Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

http://youtu.be/8WCBvVH7FGI
Reply Quote
People did not understand the issue in the first place. They understood at its roots that it was unfair and refused to do any further research into the issue, especially since it might have changed their minds. Not surprising, but still frustrating.
Reply Quote
And there goes the last of the credibility Blizzard had. Wow. They really want that 15% profit from 4x the trades. Sad.

What part of "3rd party software" is vague? What a lame answer. It doesn't say it has to be automated, the ToS says it has to be a 3rd party program. Running a program in Diablo 3 fits that exactly.

Final nail in the coffin, guess I'll go play PoE or C9 like everyone else. I'm done.

Please go play PoE.. I'm sure nobody will be multiboxing, scamming, hacking, cheating etc.. in that game, because those things are all unique to Diablo 3. (rolls eyes)

They are, any other games it gets addressed and dealt with, in D3 it's encouraged. Where have you been? lol
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

I'm glad that they finally did!
Now those that want to can as long as they do it the correct way which from what I been reading, is going to cause even more questions.

What do you think the "correct" way is? If you think using ISBoxer is "incorrect" then you are wrong.

The questions are all answered in the EULA.

• Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use
  • Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information
  • Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard
  • Reply Quote
    Finally. Congrats, ISBoxer, you just won the lottery.
    Reply Quote
    This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

Honestly I don't get blizz on this at all. I mean IMO unless you are using 4 mice to operate 4 players in a game you are doing something automatically by using software to send your inputs to 4 different accounts. The only reason they allow this is because they want to sell more copies of the game.
    Reply Quote
    multiboxing requires the use of a 3rd party program, didn't you know that you can bot in d3?
    Reply Quote
    you command the bot . how is that any different?
    Reply Quote
    01/25/2013 11:23 AMPosted by AxeLord
    This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

Honestly I don't get blizz on this at all. I mean IMO unless you are using 4 mice to operate 4 players in a game you are doing something automatically by using software to send your inputs to 4 different accounts. The only reason they allow this is because they want to sell more copies of the game.

There is a difference between automatic and automated.

When you press a key, your character automatically responds. Does this mean you're automating?

If using 4 mice strapped together is not automating, and the program acts exactly like 4 mice strapped together, how does the program get considered automation? If there is no difference, why are you whining?

Is it because you're too ignorant to know the difference in the definition of the words? I think so.
    Edited by Lumpy#1539 on 1/25/2013 12:18 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/25/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Sarahimus
    you command the bot . how is that any different?

You come off as such an idiot that I almost don't even want to bother explaining it to you, because I have serious doubts that you'll be able to comprehend it.

Bots don't need to be commanded. They do what they do without player input. Multiboxing requires you to give input for each action.

It is so simple that a two year old could understand it. What is your excuse?
    Reply Quote
    and in the end, you end up with 4X the amount of crap loot

have a nice day
    Reply Quote
    Yeah, macroing a key so the game thinks i pressed two is bannable (cm wizards dream), but clicking with the mouse once while multiboxing translates that one click to 4 clicks overall, and that is completely ok. There is something wrong here...
    Reply Quote
    Finally. Now all the whiners can either suck it up or quit.
    Reply Quote
    Never underestimate the power of jealousy and the power of envy to destroy. Never underestimate that.

People are having fun not hurting anyone and not cheating. The problem is some people are so jealous they simply can't stand someone is doing something they can't.
    Reply Quote
    01/25/2013 05:31 AMPosted by JaceAltair
    Anyone else LOL at the airplane analogy. Really?

Why, are you upset? You RMAH'd your way into the game, you should be thankful to people who multibox or bot they're the one's finding those items for you to buy with your credit cards =)

Final nail in the coffin, guess I'll go play PoE or C9 like everyone else. I'm done.

Okay, see you next month when you QQ again or Rage about some other stuff brah! =)

And this is just my MF gear......

Its called flipping
    Reply Quote
    Happy to see that blue response. A few people like chillaxin are probably gonna cry themselves to sleep tonight. Haha.

Stop attacking how some people play the game legally you twits.
    Reply Quote
    Posted by okComputer
    Feels like: As long as you are controlling 1 account, you can run 3 bots in the background legally.

You don't seem to understand how multiboxing works.

What part of "3rd party software" is vague? What a lame answer. It doesn't say it has to be automated, the ToS says it has to be a 3rd party program.

Actually, it's pretty specific on what a 3rd party program has to do to be illegal. If sending user input to a game client was illegal, you wouldn't be able to have a mouse driver.

You don't think they can track the same IP 4 times? I bet they could if they wanted to.

Not everyone lives alone. Anyone sharing the internet service in a single house looks like the same IP to the outside world.

although i despise d3 i must compliment this guy on a well written and unarguable post.. you dont see enough intelligence like this on these forums =]
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]