. Anyone sharing the internet service in a single house looks like the same IP to the outside world.

Mac addresses, even then--blizz has hardware ID's of our video cards I'm sure. Its probably not hard to achieve when detecting a video card's presence.

anyway, don't you think 30gb is excessive to not know how we play the game? They of course can detect how many instances are logged in on a single workstation.

I'm assuming what the blue meant is as long as 1 keyboard and 1 mouse are controlling a single instance by a human hand at a given time; you're okay.

Equivalent to having 4 computers surrounding you and spinning around like a barb clicking everything in sight.
Edited by Tmoneyd87#1355 on 4/8/2014 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]