Diablo® III

I played poe for a bit...

01/27/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Ringo
made me chuckle. Did the PoE gamers immediately start frothing at the mouth and raging? Are the screaming for an 'offline mode' now? That always online thing can be a pain to work with huh?

I haev no problem witht their server being overloaded or full the fact that the game is free means anyone can enter so if you don't put a deterring fee on the front before accessing the content then yeah it will garner a ton of people.
A) I do have a problem with their servers being overloaded. But i have a life, and i can go out and do stuff. Also, by the time i come back from work, t will be better.

B) What did YOU expect for free ? If i paid $60.00 i can expect to play the game. If i paid $0.00, i regard the game as a favor to me, and can be grateful for whatever time i actually can play.

P.S.: Lvl 36 Witch here, late A3 and never even had a disconnect, save for initial 30 minutes when game went open.
A) I do have a problem with their servers being overloaded. But i have a life, and i can go out and do stuff. Also, by the time i come back from work, t will be better.

B) What did YOU expect for free ? If i paid $60.00 i can expect to play the game. If i paid $0.00, i regard the game as a favor to me, and can be grateful for whatever time i actually can play.

P.S.: Lvl 36 Witch here, late A3 and never even had a disconnect, save for initial 30 minutes when game went open.

I agree completely.
The people trashing POE must have no experience with d2 or real legitimately good RPG's. I'm sorry but D3 has been a major disappointment from the first day of release(for everyone criticizing POE for server downtime, have you all forgotten error 37?).

Real legitimately good RPGs? It's just a matter of taste. We have to stop pretending there is a right and wrong here. People who trash PoE are no better than people who trash D3. Just fanboys who like to "prove" there game is best.

(I think everyone is criticizing PoE server issues just to make sure they don't get a pass on it, seeing how Blizzards's overloaded Error 37 was practically treated as Armageddon. From AAA, to Indie...you can never expect how popular you game can be, verses how much you should invest to be ready.)
again, i have played poe but i don't like it, i don't care about what specifications it has. i like a game or i don't like a game. i liked diablo2 and lod. i liked tl but not so much to little story and i liked titan quest and sacred 2, i will even like sacred 3 more. but guys you don't have to like what i like. i am having fun playing diablo 3 now, i admit act 4 is a little short. i want another act just like diablo2. but i als play skyrim and that game is totally different. i read a lot of comments on this forum. my opinion is when i like a game, i like a game. and nobody has a right to say that i am a moron to play it. neither do i have have this right. so when you like path of existence, like it and play it. but don't say it's better than diablo 3.
i just like FREE games that dont make broken promises. D3 cool when it was first out for month but then fell down the rabbit hole imo. and yes i played the hell out of this game there is nothing more that can be done with it thats all there is to this story. BTW BLUES how does it feel to have your D3 forums filled with PoE?
POE is !@#$, sorry just kidding, but why are you all so negative about diablo3 ?
01/27/2013 03:39 PMPosted by JOOP
POE is !@#$, sorry just kidding, but why are you all so negative about diablo3 ?

broken promises.
big rich company releasing a half finished game after so many delays to releaes it when "it's ready."
having a foundation of Diablo2 to bank D3 on.
game is so linear, in Diablo 2 they even had quest branching, d3 doesn't.

These are just a few things to name on a big list of why so negative abt d3.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/27/2013 3:58 PM PST
Diablo III is fine in my books. I tried PoE the other night, just not my cup of tea. I do see why other gamers are liking it, but it's a different entity compared to Diablo. If you like it better, go play it. If not, then so be it, that simple...
Proof that diablo3 is today's king of arpg? Is that any new game of this genre will always be compared to diablo3 as it is this generation yard stick in terms of arpg.

Nothings being compared to Diablo3 it's being compared to Diablo 2. Diablo3 isn't king of the arpg's Diablo2 is for now.

Lols diablo 2 is the king before yeah and and i absolutely agree but d2's reign was over, What im saying is as of today i mean "now" as in "today" diablo3 is the yard stick of arpg in this "generation" all new games in this genre will always be compared to it and that's a fact.
Edited by PeterrNorth#6428 on 1/27/2013 5:45 PM PST
poe sucks i played for a bit to it shouldnt even be on the same feild of d3
90 Draenei Shaman
Totally, REBUILD. It's not even in the same ballpark as d3. You see, PoE is actually a game.
I tried PoE while it was still in closed beta a few months back and even wasted the bit of money to keep permanent access throughout the closed beta and have kind of kept up with the changes over time.

PoE is nowhere close to being competitive with D3.

Problems with PoE include :

illusion of stat customization : big stat tree but most stat nodes are irrelevant

illusion of skill customization : any class can access any skill because skills are gems
you place into gear, and some skills are so OP they are required

bad item drops : most items are boring and upgrades are lacking, you can go 10s of player levels without finding an upgrade

poor combat engine : hit box is spooty, issues with melee and ranged combat, lacking proper engine to make you feel like you actually hit something

Dated graphics : Game looks like it should have came out 10 years ago

Weak servers : Disconnects are way too common and force you to replay content ( no checkpoint system like d3 )

Insecure playerbase : Apparently PoE fanboys are so enamored with their game that they have to spam the forums of other games about how good it is. Hey PoE fanboys if it is such a good game why aren't you busy playing it?
01/27/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Vladis
P.S.: Lvl 36 Witch here, late A3

can you help me I just made a lvl 8 witch and am totally lost, chaos innoculation looks important but what do I use for the bulk of my damage.
I tried PoE while it was still in closed beta a few months back and even wasted the bit of money to keep permanent access throughout the closed beta and have kind of kept up with the changes over time.

PoE is nowhere close to being competitive with D3.

Problems with PoE include :

illusion of stat customization : big stat tree but most stat nodes are irrelevant

illusion of skill customization : any class can access any skill because skills are gems
you place into gear, and some skills are so OP they are required

bad item drops : most items are boring and upgrades are lacking, you can go 10s of player levels without finding an upgrade

poor combat engine : hit box is spooty, issues with melee and ranged combat, lacking proper engine to make you feel like you actually hit something

Dated graphics : Game looks like it should have came out 10 years ago

Weak servers : Disconnects are way too common and force you to replay content ( no checkpoint system like d3 )

Insecure playerbase : Apparently PoE fanboys are so enamored with their game that they have to spam the forums of other games about how good it is. Hey PoE fanboys if it is such a good game why aren't you busy playing it?

I was really excited for PoE until I tried it when open beta got released. But the problems you've mentionned there makes me appreciate d3 once again. combat is just plain boring and slow in PoE imo. I realise how much polishing has been done on diablo 3 now!
I still can not believe there are people on here saying the graphics on POE are better then D3...it blows my mind. POE's graphics are VERY outdated. I mean my buddys son plays it on one of those $199 netbooks you can buy at wally world lol.
Path of Exile is completely free to download and play. We never intend to charge for content or access to the released game. In order to fund the development and continued expansion of Path of Exile, we offer a range of ethical microtransactions that allow you to distinguish yourself in the world of Wraeclast without receiving any gameplay advantage. We are completely opposed to the concept of “pay2win”.

please read this blizz
well. d3 combat keeps me play with my chars 1hour/day..... Perhaps i can get my 6cc
mempo after 10 years.

not going to try PoE tho...
You guys should really take a deep look at the POE passive tree. Youll laugh at some of the major game changing passive skills (theres not but a handfull of them on the outside of the skill web) I think all but 4 are horrible ideas and out of the 4 decent ones none make sense unless your a ranger or a mage.

The rest is just choosing what nominal boost you want.

Did you just get a badass weapon? Better hope you specced into it...tradings a pain in the !@# with no AH and most wont do it for a fair trade, and will only trade for a total ripoff deal in their favor. Youll get tons of whispers asking you to trade them that awesome gear for junk orbs however...as well as the usual beggars. And since you can make your own gear and reroll it given you have the orbs...theres not much need to trade and upgrade...

None of this compares to the clunky, unresponsive, slow, and unexciting combat. Its more tedious than exciting. This is a game where your going to want to put it down or reroll once you max out your build (granted its a viable build and you can progress past the harder difficulties)

POE hype is 99% disgruntled D2 fans wanting revenge. Its not a bad game, its just not even in the same league as D3 or TL...

I suggest you try it out, go melee, youll miss to death the epic action of D3, the fast gameplay, the fluid and quality combat mechanics that dont get in the way of you playing....and youll actually love the diversity and ease of the rune system. Top it all off with the loot you get can actually be traded in an AH while your playing, rather than standing in town spamming and filling up your ignore list with retard offers.
D3's base is pretty good cause its effect and controllable, every game has its first fresh feeling. However, after the fresh, no game can be enduring all the time.
I think Bliz's game is good enough
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]