Diablo® III

Free Gear and Advice for *NEW* Players!

Update 6/2/13

I personally am very rarely on these days, so people looking to use this service may be better served by adding any one other than myself. Good luck to all!

Update 2/7/13

Some people have added me, and I will do my best to help those out. However, I'm recently a dad, so even if I'm online I may be AFK, and when I am online, its pretty much my only chance to play this game so I may not be as quick to respond as others willing to help. That being said, still feel free to add me and I will do my best at juggling game time and advice time for you new players.

Original Post

Recently someone posted the ever present "I need help" thread and I replied to it. He ended up adding me in game, he was probably close to lvl 45 at the time. The thought popped in my mind that I would collect decent gear for him that I would otherwise vendor and give it to him for free once he hit 60.

Most of us day1/day2/first week players know, decent gear is out there that most of us probably vendor/salvage cause it won't net us anything on the AH. Personally I don't find it worthwhile to have a 500k item clogging up an available auction slot, I'd rather vendor it.

Anyways if any newb (yes a real newb, not just to the class) needs help post here and I'll try to help you. I probably can only collect enough gear for 1 person as I keep multiple items for each slot and let you decide which to use/vendor/salvage/whatever with.

Of course other barbs are welcome to post below if you all would like to join in on this. Its pretty interesting (for me at least) to see the good gear that would be worth a TON during the first few weeks of this game become vendor food these days.

Those that request this help, add us in game and refer to this thread in the friend request. Also, I personally am not looking for anything in return (gold, power leveling etc) just trying to help people out.

PLEASE refer to this thread when friend requesting so we know why we are getting this request instead of thinking its possibly spam. *ALSO* Remind us if you see us online who you are and why we are friends. I have added quite a few players and I just can't keep up with all the names, and neither can the other players. Thanks!

Edit:

Available barbs:

RagingKoala #1984
SoLidAlvi #1156
RazorX #2330
MooseJuice #1132
Urbnopr8r #1660
Danny #1881
Punxx #1191
MasterPUA #6728
PikkaGTR #1676
YDFWM #6389
Memories #1812
ThePlow #1851
SantaDeath #1868
MWGrun #1420
HellBoy #6795
TimPam #6231
Thumbz #1173
Broski #1807
Edited by Hercules#1104 on 6/2/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Free gear? Count me in =D Good idea, ill start saving some of my more mediocre stuff to give out also.

Right now all I have of any use to a barb is a 300th spear,

975DPS
1.33 APS
129 str
11%ias
4% red melee
49% ancient spear and weapon throw
***NO socket***
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 1/20/2013 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 12:11 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Free gear? Count me in =D Good idea, ill start saving some of my more mediocre stuff to give out also.

Sweet, everyone that replies to save gear I'm going to post the battletag and such on the original post
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
count me in
Reply Quote
Count me in i got 2-3 strenght firewalkers in my stash some cc/cd rings and weps. I will post the screenshots when i get the time prolly 2-3 hours from now.

BT: RazorX#2330
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 1/21/2013 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
I definately fall in the category of needing upgrades, so I can't afford to give away gear.... However in terms of helping/rushing I'm available to help newer folks. Completely for this idea, so if helping someone's progression is something this thread is for, add me to the list.

Urbnopr8r#1660
Edited by Urbnopr8r#1660 on 1/21/2013 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
this is a fantastic idea, this is what the community is supposed to be like. my barb is at 49 and just got to A4 on NM. i got tired of playing my wiz (which is nothing special) so i rolled a barb. so far i don't think i'm going back to my wiz any time soon lol.
if anyone would be so kind as to toss some gear my way that'd be much appreciated. to this day the most gold i've had is about 130k (dont judge me monkey lol) so pretty much anything is appreciated.
in return all i can really offer is if anyone wants to start a new toon i'd be happy to power level them as far as i can
hit me up at Cronus#1354
thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
@Lord, when are you going to start collecting the gears? need to free some slots in my stash. damn, if we could only add more tab to our stash all those gears i gave away would have help this guys a ton.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 1/22/2013 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Lord, when are you going to start collecting the gears? need to free some slots in my stash. damn, if we could only add more tab to our stash all those gears i gave away would have help this guys.

I've been saving a few pieces here and there. I try not to overload my stash while doing runs. I think I have maybe 4 pieces in there currently to donate to someone.

Out of curiosity, how do people run out of room the their stash? I only run w/one character so maybe that's why you guys run out of room?
Reply Quote
Cronus what times do you usually play? I'm at work currently, however I can play in the evenings on east coast hours.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Festisio
Cronus what times do you usually play? I'm at work currently, however I can play in the evenings on east coast hours.

i'm in the same time zone as Edmonton AB, right now it's 8:26am. I work from 6pm to 230am 7 days a week. i usually stay up after work til about 6am'ish (or in cases like tonight prolly closer to 9am) or if can be on during the day if i'm needed
Reply Quote
Unfortunately our work schedules differ too much. I'll only be able to help you on the weekends, which is fine with me.
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
View profile
Have an archon armor, no sockets, 194 vitality, 94 str, 85 dex, 77 AR, 77 Light res. and 700+ armor. Free of course.

Also a non crit stormshield, 1191 armor, 31% block.

A warmonger (2H sword)1.19 APS, 1268 DPS, 144 str, 207 vita, 1886 LOH and 5.8 LS.

And for any starter barbs (lvl 16-30 approx.) a Broken crown (helm) 26str, 22 vita, 4% IAS, +9 exp per kill, and an open socket
Reply Quote
Great idea guys & girls and Well done as a community :D

Unfortunately I cant afford to join in the fun since I am broke my self :P and trying to pimp my barb :D but good luck and keep up the good spirit :D
Edited by Unleasher#2312 on 1/23/2013 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]