Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

01/25/2013 04:09 AMPosted by FGS
Anyone else LOL at the airplane analogy. Really?

It's entirely apt. Why is multi-boxing any worse than buying items on the RMAH? You're paying money for the ability to farm more stuff.
Reply Quote
Good to know I guess. But honestly, running 3 games at once trying to synch everything seems more headache than fun.

More loot/gold etc. I guess why people do it but you aren't really playing the game anymore. I guess I'd prefer just to play my one game & listen to podcasts in the background instead :p

/casual
Reply Quote
Although I still believe it was unnecessary to even comment (since with all the evidence given, and with the Support ticket allowing it, it was pretty obvious), I believe people were simply in denial. So desperate in wanting to be correct that they ignored reality.

In the end, people got their answer.
Reply Quote
I'm glad they clarified their stance on the issue, it has been a bit of a gray area for a while. Seems like Blizz is taking steps towards being more transparent about the game and the rules behind it.

There are lots of poor, pathetic babies in this thread. Jealousy and envy smeared all over their posts, makes me chuckle. Some of you really need a hobby. You should try multiboxing!
Edited by Paradox#1343 on 1/25/2013 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you want to check out multiboxing, we are doing a short legendary competition right now, check it out on my twitch page http://www.twitch.tv/d3_inigomontoya
Reply Quote
It gives big advantage to such a player. For the same amount of time he/she will performs X times better. That's not fair and it should be bannable.
Reply Quote
Wrong. and its clearly NOT banable. Stop crying please. Put your jelly on your toastie and eat it plz.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Johnnywoo
!@#$ you blizzard. Bull%^-*ting us legitimate players all the time. The !@#$ is legit about controlling 4 chars with the click of one mouse. You ban mouse macro users but not this. You probably ban for loot alert something actually helpful but not this. Blizzard %^-* you for ruining everything i waited for. Diablo was supposed to be more than a cash crop but you !@#$ed it up and are dicking us around

What on earth do you need a macro for? This isn't WoW where there's a 4-6 button rotation for dps, there's 6 buttons.....6. I also think you're confusing keymapping vs macro...

If you're concerned about being banned for a "mouse macro" get the blizzard mouse or get a logitech gaming mouse - problem solved - no macro required its all keymapping

Either way cry more pls

I am concerned that blizzard will ban people using mouse macros, loot alert becasue they are 3rd party programs kind of like................. ISOboxer. Check and mate.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:48 AMPosted by justhackitup
What part of "3rd party software" is vague?

hmm. what part of "unauthorized 3rd party software" is vauge... lol
Edited by Hazwiz#1814 on 1/25/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

What on earth do you need a macro for? This isn't WoW where there's a 4-6 button rotation for dps, there's 6 buttons.....6. I also think you're confusing keymapping vs macro...

If you're concerned about being banned for a "mouse macro" get the blizzard mouse or get a logitech gaming mouse - problem solved - no macro required its all keymapping

Either way cry more pls

I am concerned that blizzard will ban people using mouse macros, loot alert becasue they are 3rd party programs kind of like................. ISOboxer. Check and mate.

Gotta say, I find it funny that half of the people raging over this statement know next to nothing about the software involved. Here, I'll help you out since doing your own research is so difficult.

ISBoxer (or similar multiboxing software) is necessary for keystroke broadcasting between clients. Blizzard has clearly stated this is fine as long as no automation occurs. Macros qualify as automation because multiple different keystrokes can be entered with one input. Loot alert qualifies because it reads the games' memory. Multiboxing software does neither. Therefore, ISBoxer is a permitted third-party program. You're clinging to straws.
Edited by Paradox#1343 on 1/25/2013 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is no such thing as a permitted 3rd party program. That has been stated into the ground by blues. Im not holding onto anything, I think multiboxing SHOULD be legal. The guys doing it are insane and put a ton of time into it. But blizz needs to not pick and choose when and where they want to ban people. I havnt been banned, I just dont like rules in place just to be overlooked if it makes them extra money.

Also help me understand. So one mouse moving 4 chars isnt in the same boat as hitting one button to hit multiple skills? Im confused.
Edited by Doherty#1755 on 1/25/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Doherty
There is no such thing as a permitted 3rd party program.

Not quite true--Well, guess it depends on how you view it. Blizzard does not necessarily promote 3rd party software, but they "allow" them unless they infringe on specified rules within the EULA:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

So generally rule of thumb is this, 3rd party software is allowed based off of the EULA. There are certain types of 3rd party software that are not allowed (like botting), which is specifically mentioned in it. The views that "all 3rd party software" is flawed and completely mistaken.

So long as the 3rd party software does not infringe of any of the prohibited traits (in their interpretation), it will be just fine.

To answer your confusion think of it like this:

What is allowed: Click one button resulting in a single action per instance (instance being account). So it is a 1-to-1 action.

What is not allowed: click one button resulting in more than one action per instance. So it would be like 1-to-2 action. So if you click number 1 on your keyboard, it is fine if that action it replicated to each instance. But, if you press 1 and skill 1, 2, and 3 go off (in a single instance), that would be deemed automation and would go against the EULA and become a bannanble offense.
Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 1/25/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:12 AMPosted by padako
so blues have confirmed what we have been trying to explain to ppl for months. multiboxing is fine as long as there is no automation. one action can be replicated across multiple instances of the game as long as it was a user triggered action and therefore not automated.

Which would mean that every macro in existence is legal to use too, as long as the macro is activated manually and not automatically.

I don't think Blizzard really knows what ISBoxer is capable of doing, or they're sweeping the whole thing under the carpet.

The airplane analogy was nice. Fly-by-wire, anyone. dear lord...
Reply Quote
I don't know, I guess the way I see it, if this isn't considered "illegal" in Blizzard's eyes, it can still be seen as an unethical and cheap way to advance and get more for doing less. It's basically a legal exploit...

Look at mules. Most people who play Diablo 2 have mule characters, why? Because they want more stash space and more opportunity to save items they collect than the game actually gives them. I've never created a single mule character, and I never plan on it, because I intend to follow the rules. If the game gives me a certain amount of stash space, I'm not going to circumvent the system and create extra characters just to stick it to them and say, "look what I did, I figured out a way around getting more stash space!"

conformist detected.

YOLO buddy
Edited by Mindfunk#1208 on 1/25/2013 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Vresiberba
so blues have confirmed what we have been trying to explain to ppl for months. multiboxing is fine as long as there is no automation. one action can be replicated across multiple instances of the game as long as it was a user triggered action and therefore not automated.

Which would mean that every macro in existence is legal to use too, as long as the macro is activated manually and not automatically.

I don't think Blizzard really knows what ISBoxer is capable of doing, or they're sweeping the whole thing under the carpet.

The airplane analogy was nice. Fly-by-wire, anyone. dear lord...

If a macro used results in more than one result than no, it is not allowed nor is it the same.

Think of it like this--One action can result in one result per instance. In the case, if you use a macro and the action of using it results in multiple results per instance, than it is not allowed.

This is not an accurate representation of what has been stated. Activating a macro is like using pressing a key. The key itself has no meaning, it is what results from the macro or key that matters. So a macro that results in activating skills 1-5 would NOT be allowed since it is viewed as a form of automation.
Reply Quote
Interesting, but you are still using one mouse click to control multiple actions. Different accounts or not thats what is happening. One movement or click = 4 chars moving and executing moves depending on what ONE keystroke does or mouse movement. I still haven't see this explained.
Reply Quote
Oh good, so now I can officially multibox without fear of being banned :D
There is currently a steaming competition going on with 2 multibox users, they both have 30+ legendaries after 3 hrs.... Ive played six today and found one. Gonna go start up my multiboxing so I can find 50 legendaries a day :D !!!
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Doherty
Interesting, but you are still using one mouse click to control multiple actions. Different accounts or not thats what is happening. One movement or click = 4 chars moving and executing moves depending on what ONE keystroke does or mouse movement. I still haven't see this explained.

No you are not--for multiboxing, if I right click once, than single action of replicated to each account. That is all, you are not clicking the keyboard once and the heroes are moving and attack beyond that of what is normally done.

If someone presses the (1) button, and multiple actions occur such as (1), (2), and (3), than that is against the rules. But Multiboxing as a whole is one action per instance, period. That is why it is allowed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]