Diablo® III

I played poe for a bit...

01/27/2013 08:18 PMPosted by xNYROx
I still can not believe there are people on here saying the graphics on POE are better then D3...it blows my mind. POE's graphics are VERY outdated. I mean my buddys son plays it on one of those $199 netbooks you can buy at wally world lol.

d3 too lol

You guys should really take a deep look at the POE passive tree. Youll laugh at some of the major game changing passive skills (theres not but a handfull of them on the outside of the skill web) I think all but 4 are horrible ideas and out of the 4 decent ones none make sense unless your a ranger or a mage.

The rest is just choosing what nominal boost you want.

Did you just get a badass weapon? Better hope you specced into it...tradings a pain in the !@# with no AH and most wont do it for a fair trade, and will only trade for a total ripoff deal in their favor. Youll get tons of whispers asking you to trade them that awesome gear for junk orbs however...as well as the usual beggars. And since you can make your own gear and reroll it given you have the orbs...theres not much need to trade and upgrade...

None of this compares to the clunky, unresponsive, slow, and unexciting combat. Its more tedious than exciting. This is a game where your going to want to put it down or reroll once you max out your build (granted its a viable build and you can progress past the harder difficulties)

POE hype is 99% disgruntled D2 fans wanting revenge. Its not a bad game, its just not even in the same league as D3 or TL...

I suggest you try it out, go melee, youll miss to death the epic action of D3, the fast gameplay, the fluid and quality combat mechanics that dont get in the way of you playing....and youll actually love the diversity and ease of the rune system. Top it all off with the loot you get can actually be traded in an AH while your playing, rather than standing in town spamming and filling up your ignore list with retard offers.

nope you just don't get what arpgs are about (at least d2 was).
not epic combat action... thats just a very little piece.
and d3 has nothing of the important parts every old diablo fan appreciates and makes you play a game for years.
that's what poe's about dude.
that's why people played d2 10 years and had fun regardless outdated graphic.
and thats why only 0,5% of d3 players left.
casuals don't have to care but real gamers do. and the forum threads show it.
Edited by Quen#2904 on 1/27/2013 10:19 PM PST
people have been playing PoE almost a year before open beta so they know everything about the game, including me. The end game of PoE is really amazing and beats D3 by far. The skill tree is also amazing and the skill system, support gem is really genius. Personally i have never seen people flame on D3 for no reason, most of the time it is when a butthurt D3 player says really immature things and then the PoE community reacts
Path of Exile give you a sense of progression through the item and passive skill meta game that is otherwise entirely non-existent in Diablo III.
poe is better just played it and love dit tought server is down for maintenance.
yeep poes graphics can be played on !@#$ty computers and still are btter then d3s in my opinion..
I still can not believe there are people on here saying the graphics on POE are better then D3...it blows my mind. POE's graphics are VERY outdated. I mean my buddys son plays it on one of those $199 netbooks you can buy at wally world lol.

You must be playing on said wally world netbook. Because on full AA and such PoE looks pretty damn good. And really, really, grim.

Ya know, kinda like D3 should have been?

quoting myself from page 19.
yeah... graphics
PoE inside a prison:
http://i.imgur.com/F4VKC6a.jpg

Diablo 3 inside a prison:
http://s.sk-gaming.com/image/image/d6802efcc545e989x.jpg

CLEARLY.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/27/2013 11:13 PM PST
01/25/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Malevo
Poe is new and people will have fun while it is fresh. Diablo 3 was the same way when it was first released. The question is how good will poe be compared to diablo 3 once people have played through its content a thousand times as they have with diablo 3.

Hah, at least Diablo 3 was fun for me up to lv 60 and quite a bit of time afterwards. I'm 5 hours into PoE and feel bored already.
I suppose I'll wait until the servers are made more stable because this sucks.

P.S. Yeah, I know, beta and all that, but damn!

Better than playing Diablo 3 the first few months, oh IAS looks good, buy, nerf patch, well that was pointless.

or how about ninja ghom buff, or ninja nerf and death of hardcore ppl playing hardcore, or ninja buff natalya's set for 3discipline/sec lmao
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/27/2013 11:44 PM PST
people must be blind...when you talk about graphics...just don't look at the resolution of the textures d**basses lol... yes textures in PoE are sharper... but...

atmosphere, ambiance, details, scenery, music, background sounds, effects, physics, animations, depths in the field of view.
(take act 3, tower of the damned or stonefort for example)

there's not much of that in PoE lol. Only a bunch of 3d objetcs randomly put togheter (very random levels, remember) without any cohesion... it feels empty, boring and lifeless. I'm in act 2 and i've not seen any special things in the world yet. No houses, castle, fort...nothing special. just flat terrain, trees, rock, tents...once in a while.
when graphic is your first criteria you shouldn´t even consider to play games like this...play BF3...

I stopped playing d3 since 3 Month and i will not come back to it for a long time... in the end the "average" graphic of Diablo3 did not gave me any motivation...

i Play PoE (level 8 i know not really far) and i think the skilltree + the gems will keep me busy for some time, we will see what i can do in the endgame, hard to say, but the skilltree and the gems show 5x more deepness then diablo ever could...

the biggest thing where diablo3 sucks is the AH and the Dropquality...i think its easy for PoE to make this things better...
Edited by shokomann#2484 on 1/28/2013 12:41 AM PST
Yes, PoE's graphics (including enviroments, monsters, players, portals, etc. etc.) are a big joke - something like 2001-2003 graphics, but there is no shiny and pastelate graphics like in D3 (i' m using DarkD3 filter to make D3 darker because I hate those pastels...). Also, they've copied the Den of Evil quest + The Butcher :))))))

BUT loot system, skill alocation tree, gems, PVP + end-game rewards are a lot better than D3 and this is all that matters for me and for a lot of my ex D3 friends.

So, what if D3 implemented some of these good things and ideas with their graphic and know-how? Could D3 be the game we expected?
Edited by AH1N1#2289 on 1/28/2013 1:24 AM PST
After playing PoE a bit more tonight, it seems to me it's D3 that has the "cartoon" like graphics in comparison. I actually prefer PoE's graphics over D3's, seems a little more dark to me.

Those who also complained about the fluidity of battle.. I was one of those people who complained as well that PoE's battle seemed clunky compared to D3. After I added enough attack speed, it no longer felt clunky.. it actually feels smoother than D3.

IMO, the only thing D3 has on PoE at the moment is it's music.
i've said it before and i'll say it again: imagine what poe could have been if they had D3's budget.

now recall what D3 became with D3's budget.
PoE is what D3 should have been.

PoE is better in everything.

Compared to PoE, D3 is just an easy Mainstream game.

If D3 wouldve been PoE like, maaan that wouldve been a nice game.
Yeah Antiskum im 100% with you...10 Year, millions of $ and i guess a big fat experienced Team and they f... up like this ^^ I want a Combination of D3, PoE, TL Game...

they should stop to try to improve d3 and work on a diablo4 with real deepness...

they had so much time but many things are so unfinished...Crafting? PvP? Itemization?

what did they do in this 10 years really?

i wish PoE all the best, i hope they can update their Graphic engine asap and get the Game to the next level...
After playing PoE a bit more tonight, it seems to me it's D3 that has the "cartoon" like graphics in comparison. I actually prefer PoE's graphics over D3's, seems a little more dark to me.

Those who also complained about the fluidity of battle.. I was one of those people who complained as well that PoE's battle seemed clunky compared to D3. After I added enough attack speed, it no longer felt clunky.. it actually feels smoother than D3.

IMO, the only thing D3 has on PoE at the moment is it's music.

Obvious fanboy. It's possible to play games unbiased.

PoE is what D3 should have been.

PoE is better in everything.

Compared to PoE, D3 is just an easy Mainstream game.

If D3 wouldve been PoE like, maaan that wouldve been a nice game.

You already have a "POE," why don't you play it?

Yes, PoE's graphics (including enviroments, monsters, players, portals, etc. etc.) are a big joke - something like 2001-2003 graphics, but there is no shiny and pastelate graphics like in D3 (i' m using DarkD3 filter to make D3 darker because I hate those pastels...). Also, they've copied the Den of Evil quest + The Butcher :))))))

BUT loot system, skill alocation tree, gems, PVP + end-game rewards are a lot better than D3 and this is all that matters for me and for a lot of my ex D3 friends.

So, what if D3 implemented some of these good things and ideas with their graphic and know-how? Could D3 be the game we expected?

Graphics aren't unbearable. My only problem is the lack of animations. Combat looks horrid.

when graphic is your first criteria you shouldn´t even consider to play games like this...play BF3...

I stopped playing d3 since 3 Month and i will not come back to it for a long time... in the end the "average" graphic of Diablo3 did not gave me any motivation...

i Play PoE (level 8 i know not really far) and i think the skilltree + the gems will keep me busy for some time, we will see what i can do in the endgame, hard to say, but the skilltree and the gems show 5x more deepness then diablo ever could...

the biggest thing where diablo3 sucks is the AH and the Dropquality...i think its easy for PoE to make this things better...

Sorry, there's nothing deep about that "passive" skill tree.
Gems are cool, but most ideas are rehashed. Nothing original.

u mad fanboy?

We're just telling it how it is.
PoE does everything real Diablo 2 fans expected from Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 sucks period, the only ones defending it never played any other ARPGs.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]