Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

01/25/2013 11:34 PMPosted by MikeAkaJB
They never addressed the part of sandboxing to get multiple copies of d3 to run on 1 computer at a time since you need that to multibox from 1 computer.

That's really a non issue since the option comes installed in D3. Just take a look in your D3 folder.

.agent.db

http://i.imgur.com/s0BpUqM.png

The default is false because most players won't be multiboxing. But this feature in itself answers your point.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Doherty
Interesting, but you are still using one mouse click to control multiple actions. Different accounts or not thats what is happening. One movement or click = 4 chars moving and executing moves depending on what ONE keystroke does or mouse movement. I still haven't see this explained.

Still unanswered.

One click = 1 click on 4 differnt accounts? Legal? Why?

beacause each click = 4 reactions, when a human can only control one.
Edited by Doherty#1755 on 1/26/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Mithrán
So... /shrug.

It's just a matter of principle, really. It isn't just that they couldn't *easily* enforce the rules, it is that *currently* Blizzard doesn't even care. They clearly state their policy and it has to do with one real person playing and Blizzard getting paid multiple times. Yes, Blizzard likes getting paid, wow, I'm so surprised at this... I'm not ranting at the quoted person though, just in general about how totally against the spirit of the game multi-boxing is and how it obviously shouldn't be allowed enforceable or not, and how greedy Blizzard is in this regard.
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 1/26/2013 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
good bye
Reply Quote
ISBoxer allows me to split single commands to multiple accounts.

When I press 1, EACH ACCOUNT accepts 1, AND ONLY 1, as an input. It does not matter if EACH ACCOUNT does SOMETHING DIFFERENT based on MY INPUT as long as EACH INPUT only has a SINGLE ACTION PER ACCOUNT.

If I used a program that allowed me to press one keystroke and send MORE THAN ONE COMMAND PER ACCOUNT then it would be against the rules.

This means that if you use a macro... and you type 1 ONCE , and it will "type" 1 over and over again, then it is automation.

This means if you use a macro... and you type 1 ONCE, and it will "type" 1 four times to ONE ACCOUNT, then that is automation.

However if you type 1 ONCE, and it "types" 1 ONCE, PER ACCOUNT, then that is NOT automation.

This is NO DIFFERENT than what the software can do in other games. Just because there is a "follow" feature is irrelevant. The mouse cursor is still mirrored in those other games.

This is NO DIFFERENT than what you can do with hardware, known as a KVM switch.

This is NO DIFFERENT than if you wanted to use tape, gears, pulleys, board, and string with 4 mice and 4 keyboards together, you get the same result.

This is NO DIFFERENT than the evolution that came when cavemen invented the wheel, and I do NOT understand why you all whine about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WCBvVH7FGI

http://76.74.159.78/closeup2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/037/7/e/evolution_of_the_wheel_by_echoes93-d4owse1.jpg
Edited by Lumpy#1539 on 1/26/2013 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Multiboxing different characters on the same account sounds sweet.
Edited by Sam#2475 on 1/26/2013 4:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
ISBoxer allows me to split single commands to multiple accounts.

When I press 1, EACH ACCOUNT accepts 1, AND ONLY 1, as an input. It does not matter if EACH ACCOUNT does SOMETHING DIFFERENT based on MY INPUT as long as EACH INPUT only has a SINGLE ACTION PER ACCOUNT.

If I used a program that allowed me to press one keystroke and send MORE THAN ONE COMMAND PER ACCOUNT then it would be against the rules.

This means that if you use a macro... and you type 1 ONCE , and it will "type" 1 over and over again, then it is automation.

This means if you use a macro... and you type 1 ONCE, and it will "type" 1 four times to ONE ACCOUNT, then that is automation.

However if you type 1 ONCE, and it "types" 1 ONCE, PER ACCOUNT, then that is NOT automation.

This is NO DIFFERENT than what the software can do in other games. Just because there is a "follow" feature is irrelevant. The mouse cursor is still mirrored in those other games.

This is NO DIFFERENT than what you can do with hardware, known as a KVM switch.

This is NO DIFFERENT than if you wanted to use tape, gears, pulleys, board, and string with 4 mice and 4 keyboards together, you get the same result.

This is NO DIFFERENT than the evolution that came when cavemen invented the wheel, and I do NOT understand why you all whine about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WCBvVH7FGI

http://76.74.159.78/closeup2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/037/7/e/evolution_of_the_wheel_by_echoes93-d4owse1.jpg

Macros are totally legit too haters. I've been using macros since 1.0.2 and never heard of anyone getting banned and obviously not banned. Hell diablos own mouse has sweet macros with time delays, send order randomization, assign to like 7 diffent mouse buttons every thing. Best macro mouse i seen. u think they'd sell it and tell you how to do it manual if it wernt legit? I think not.

Anyway love this news will macro and mutilbox. Wish me luck!
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/26/2013 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks to WoW, we already knew that Blizzard doesn't care about multi-boxers because they make more money off of those people than they do legit players.
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/26/2013 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
So a blue had to say something, huh. I thought that anyone with half a brain could've figured that out by just reading the EULA and the ToS. I figured that out without a blue's help.
Reply Quote
Didn't they say using that thing that made D3's graphics darker was against the TOS?
Reply Quote
Really when you think of it Blizzard doesn't need the money from the multi-boxers, they ban-wave botters once a month and allow those botters to repurchase licences for the next month so they make sales easily from that. Its safe to say that at least 50 percent of the community maybe more are actually botters botting gold and botting the auction house multi-boxers aren't the problem.
Reply Quote
What they mean is, if you buy 4 boxes they don't care what you do.
Reply Quote

Regardless of the official stance, the 1-input 4-window style is still bad, an still unethical, no matter how many people com to me and say otherwise. But I guess they can't detect it anyways, so even if they forbid that as they should, they would not be able to enforce the rule.

So... /shrug.

Right, it's unethical because you said so, because you're the arbiter of right and wrong.

How's that ivory tower workin out for ya ?
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Darmival
Thanks to WoW, we already knew that Blizzard doesn't care about multi-boxers because they make more money off of those people than they do legit players.

Actually, they don't care because multiboxers are legit players, you can cry all you want about it but blizzard is smart enough to recognize this and not turn away legitimate business.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Calamity
Blizzard %^-* you for ruining everything i waited for. Diablo was supposed to be more than a cash crop but you !@#$ed it up and are dicking us around

65k Elite kills?

2k Hours played?

Last updated on Jan 24, 2013 4:30 PM PST?

I think you'll be alright nerd.
Stop posting on your SC account and hiding your profile nerd.
Reply Quote
I find it funny, all those multiboxer haters bashing because they think multiboxing gives an unfair advantage.

If the advantage is so great, then why not join in on the multiboxing fun? Too hard?

I don't believe people understand what it really takes, and how hard can actually be sometimes. You actually don't gain 4x the loot over the same time period. When you derp and die, you have spend time reviving your toons, then there's times when you are scattered all over the place and have to regroup, which takes time. You have to take the time to learn how to multibox, which can take a LOT of time for some. Then there's the fact that you have to buy each account you use, and ISboxer has a subscription fee. After all those extra fees and steps you have to take to play 4 extra characters, for maybe 2-3x loot at very absolute max, how exactly is that unfair?

Why aren't you complainers willing to learn it? Easier to just kill the fun for the few who actually enjoy it? Why not quit Diablo? Why not quit gaming completely? Why not quit your job?(if you have one) It's probably unfair too.

I know it's always easier to just complain, but you should at least try it out. You never know, you may actually enjoy it.

"Incoming flame attacks :("
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 07:11 AMPosted by p0t
What they mean is, if you buy 4 boxes they don't care what you do.

This, they had the same stance with 5 boxers in wow, they don't care as long as you have a license for each box.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]