Diablo® III

I played poe for a bit...

01/27/2013 04:18 AMPosted by GeminiEclips

You realize its the same for D3, at least you are given the option to buy more storage and have more storage to begin with.

Except D3 storage is purchased with in game currency not real money.

At least that small amount of money goes into supporting the game instead of a strangers wallet
View profile

Except D3 storage is purchased with in game currency not real money.

At least that small amount of money goes into supporting the game instead of a strangers wallet

I supported D3 with my $60. Never bought anything off RMAH.

I supported D3 with my $60. Never bought anything off RMAH.

No, you had no choice but to pay otherwise you cant play, POE is free to d/l and free to play. Theres a slight difference
yes actually PoE community is not that friendly either.

Yesterday I found my first brown, so I linked it in global chat to express my excitement, and said "my first leg :D", the response i received right away was "LOL D3 trash", later I learned that they call the browns "unique" instead of "legendary".

If you played D2, you would know that they were originally known as unique items. Legendary for items didn't become a term in my world until WoW. It was always magic (blue), Rare (yellow) or Unique (gold) then ofcourse trash (grey) and normal (white) oh and don't forget set (green) and crafted (orange). Now games got all this like purple items for legendary, then pink items for like... super unique legendary.. like wtf?
I tried poe, that's why im now gona play diablo 2 again. Because even though it's old it's still a lot superior.
90 Human Death Knight
What is PoE??
Poe's combat is about as action packed as two senior citizens trying to bang after getting their hips replaced.

I played the game durring the closed beta. The combat was SO repetitive and SLOW. D3 storyline isnt that great, but POES's is worst.

If your such a gg_______(insert class), why would they banish you and not just kill you? If you were that powerful to begin with why would you allow yourself to be captured.
all i can say is the character customization rocks in POE.. they killed d3 in that area. d3 has way cooler game play. but when i play a rpg i want character customization over anything....so i guess we shall see.
i swear poe is better than D3
blizz u lose
The cycle begins again :) a new hype game is around so the fans of the new game will compare it of course to diablo3 saying "how godly this new game was compared to d3", "how this new game is the true successor of diablo2", "this game has everything that diablo3 failed to achieved" blah blah hahaha. Then after a few weeks the hype dies and all are back in the diablo 3 forums talking again about diablo 3 lols. Just like in the past when guildwars 2 and torchlight 2 are being compared against diablo3 lols.

Diablo3 is today's yard stick to measure how good or bad a new arpg game is.
I wonder how many POE players will stop talking how nice POE is when they are lvl 40 .... they will be so borred.
and then you said this
01/26/2013 08:13 AMPosted by Veldin
1) We take all possible build variations, without regard to viability, and count them. D3 has 3.4 trillion. POE has a good number too.

So are you backing away from your argument now by saying im being contradictory for including useless builds based on what you said?
Because as far as I'm concerned then you're throwing your own argument away and making yourself look like a fool for me staying consistent with your argument. Yes you still are a dummy.

Good job quoting me out of context, troll. I gave TWO scenarios, in an attempt to strive for some consistency of argument, since you were making a complete fool of yourself trying to see-saw between the two scenarios to buffer your own argument. Here let me quote it for you again since you suffer from selective reading:

There are two ways to argue this.

1) We take all possible build variations, without regard to viability, and count them. D3 has 3.4 trillion. POE has a good number too.

2) We take only the optimal build variations and discount the rest. If you do that, D3 has much fewer options than it would seem at first (obviously). But so does POE.

Very neat of you, only quoting my first scenario. Do you even understand simple English? I said it's only fair if we compare using EITHER of the two methods above.

The math really doesn't matter; I already said so myself. I only brought it up because YOU insisted on doing so - but until now, you haven't actually provided ANY math (prior to your last post where you finally added some bad math - more on that later). The main point I was trying to get across (and I'm certain you'll simply overlook it) is that the skill tree of PoE isn't as complex as people make it out to be, due to a number of reasons.

One is the presence of buffer stats like + int or + str. The real choices are the special skills, not these stat buffers. If you want to count stat boosts as a choice, sure let's do that and count D3's gear stats as a 'choices'. That's like saying, "Hey Vile Ward can roll 170-200 main stat! Oh look, that makes 31 choices!"

Another reason is that the path you take towards a skill is predetermined. If there are 3 Intel nodes en route to that skill you desire, you can't choose NOT to take the 3 Intel nodes along your way. The real choice comes in choosing your desired 'special' skill and then taking the most optimal path towards it, taking any stat boosts along the way (it's not like you can even choose NOT to take the stat boosts en route).

In the end if you use scenario 1 to argue (taking all possible combinations), of course the number for BOTH D3 and POE will turn out to be huge. But it doesn't mean anything because those include everything under the sun. The numbers aren't very meaningful, but of course in your effort to prove your point, you have only criticised D3's useless builds while keeping quiet on POE's ones. Here let me quote you again since you can't even remember your own crap lol:

I merely stated actives because you were talking about 6 slots and the runes you can choose between each. It's not exactly a skill + a rune, it's a skill or a different skill under the guise of (skill + rune = just another skill). It's just a mechanism to have you believe it's that 1 skill that's been changed when in reality it's ANOTHER skill. rather than complicate the matter and give everyone a big chart of 60 intimidating different skills they just categorized them and have each one subchange into a different one, in no way would you ever choose the No Rune option??(sheesh).

bash? lol i said it either is wrong or includes everything useless, what truth couldnt i handle? why are you so suddenly sensitive and defensive? so it did include everything useless then? I merely made another example that D3 doesn't have as much diversity as you're trying to have me believe in terms of "truth"

No, take out all the ones you can't use together and it's not, when would you ever have more than 1 primary skill assigned? you can't even use 2 at the same time. you'd be a simpleton if you couldn't figure that out. complex indeed.

Underlined the relevant portions so your muddled brain can digest the info. :) Clearly trying to discount the useless builds in D3 while saying nothing about the useless builds in PoE (of course you later backtracked on your stance when it became clear you were sounding a bit foolish). Some parts of what you wrote is hard to understand because of the bad grammar, but the last quote, at least, proves that you did indeed try to argue to 'take out all the ones you can't use together'. Owned again.

And let's take a look at your 'math'. It's terrible math but I won't go and embarrass you by tearing down every single bit of bad math, because as I've said (twice) already, the math isn't the point at all (except you chose to make it a topic for discussion). Instead, I'll give you just one example so you can learn from your mistakes :)

Now that number 35 641 470 150 add that with 111 choices on a 1350 passive skill tree and you'll have one. very very SMALL aspect of "builds" that PoE has available.
so you tell me what's 35 641 470 150 multiply by 1350 choose 111 passive slots

You don't take 1350 choose 111, because the skills on the tree need to be taken in a path. Taking 1350 choose 111 assumes you can jump nodes and pick any you want. /facepalm
Since the rest of your math is derived from this terribly stupid assumption, it can safely be ignored as being 3rd grade math. :)
Edited by Veldin#1214 on 1/27/2013 9:34 AM PST
i dn understand wats wrong with d3 its an awesome none of the games in the world has given this dark and moody atmosphere i jst lov diablo from the beginning the i liked t2 but diablo is a brand and no 1 can change it what evr crap they spit out in reality all the ppl who talk crap is actually loving diablo 3 somewhere in their minds and are too stubborn to accept how many loot driven and dungeon crawling games comes out diablo and specially diablo 3 is the king and no 1 can change it its gameplay, classes, graphics, story, atmosphere all are the top notch.

and i have also seen ppl sayin the story is crappy then u criticizers it self cook up a crappy story and spit it out iam really fed up of hearin crap abt D3 and iam done with it and its not a forum for only D3 supporters and fans so post wat the heck u want .
and abt the auction house if u dn want to buy from it dn nobody is forcing and no use of getting jealous and sayin dat if u have money u get wat ever u want so if u wanna sell the u also play it earn it and keep it for auction D 3 rocks i dn care wat ever u guys say u guys cannot change the fact D3 is the king. i wish i could get the collectors edition wen it launched
PoE is ok.. Been/Was in the beta for many months now but havent played since it went to open beta ( full release when it comes to f2p games ). There are a couple things I dont like about it.

1. The Passive Tree.. It looks like there is a lot of choices but there really isnt nor does it feel like it makes you stronger. Getting +% points to damage or defenses just isnt what I call customization.

2. The camera view is terrible.. I tried playing ranged builds but it is nothing but a headache!

3. Socketing skills into your weapons and armor.. It works but I am not a fan of it.

4. Combat is slow , clunky and the animations are downright hideous.
Edited by JEM#1203 on 1/27/2013 9:18 AM PST
PoE is ok.. Been/Was in the beta for many months now but havent played since it went to open beta ( full release when it comes to f2p games ). There are a couple things I dont like about it.

1. The Passive Tree.. It looks like there is a lot of choices but there really isnt nor does it feel like it makes you stronger. Getting +% points to damage or defenses just isnt what I call customization.

2. The camera view is terrible.. I tried playing ranged builds but it is nothing but a headache!

3. Socketing skills into your weapons and armor.. It works but I am not a fan of it.

4. Combat is slow , clunky and the animations are downright hideous.

+1

Agree with points 1 and 4 especially.
1. You prefer 1 intelligence, 2 vitality, 3 strength and 1 dexterity per level instead? you call this customization?

4. Smells like fanboy mentality to me. Combat gets much faster so that you actually feel like progressing, the animations part is totally opinion based, in my opinion animations are pretty good in both games, my friend says animations are much better in PoE, how do you say who is right?
Tried poe till lvl 25 in closed beta.

The idea of the gigantic skill tree feels awkward since it's mainly only stat boosts and unique passive abilities like extra lifesteal & such.

What really bothers me about poe is the lack of skill builds you have. I mean every character can equipt the same skill gem. Which means every character can have the exact same skill build with only a small difference in stat tree. This could lead to people using the exact same cookie cutter build for every toon. Wtf?

I think they should of added another skill tree in the game, like diablo 2's & remove the gem system. That would of fixed the clunky battle system people don't like. But then doing this would require a whole system overhaul, I don't think they'd do that.

I don't see poe having the same lifespan as d3, just because the playstyle feels slow & skill builds feel awkward. Plus having a free to play without a strong gameplay system is not enough. Overall not satisfied with the game.
Thats the best you can say, not even trying to prove me wrong?

Are you people blind, almost everyone has left d3, forums are full of hate and negativism. PoE doesn't have the flaws that d3 has, thats why i and many others prefer that game over d3. It's just disgusting to see scum posting ignorant filth about PoE in these forums.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]