Diablo® III

I played poe for a bit...

01/25/2013 10:53 AMPosted by allinballin
Poe i think no one really plays they just chat and stream krip typing /ladder

What's a "krip typing /ladder"?

I turned global chat off a long time ago in PoE and I suggest everyone do the same. There are always going to be spammers, flamers, and other self-important idiots who play these games. I've seen more than my share playing D3 and PoE's global chat is not much worse. Just turn off global chat and play the game.
POE is clunky, not very polished, and no where near the smooth graphics of D3. But what it did bring back is that feeling of planning your character skill tree. That tweeking that eats up hours of time as you try a unique direction. Items in the game are not the be-all-end-all. You can find a cool item and then tweak it to fit your needs. You can upgrade items...there are so many little "tweaking" things you can do that the Dev's at D3 forgot about from D2. I have played the beta for about 3 months now, and just got wiped to make all new toons in this next beta phase....and you know what, I dont mind. I look forward to trying a whole new direction this time out.
And if I had one last point it would be how nice it feels to NOT look at my gold pile. There is NO money in the game, NO auction house, NO need for it either. Wahoooo.
Would these PoE players pay sixty dollars for that game...discuss amongst yerselfs
No, because it is free.
PoE is a breath of fresh air in the genre ....

D3 team should take good look at this game and learn some things which were not new to them but which they chose to ignore or simply did not think the majority of players would like to have in the game or they just thought of us as cattle :) lol it's blizzard is good!!! not this time and there is little hope in any D3 expansion which will just feed more rubbish into the already steaming heap that is D3.

Short of a total RE-DO D3 will just whimper and be known only for the spectacular let down that it is for all the true fans of this game.

HB
POE is clunky, not very polished, and no where near the smooth graphics of D3. But what it did bring back is that feeling of planning your character skill tree. That tweeking that eats up hours of time as you try a unique direction. Items in the game are not the be-all-end-all

Jay Wilson was 100% right about the "illusion" of build diversity, (I wonder how maybe people will read past that phrase...) but Daiblo 3 and it's haters have proven that it doesn't matter. People can have just as much fun playing make-believe, and some actually prefer it. Even if in the end when the smoke clears, months after PoE's offical "release" and all the end game builds are common knowledge, there might not be a huge difference is the amount of "viable" builds between both games. But people still have fun, traveling the skill tree to theorycraft...even if most of them are just +10 Str/Int/Dex. Everyone has an inner munchkin that must min-max.

I'm giving the game a try as well(it's free, how can you not) and clunky/lacking polish are the big ones. Combat almost feels painful compared to Diablo 3. Plus the tighter overhead view is a little to restrictive. Makes ranged characters feel less fun

PoE however, is getting itemization right and just illustrates what Diablo 3 did wrong. I could care less about picking how your base stats increase every level, but if when they decided to tie weapon DPS directly to ability damage plus have a Primary Stat that each class gets a DPS bonus from, that right there will pigeon hole and trap itemization in Diablo 3 in it's current stat.

That's really the main problem with D3's itemization. They are trying to use Diablo 2/PoE style itemization in a totally different game where it just doesn't fit. Diablo 3 has to go back to it's roots, or have a DRASTICALLY different system. Going half-way like they have tried won't work for the long run.

01/25/2013 04:05 PMPosted by HiggsBoson
PoE is a breath of fresh air in the genre ....

No...Diablo 3 was the breath of fresh air. PoE is that old, dank, and musty, but familiar smell.
Edited by Connatic#1376 on 1/25/2013 4:29 PM PST
01/25/2013 11:42 AMPosted by NeLLy
sure you can, im proud of you buddy... i dont consider japanese a language but bunch of construction on a paper when its written out... sorry...

Geez, I had to log in to this piece of !@#$ forum, just to let you know how bad I feel for your parents and any other person that has to deal with you on a day to day basis.

I'm guessing you're unemployed, living at your parents' house, and chronically choking your chicken because no self-respecting woman would come near you.

POE is a sweet game, and the funny thing is: it's still in beta. It may be a couple more years before it is ready for total release and the devs are planning on 6-9 total acts. Not to mention, they make meaningful patches to the game, and respond promptly to their fanbase.

I enjoyed D3 while I could, but its itemization does not have longevity.

PS Nelly, if you're intelligent enough to understand, speak, write THREE languages, you would be intelligent and cognisant enough to type out well-worded, meaningful posts, whether they are "important" or not.

Obvious troll is obvious.
01/25/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Vindicator
Geez, I had to log in to this piece of !@#$ forum

You know...clicking Ignore for a Troll poster doesn't help when everyone still quotes his posts and responds to him. I wish it would auto ignore anyone who clicks the quote button on a person I have Ignored...that would rock.
And if wishes were fishes, you'd smell like $hit
whats poe
path of exile ?
Try POE it a really good game. I'm going to tell you some of there cool stuff that they have diablo 3 doesn't

Many combination of skills, Different gear sets, Even the potions are unique they have different qualities, You can reroll stats on items (even socets) There 2 kind of skill set 1 is required using a gem. 2nd there a skill tree like diablo 2 (it more of a stat system mixed with skills ex str 30 + 30% maximum hp) and hey if you pick the wrong skill set you can use Respec points to delete them! and exchange for another skill that you want! That sick.

The only downside to that game is diablo3 has a better loot system. Diablo3 has individual loots. While PoE items (shared loots) are every person for themselves, in parties if you have good real life friends to play with that shouldn't be a problem because it labeled by names of who get what first.

The best part about the game is theres NO GOLD. They use a barter system by using items. To get whatever you want that what so freaking uniquely great about it. Its not money hungry like diablo 3.

Diablo 2 had a moderators speaking to you. PoE has the same things if you need help there mod that able to help you.. not just 1 mod like 10. Heck maybe more!

LOL d2jsp was a rip off, people used real money to buy forum gold in order to aquire diablo 2 items... instead of people just trading in the game without using any forum gold

Diablo 3 = auction house. THEY DO THE SAME THING! Are you seriously comparing diablo 2 to that site? People buying items and gold I mean seriously. If anything that site was like an AH.
Edited by johnny#1658 on 2/25/2013 6:17 AM PST
POE is an absolute POS couldnt even get it to load to play it...made by noobs for noobs i suppose
POE is looking good to me in term of everything except combat and combat fluidity.

For those casuals who want good graphic and combat without any thoughts on itemisation, character building, skill tiers, end-game content(not endless act 3 run), D3 is a good choice.
POE is looking good to me in term of everything except combat and combat fluidity.

For those casuals who want good graphic and combat without any thoughts on itemisation, character building, skill tiers, end-game content(not endless act 3 run), D3 is a good choice.

POE is NOOB trash dude
PoE isn't new lol, it JUST went into open beta...

the games been in closed beta for ever, and there's already people level 50+ 60+ 70 +

path of exile is exactly what everyone expected d3 to be; diablo 2 with HD graphics.

diablo 3 is for casuals who don't play for months then come back and spend 15-20$ on " Auction House 3 the return of the casual " and gold farming companies who just bot all day on like 50-100+ accounts.

PoE skill lay out is 1000x better.. you can be a f'ing witch ( basically the sorc ) and use a 2h axe and imbue it with fire damage and beat zombies down while you resurrect their corpses into your own zombies .

have you pressed P yet while playing PoE? I almost died when I realized how much depth there is to this game, and how much getting that next level actually means. unlike auction house 3 when you level your screen just goes crazy for a second then tell yous to fck yourself for wasting your time on the game.

monster density is insane, there isnt like 1 or 2 guys every now and then, i find myself dying at level 10 some times cause rare packs of like 30-40 are beating on me while im trying to take out everyone i can with my big !@# sword and fire storms while keeping my zombies summoned

tldr; PoE > Auction house 3 return of the casual
tried it, was horrible. I'll rather just play back d2 than that trashy d2clone wannabe.
lol
Edited by johnny#1658 on 2/25/2013 6:16 AM PST
01/25/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Clëan
The question is how good will poe be compared to diablo 3 once people have played through its content a thousand times as they have with diablo 3.

The answer is yes because the game has insane replayability... with all the customization and that huge skill tree you could find yourself playing a lot trying to find new gear to..... get this... PVP. If they mess up their build they have to make a new character all over again. Much more thought goes into playing PoE with all the different things to think of and D3 is pretty much faceroll.

Forcing someone to have to relevel because they didn't put 12 hours of research into their character before playing is not replay. Thats a stupid, antiquated system. For that alone I will not touch PoE with a 10ft pole. Its just !@#$ing dumb.
@ Baaalzamon - Ballz in mouth

The only reason why is loading forever is because its in BETA!! its not even the full game yet. Still look at how many people want to try it out.

First of all dude ...!@#$ you....second it isnt much of a game if it crashes on login beta or not...POE is a poorly designed piece of noob trash and u fit right into that crowd...keep sucking the fat ones...thas what u do best
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]