Diablo® III

I played poe for a bit...

I am through act2 now and must say that at least

art & style POE is superior to diablo3
and of course the character customization. the passive tree is fun up until now
and I can make one elemental mage and roll another mage just to make him summoner instead of leveling a mage once and flipping him around every 5 minutes.

It is amazing that this little company managed to develop a better diablo than blizzard.

Diablo3 is no diablo because it not the same developer than the real diablo titles (1+2)
its just some random pickup-devs who were allowed to put blizzard and diablo on the box and if it wasnt for that no one would talk about the game anymore.

You were drunk when you played the game ? Graphics is crap. It's more like D1 rather than d2

You were drunk when you played the game ? Graphics is crap. It's more like D1 rather than d2

art & style meaning gritty, dark and horror vs bubbely, cute, cartoony my little pony style
90 Draenei Shaman

Another person who hasn't played PoE. There are several threads not mentioning PoE for you to post in, until you get a clue, dear sir.
+1, i'm a too PoE player but D3 also has something interest: DH with OLD set, as example.
01/28/2013 02:34 AMPosted by Sivlon
Diablo 3 sucks period, the only ones defending it never played any other ARPGs.

+1

everybody defending d3 can´t be taken serious...there is just NO SENCE playing D3 anymore...

Another person who hasn't played PoE. There are several threads not mentioning PoE for you to post in, until you get a clue, dear sir.

Lvl 22 Witch
Lvl 17 Templar

All the maps in the game are lacking detail. Graphic details. Objects ..etc ... very poor detail. Also, when my withc casts firestorm she does some animation like having some bone issues, not beeing able to move. look at the graphics better then talk.

POE = D1 maybe D2(d2 had really nice dungeons .. kurast,andariel) with some extra effects ... thats about it.
Well, both games have some pros and cons and for me I like D3 combat system and POE customization and itemization. How can you compare them between a F2P game and a 60$ game? It doesn't make sense, right?
Edited by Crazy6a3er#6296 on 1/28/2013 4:15 AM PST
01/28/2013 04:14 AMPosted by Crazy6a3er
Well, both games have some pros and cons and for me I like D3 combat system and POE customization and itemization. How can you compare them between a F2P game and a 60$ game? It doesn't make sense, right?

the problem with the 60$ is that we hoped more for that money. If d3 was f2p the game would have been praised by 100.000.000 people. Because it costs money is getting trashed by 1.000.000 people. Another problem is that game mechanics are outdated are weak and the market showed that it can be better but they didn't change it.
DIII has fun, incredible, simple, visceral combat. That's really ALL it has, but this is obviously one of the most important parts of an ARPG, or should be. I should also mention (though I REALLY don't care) that the graphics and level of detail are better in D3. One more reason for GGG to let you zoom out a bit more.

PoE has a more interesting plot, better music and voice acting. More interesting skill design, even before you consider all the mods, actual character customization, and items you can actually create builds around. Honestly, I wish we could take the two and put it all into one game...
Edited by Guybrush#1585 on 1/28/2013 4:29 AM PST
01/28/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Guybrush
DIII has fun, incredible, simple, visceral combat. That's really ALL it has, but this is obviously one of the most important parts of an ARPG, or should be.

no that's one of the most important parts of an action game. not roleplaying.
Hmmm it only took 70k people to crash the POE servers on the 27th? Are all 70k fans in this thread? Jeez, I hope they upgrade for their futures sake. 70k cap is not near enough to put a dent in Blizzards titan sadly.

Hope they do better.

I have not played my account in almost a month and i regret donating so much to them honestly. All my 500 got me was a Gold supporter status and a huge disappointment. I thinkmy favorite thing was the skill tree but honestly it was kind of Final Fantasy-like.

The end game maps were ok but got old fast and map hunting was even more dumb then legendary hunting in D3 in my opinion.

I might go back when they get a bigger community of americans. 70k is just a waste of time right now on a game having huge funding issues still.
01/28/2013 04:17 AMPosted by KinU

the problem with the 60$ is that we hoped more for that money. If d3 was f2p the game would have been praised by 100.000.000 people. Because it costs money is getting trashed by 1.000.000 people. Another problem is that game mechanics are outdated are weak and the market showed that it can be better but they didn't change it.

Then you should wait and play other games since Jay has been moved to other project and lets hope the new director cares more about this community. I think what we are currently playing is not real Diablo 3.(Jayblo 3 I assume lol) Just give them some time and maybe eventually it will become a real D3 :)
I only wish that D3 was PoE, or that PoE was D3,

A fusion would be just a nearly Perfect ARPG.
01/28/2013 04:37 AMPosted by xNYROx
Hmmm it only took 70k people to crash the POE servers on the 27th? Are all 70k fans in this thread? Jeez, I hope they upgrade for their futures sake. 70k cap is not near enough to put a dent in Blizzards titan sadly.

what do you think how many ppl play d3 ? 5million? lol...i think its more like 150-200k worldwide...
01/25/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Malevo
Despite my own reluctance deciding how to judge poe it is funny to see everyone in global chat talk crap about diablo 3 and act like poe is some sort of amazing game when in reality these people are rocking level 5 toons and haven't really played through the entire game yet.

HAHA! from my own PoE experience, one of my favorite parts of loading it up, was immediately seeing people talk smack about D3. Granted, I first played this game when I was mad at Diablo, but it still makes me laugh to see people playing ANOTHER dungeon grinder just because D3 isn't up to their standards
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]