Diablo® III

Blue finally responds to Multiboxing in D3

But it's using software to modify the game experience. How the hell is that allowed?

Whatever, Blizzard's actions have been less than impressive lately.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Alosis
You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

"each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client"
"each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client"

I want to see that blue poster play with 4 accounts at the same time with 4 keyboards and mouses...you know,like normal ppl play. Or anyone that uses multiboxing too. So much fail,trying to protecting revenue...
Reply Quote
General rule of thumb:

Whatever actions by players allows blizzard to make more money are going to get the thumbs up from their shareholders.

This is why nothing serious about botting has been done & multi-boxing benefits the botters the most.

Edit - So another nail in the coffin as many people have already vocally washed their hands of blizzard over this latest news on multi-boxing. So I wonder, once there are only botters left.. do botters buy off each other on the RMAH?
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 1/26/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
next thing they will implement is intern bottting hahhahahha....

just pay blizzard and they have the best bots , they will make some effective runs...

just sit back and relax, or go to work, when u come home u will see a lot of new items and exp!!

!@#$ the game should be there just for fun, not for anything else!!
Reply Quote
You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

I want to see that blue poster play with 4 accounts at the same time with 4 keyboards and mouses...you know,like normal ppl play. Or anyone that uses multiboxing too. So much fail,trying to protecting revenue...

Cherry picking is wrong. Don't forget this little gem as well

You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

I also like this quote from a player on the EU forums

And you feel that Blizzard hasn't noticed? That you are the ones to swoop in and save the day?

But seriously, you approach Blizzard and say "Hey things have changed, how do you feel about it now?". They respond saying "Nope, still feel the same way"

That's two posts, not even a full page but here we are, as per usual, 8 pages later and still the argument is pulling apart previous statements assuming the person you are responding to "just doesn't get you".

You *were* got. You just don't want to accept that.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=8#146

and

Blizzard has said they accept Multiboxers but you spend pages after pages trying to pick apart the wording of a blue, manipulating the words to fit your desired meaning.

And all without the realization that you aren't convincing anyone, and nothing you say hasn't been said before, nor will it change what is.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=7#136
Edited by Alosis#1811 on 1/26/2013 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Alosis

I dont care that Blizz employes suck at giving excuses.
Reply Quote
Can any one tell me if is it allowed or not?I have not read the whole thread,but I think its not allowed because:

"This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character."
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Amiscar

I dont care that Blizz employes suck at giving excuses.

Then why are you here? They gave perfectly acceptable responses (that you don't agree with, but it's not your game so...) and you just don't care?
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Alosis
Then why are you here? They gave perfectly acceptable responses (that you don't agree with, but it's not your game so...) and you just don't care?

Where are the acceptable responses? It's my fault that they cant construct a sentence without bury themselves in the process? As i said, I want to see it playing with 4 chars as i do. And the ppl defending multibox too. And while im in the wish list, maybe same of you should learn what automation is.
Reply Quote

Where are the acceptable responses? It's my fault that they cant construct a sentence without bury themselves in the process? As i said, I want to see it playing with 4 chars as i do. And the ppl defending multibox too. And while im in the wish list, maybe same of you should learn what automation is.

I and many others already made multiple posts with multiple links from multiple forums (read this thread in it's entirety). In fact the first post directs you to the blue post made in the D3 forums.

I don't have to argue anything with anyone. Blizzard has already made their stance clear. Either you accept it and move on, or you don't accept it and move on. Either way dragging the issue on is moot because their stance has been clearly defined.

And while im in the wish list, maybe same of you should learn what automation is.

This has been discussed ad nauseum as well. You need to learn what "automation" is.
Edited by Alosis#1811 on 1/26/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I and many others already made multiple posts with multiple links from multiple forums (read this thread in it's entirety). In fact the first post directs you to the blue post made in the D3 forums.

I don't have to argue anything with anyone. Blizzard has already made their stance clear. Either you accept it and move on, or you don't accept it and move on. Either way dragging the issue on is moot because their stance has been clearly defined.

I accept it,of course. But its just another blatant confirmation that to this game, everything that makes money > all the rest. As i said,Blizz employes are awful at giving excuses. if they cant even lie,it even makes them worse of a company. All of this screams: "we wanna milk you. We know you are a stupid fanboy. Wanna moar profit"
Edited by Amiscar#2951 on 1/26/2013 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Alosis
This has been discussed ad nauseum as well. You need to learn what "automation" is.

1 key press, 4 actions. It only doesnt get it who doesnt want to.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Amiscar

1 key press, 4 actions. It only doesnt get it who doesnt want to.

So you just don't want to get it. Gotcha

;-)
Reply Quote

;-)

As an engineering student with lot of engineering students as friends, we enjoy this kind of discussions. I mean, how stupid can someone be in press 1 key, have 4 char doing 4 actions,and saying that it was all manually controled.
Edited by Amiscar#2951 on 1/26/2013 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

;-)

As an engineering student with lot of engineering students as friends, we enjoy this kind of discussions. I mean, how stupid can someone be in press 1 key, have 4 char doing 4 actions,and saying that it was all manually controled.

Because the player is in direct control of all of the characters and their actions. Automation is having the program activate Ignore Pain (for example) every time it becomes available, without user interaction.

Geez I thought an engineering student with a lot of engineering student friends could've understood that.
Edited by Alosis#1811 on 1/26/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Because the player is in direct control of all of the characters and their actions. Automation is having the program activate Ignore Pain (for example) every time it becomes available, without user interaction.
Geez I though an engineering student with a lot of engineering student friends could've understand that.

Why? Your opinion is not more valid than mine (or our teachers that play d3 our wow). 1 key press. 4 actions in 4 chars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automation here,educate yourself. One day you will get it.
Reply Quote
So why does Blizzard not make us a legit Multiboxing program to use instead of taking a risk from 3rd party site? This is obviously the only way to play as you can find 4x more legendary items = 4x profit on AH and farming needs.
Reply Quote
an still unethical, no matter how many people com to me and say otherwise
So... /shrug.

This is hilarious.
Reply Quote
an still unethical, no matter how many people com to me and say otherwise
So... /shrug.
This is hilarious.

In gaming context, a bit...but he is actually right. Imagine a world where no player would cheat...
Reply Quote
Geez I though an engineering student with a lot of engineering student friends could've understand that.

Why? Your opinion is not more valid than mine (or our teachers that play d3 our wow). 1 key press. 4 actions in 4 chars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automation here,educate yourself. One day you will get it.

lol read what's in there. It states quite a few times automation replacing human interaction.

automation greatly decreases the need for human sensory and mental requirements while increasing load capacity, speed, and repeatability.

Once-ubiquitous telephone operators have been replaced largely by automated telephone switchboards and answering machines.

Between 1957 and 1964 factory output nearly doubled while the number of blue collar workers started to decline.

Replacing human operators in tasks that involve hard physical or monotonous work

Frees up workers to take on other roles.

For example, internal combustion engine pistons used to be installed manually. This is rapidly being transitioned to automated machine installation

Like holy crap your link provides all kinds of scenarios where human interaction is no longer needed while machines "automatically" do the work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]