Diablo® III

I played poe for a bit...

I decided to try poe and I'm in the middle of act 2 so far. To say the least it is different from this game but I know I haven't played enough to make a decision about how good I think the game will turn out to be.

Despite my own reluctance deciding how to judge poe it is funny to see everyone in global chat talk crap about diablo 3 and act like poe is some sort of amazing game when in reality these people are rocking level 5 toons and haven't really played through the entire game yet.

The point I am making here is that I feel diablo 3 is really an amazing game and although I have played it to death and feel bored with it at times I know I got a lot of fun out of it. People are so quick to judge without actually thinking about what is happening (why they are bored or why they are having fun).

Poe is new and people will have fun while it is fresh. Diablo 3 was the same way when it was first released. The question is how good will poe be compared to diablo 3 once people have played through its content a thousand times as they have with diablo 3.
Edited by Malevo#1666 on 1/25/2013 10:29 AM PST
I actually do agree (as I played some poe yesterday), it was a bit annoying to see the global chat filled up with D3 bashing.

I don't like D3 in it's current state, and i'll criticize it with the best of them, but I really think the bashing should be left to this forum. I encountered the same thing in GW2, not as often but it was there.

I havn't played enough to make a decision on poe either. I thought Diablo was fun all the way through nightmare which equated to I think 50-60hrs. I can tell PoE has better diversity when it comes to how you want to build your character. I can't tell whether how well these trees are going to affect the character. I can't tell which classes are the best, though I do have a witch and she seems under-powered for my liking. I'm also don't like how close the overhead view is. I prefer a further away view like we see in D3. It is in beta though so things will change.

Despite my own reluctance deciding how to judge poe it is funny to see everyone in global chat talk crap about diablo 3 and act like poe is some sort of amazing game when in reality these people are rocking level 5 toons and haven't really played through the entire game yet.

Ever think those people have been playing the closed beta before the system wide wipe?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

FYI I like D3 and I'm taking a D3 break for some POE with all my diablo buddies. So far the game seems fresh and we love all the options availible to us without having to be cookie cutter.

Anyway I turned the chats off.
Edited by KainDraven#1803 on 1/25/2013 10:41 AM PST
01/25/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Malevo
The question is how good will poe be compared to diablo 3 once people have played through its content a thousand times as they have with diablo 3.

I haven't gotten to this point in the game so I can't speak from experience, but PoE does have some systems already active that makes it so you're not farming the same thing over, and over again once you get into the higher levels. Truly random and truly different maps.
ya I turned the global chat off in PoE yesterday. I like both games and I at least want to clear the 3 acts in PoE before doing more grinding in D3 but this whole "war" between the 2 communities is getting old. I just want to play the game (PoE) without constantly hearing comparisons to D3 in global chat.
yes actually PoE community is not that friendly either.

Yesterday I found my first brown, so I linked it in global chat to express my excitement, and said "my first leg :D", the response i received right away was "LOL D3 trash", later I learned that they call the browns "unique" instead of "legendary".
87 Undead Priest
01/25/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Malevo
The question is how good will poe be compared to diablo 3 once people have played through its content a thousand times as they have with diablo 3.

The answer is yes because the game has insane replayability... with all the customization and that huge skill tree you could find yourself playing a lot trying to find new gear to..... get this... PVP. If they mess up their build they have to make a new character all over again. Much more thought goes into playing PoE with all the different things to think of and D3 is pretty much faceroll.
Poe i think no one really plays they just chat and stream krip typing /ladder
01/25/2013 10:39 AMPosted by KainDraven
Ever think those people have been playing the closed beta before the system wide wipe?

^
Man to me Path of exile is a game created 100% Against Diablo3 lol

Its A well constructed rip off that was inspired by diablo games just like www.d2jsp.org was or is
No we are not Pay2Win we are completely free... oh if you wanna download it please purchase some gold lol b.s.

Ne way back to pvp lol
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 1/25/2013 11:08 AM PST
Its A well constructed rip off that was inspired by diablo games just like www.d2jsp.org was or is
No we are not Pay2Win we are completely free... oh if you wanna download it please purchase some gold lol b.s.

It actually is free.... there isn't a catch - unless you want your sword to glow or to have a fancy helmet, you literally can get any item in the game as easily as someone who has spent $1000.

And djsp.com isn't a game? Not sure why you're comparing that here.
01/25/2013 11:08 AMPosted by IronKenichi
And djsp.com isn't a game? Not sure why you're comparing that here

Path of exile (The Game) and D2jsp.org (The Trade site) Both are spin offs from Diablo 2 and to me they are well contructed rip off's in the end you will see.... PoE is Pay2win again... people will use real money to gain advantage... there you go same as on d3
Played D3 a lot, Cause I paid $60; it was this or Street Fighter vs Tekken at the time, anyway....

Now I have PoE, Level 20 Witch so far, not even interested now with D3, I'm not hating either, maybe I'll come back and play again soon, but I don't see it happening really just yet.

Side note I don't like the way Blizz worked this game, (1st time Blizz customer and last time as well), only EA is worse.
The general internet community is vile towards D3, that has nothing to do with PoE as a game.

I am currently playing PoE and enjoying it immensely. That said I have enjoyed D3 and am not blind to the obvious pros and cons of each game.

You don't need to be a fanboy of either, just be a critical person that can think on their own.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 1/25/2013 11:18 AM PST
The designers who made PoE are former diablo 2 veterans who were involved with d2jsp.org and they saw how succesful paul tolberg was with "just stoopid people" so they made a spin of from diablo 2.. and in the end they will sell gold to people who want to gain advantage over others in pvp
01/25/2013 10:39 AMPosted by KainDraven
So far the game seems fresh and we love all the options availible to us without having to be cookie cutter

Every game that has character skill sets where you choose what path to take will have a cookie cutter spec... the only reason you don;'t think so now is simply because you have yet to reach endgame and find out what the optimum spec is.

GW2 was supposed to kill diablo 3... didn't do it.

Next up, POE is supposed to kill Diablo 3.. i think people who want D3 to die will be sadly mistaken for putting all their eggs in the POE basket.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]