Diablo® III

Free Gear and Advice for *NEW* Players!

Hi, it’s been a long time since i last played Diablo 3 (July 2012 if im correct), other games, job, life and whatnot.

I know stuff changed a lot and since im looking to play again i was looking for tips in gearing my barb.

Im not sure how much gold i have at the moment but any tips where to farm for loot or some stuff to sell in the AH or even vendor at my current equip lvl.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CmdrFail-1532/hero/177898

Last time i played was doing Inferno Act 1 alone, just the church though.

Was really having fun with the 2H Barb as doing Big hits was cool, in the other hand, loved the fast pace of the monk and it seems the WW Barb can do something like that.

Anyways, thanks for any input you might give.
Reply Quote
Hi,
This is my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/blackreality-1401/hero/31104801

Can you help in pointing out what i have to upgrade or change?. I definitely know one among them is the weapon since i have no LS on my weapon. I wanna go mp5 or above. Can you please help me out?
Yeah i am planning to buy lacuni for bracers.. Need your help in getting the most DPS.

I think what you need now is better survival first. DPS can come later once you have your "base" set up. Your resist is way too low. You need to have at least 400 AR without War Cry. If you can get to 500 - 600 AR, you can drop War Cry for a different skill.

Nerves of Steel is also a bad passive if you don't have really high Vitality (like 1,500 - 2000).

Change to an IK belt. They're very cheap. Tal Rasha's are bad.

If you wish to use Blackthorne's pants, you should find one with AR and/or high Vit/Str roll. Don't bother with the sockets.

AR on the Fire Walkers. Pickup radius should be moved to belt or shoulders.

Would recommend you look for an Echoing Fury with Str, +0.24/0.25 APS, socket and LS (DPS doesn't matter much) to replace your current off hand.

Together with a 9 ias Lacuni, you would have enough ias to hit the 2.23 APS breakpoint in WotB.

Anyone mind taking another quick look at my WW barb gear? I made some purchases. I am still using a 2 hander. I can move to 1h'ers but man they are pricey for that damage and CD...

Also I think I need more movement speed and IAS. I have some 12 speed boots that are really only short 50 STR compared to the boots in my profile. I just dont have them equipped as I dont think they help until you get like 24 movement speed.

Nerves of Steel = bad without a lot of Vitality. Use Tough as Nails if you need the Armor.

Paper DPS is not everything. It's just a rough guide -- not an accurate representation of how much damage you can really do. The more movement speed you have, the more nados you leave behind (assuming your Sprint RLTW is always active).

With your current gear, I think you would perform better with a HotA/Rend build. You can consider switching over first while you save up more gold for your wwnado gear.

Hi, it’s been a long time since i last played Diablo 3 (July 2012 if im correct), other games, job, life and whatnot.

I know stuff changed a lot and since im looking to play again i was looking for tips in gearing my barb.

Im not sure how much gold i have at the moment but any tips where to farm for loot or some stuff to sell in the AH or even vendor at my current equip lvl.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CmdrFail-1532/hero/177898

Last time i played was doing Inferno Act 1 alone, just the church though.

Was really having fun with the 2H Barb as doing Big hits was cool, in the other hand, loved the fast pace of the monk and it seems the WW Barb can do something like that.

Anyways, thanks for any input you might give.

If you have <1mil gold, I would suggest you drop down to Nightmare or Hell MP10 and farm some gold (e.g. Keep Depths 2 runs -- you might get lucky with Legendary drops like Buriza or Homunculus).

You can read up about the current builds at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848 -- I think the HotA/Rend build is more to your liking since you like 2H and big hits. If you prefer the faster farming speed of wwnado, you will need to use 1H.

If you can catch me online (probably over the weekend), I may have some gear for you. You can also try adding some of the guys on the first post.
Reply Quote
can someone tell me what to upgrade? I can spend up to 100m for 1 piece.
Reply Quote
Thanks, ill try to farm hell in MP 10 and see if i can get any better gear.

Hopefully i wont get destroyed
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I haven't played this game since June and i'm looking for advice on what i should upgrade first on my barb and where are the best spot to farm. I'm currently act 2 Inferno and i have 2 millions to spend.

Ps : here's the link to my armory http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/moneymaker-1537/hero/766667

Any tips are really appreciate, thanks!
Reply Quote
Hey,

Can someone recommend where I should be farming and if my next upgrade should be off AH/crafting/hellfire?

Right now I'm doing a3 mp1 for exp, key runs at mp5 and ubers at 7-8 <3 CM wizards.
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I haven't played this game since June and i'm looking for advice on what i should upgrade first on my barb and where are the best spot to farm. I'm currently act 2 Inferno and i have 2 millions to spend.

Ps : here's the link to my armory http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/moneymaker-1537/hero/766667

Any tips are really appreciate, thanks!

You should be able to get the following for ~1m gold budget to start off your wwnado (2.0 APS with WotB active).

Andariel's Visage (9 ias, 10% or less Fire damage taken)
Lacuni Prowlers (9 ias, Str or Vit)
Rare Mace (Str, chd and/or LS, above 900 DPS, socket optional)
Echoing Fury (150+ Str, +0.24/0.25 APS, LS, socket optional)
Rare Gloves (crit chance and crit damage) or Immortal King's glove (10 crit chance)
Rare Amulet and Rings (crit chance preferably with Average Damage and either Vit or Str)
Immortal King's belt (3% Life Steal, 180+ Str)
Chest (Str, ~150+ Vit, 65+ AR, sockets optional)
Pants (Str, ~150+ Vit, 65+ AR, sockets optional)
Shoulders (200+ Str, 100+ Vit, 65+ AR, Life % optional)
Boots -- Immortal King's boots (if you are not using the IK gloves and want the IK 2-piece bonus), else Fire Walkers (65+ AR) or rare boots with AR and 12% movement speed

For MP0, you should be fine with about 35k Life. War Cry Impunity is needed if you have low AR with budget pieces (< 500 AR). Would be great if you can get 3 source of LS (belt + 2 weapons or belt + weapon + Bloodthirst passive).

Don't buy everything at one go. Buy a few pieces, put them on and check your stats. e.g. If you're low on Vit, adjust next few pieces accordingly.

Look into crafting your own Vit shoulders and Str amulet when you have the fund.

If you see me in-game, I may have some starter Inferno gear you can use.
Reply Quote
Hey,

Can someone recommend where I should be farming and if my next upgrade should be off AH/crafting/hellfire?

Right now I'm doing a3 mp1 for exp, key runs at mp5 and ubers at 7-8 <3 CM wizards.

Craft a new amulet. Your crit chance is pretty borderline.

You will also need to get another 12% movement speed.

Use http://www.d3rawr.com/d to see how far off you are from your next wwnado breakpoint (be sure to add the WotB and Batter Rage buffs under "Active Skills").
Reply Quote
hey guys I've been playing a little bit and was looking to upgrade my barbarian.
What should I upgrade first and how much will it cost or how much gold should I get before upgrading?
Reply Quote
thank man, i really appreciate that you took some of your time to help me!
Reply Quote
hey guys I've been playing a little bit and was looking to upgrade my barbarian.
What should I upgrade first and how much will it cost or how much gold should I get before upgrading?

You are just 10 ias away from 2.5 APS breakpoint with WotB. Upgrading to a 9 ias Mempo or 8 ias ring plus another 9 ias from the glove or other ring would get you there.

I would save up some gold for weapons with socket. That's where you'll get the most DPS increase at the moment.

After that I'd look into getting more AR and Str on the shoulders, chest and pants.

Buying cheap gear would mean you need to replace them more often. Sometimes the price difference between a decent item and a good item is just a few hundred k or 1-2mil. It's usually better to save up and buy the good one. Decent items usually have no resale value.
Reply Quote
Hi OP,

Do you still give advise to newbie?

I'm not new but still lack of game knowledge and low-end, lol. My situation is if I use a Skorn I get 85k sheet DPS but not fill to my current WW build, if I switch to DW, sheet DPS down to 60k :( . Mainly due to insufficient budget.

So if a right build for low speed 2H'er will be appriecated :)
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 10:30 PMPosted by WCLee

From what I have gathered is that using a 2 hander is best suited for a rend/hammer of the ancients build. I'm not too familiar with that particular build so hopefully someone else on here could help ya out!
Reply Quote
Hi OP,

Do you still give advise to newbie?

I'm not new but still lack of game knowledge and low-end, lol. My situation is if I use a Skorn I get 85k sheet DPS but not fill to my current WW build, if I switch to DW, sheet DPS down to 60k :( . Mainly due to insufficient budget.

Here is a basic HotA/Rend build for your current set-up w/Skorn:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZcQRP!ZY!YYZZYc

Overpower: Killing Spree can be swapped to Sprint: Marathon if you are already 1HKO-ing white mobs without it and would prefer the faster movement speed. Use the HotA: Smash rune if you're mainly killing elites/bosses.

For wwnado, you need to remember that sheet DPS does not accurately reflect your actual DPS when running wwnado. Your actual DPS output is usually 3 - 10 times higher. If you wish to build a good wwnado barb, you should stop looking at the sheet DPS and use a web calculator like www.d3rawr.com/d to check your tDPS and breakpoints.

To quote DAKKON:
02/27/2013 04:32 PMPosted by DAKKON
That said, Skorn DTWW builds are big budget builds (gear worth in the billions).

As you've found out, budget builds shouldn't use Skorn for wwnado. It may give you a nice sheet DPS but you will have trouble hitting the higher breakpoints and sustaining WotB because you don't have the high-end gear to support it.
Reply Quote
Thanks LordZeus & Eclipse. Your answers save me a lot of time from searching useful information :)
Reply Quote
Just wanted to say thanks to YDFWM and his friend for the help and items, and to Hellboy for his help as well.

The way you guys helped me as soon as I added you as friends was just awesome!!!!

[EDIT] Also just fyi I'm level 30 so if you have any spare gear for leveling or beginner stuff for when I hit 60 then feel free to donate to the Druz1 Relief Fund.... thx!!
Edited by Druz1#1126 on 3/1/2013 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
can one of you smart ppl look at my barb and see what I can do to improve what I have.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:32 AMPosted by RomeyOne1968
can one of you smart ppl look at my barb and see what I can do to improve what I have.

Not sure what is your budget, but if you only have 1-2m, you can refer to what I posted above on what to look for in a starter wwnado gear.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

This is a great thread for new players and for those who haven't play D3 for a long time and want to come back.

So far I have around 50 millions golds to spend, would you please give me some advices about which gears I should upgrade first? Thanks alot, I do appreciate your help.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Oniserin-1624/hero/26365844
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

This is a great thread for new players and for those who haven't play D3 for a long time and want to come back.

So far I have around 50 millions golds to spend, would you please give me some advices about which gears I should upgrade first? Thanks alot, I do appreciate your help.

Here are a few things you can look into:
- Crafting Vit shoulders and Str amulets
- Upgrade to a better SoJ (non-barb cold SoJ are cheap)
- Socket on that EF
- chc Lacuni (you may have a hard time replacing the AR if you do swap)

MH is 5 ias away from 2.23 APS while OH is 15 ias away from 2.86 APS. Would be expensive to get those ias on the IK gloves and Unity ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]