Diablo® III

Free Gear and Advice for *NEW* Players!

Here are a few things you can look into:
- Crafting Vit shoulders and Str amulets
- Upgrade to a better SoJ (non-barb cold SoJ are cheap)
- Socket on that EF
- chc Lacuni (you may have a hard time replacing the AR if you do swap)

Thanks Eclipse, regarding your advices, I would like to ask a few things:
- is the + fury on the SOJ less important than high % to elite?
- which options should I look into when I craft the Vit shoulders?
- it's nearly impossible to get good EF (high dmg, str+ vit + socs) with 50 mils, beside the socket which opts should I look into first?
- For IK gloves, should I sacrifice str (or vit) for the iAS since it would be expensive?
Reply Quote
Thanks Eclipse, regarding your advices, I would like to ask a few things:
- is the + fury on the SOJ less important than high % to elite?
- which options should I look into when I craft the Vit shoulders?
- it's nearly impossible to get good EF (high dmg, str+ vit + socs) with 50 mils, beside the socket which opts should I look into first?
- For IK gloves, should I sacrifice str (or vit) for the iAS since it would be expensive?

- Personally, I don't find the additional Fury that important unless you're running HotA (where 5 Fury = 1% bonus chc).

- You'll want the Vit shoulders to roll > 200 Str and high AR. Life %, Armor and Pickup Radius are bonus. Good luck. :)

- Run it through www.d3rawr.com/d to see how much DPS and tDPS you'll get with a basic 15x-16x Str EF with 100% chd emerald vs your current one. You should also do a comparison with a higher DPS EF with Str + Vit + chd.

It's pretty expensive to run EF on main hand as the price of upgrades go up exponentially. Alternative would be to swap EF to offhand (grab the cheaper LS+socket version) and use a high DPS Str+chd+socket rare Mace on the main hand.

- Dropping Vit on the roll should make it more affordable (hopefully the Vit shoulders would help cover up the loss).
Reply Quote
Hello i play this game to june im wanting to come back and try it to see if it gotten better and decide to play my barb this is my barb when i left it if anyone can help me out with how to gear i know from before i left u need 300+ rest all

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Battousai-1157/hero/2397999

what are you looking for in a weapon
is 1 hand shield good or 2 one handers

what are the main stats you look for
Reply Quote
I have some starter barb gear available again. Just add me and message me when you see me online.
Reply Quote
I currently have 2.2m and im looking to use a 2h HotA/Rend build.
Any insight on what to buy on the AH? My barb gear is pretty old :(
Reply Quote
Zeus or anyone I suppose

If you are still doing this then I really need your services. I just resumed playing after stopping ~ August 2012, just about the time the first barb soloed A4 Inferno. Until a day or 2 ago i'd never heard of MP or paragon lvls or items like Skorn.

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. Im just a little into A2 and currently using an outdated 2H build on a tight (<2M) budget. Message me here or ingame!

Thanks
Val
Reply Quote
I may have a few things in my stash. I don't really remember as I haven't been online in a week or so. But if I have a few things to help ya out I'm more than happy to give it to you.
Reply Quote
hi, can you advice me on what type of weapon and gear that i need to do fast farming in mp5?
currently i only manage to farm mp2 only.

thx in advance
Reply Quote
Hello, not sure if I am posting in the right spot but here it is. I started playing d3 the minute the game released and quit probably a couple months later after a disappointing launch(in my opinion). I think it was right around the time or right before the paragon leveling system came out as I really have no idea what im doing with that, and right after the amount for repairs became increasingly ridiculous. A friend of mine has rekindled my want to play but ive been gone for so long I really have no clue what I am doing on my level 60 barb. I would hate to have to re-roll just to re-learn everything so I was hoping I could find some advice here.

Right now I am using a dagger with 1.5 as and 801 damage socketed with a red gem, and a shield in my offhand. My strength 1174 vitality is 1029 armor 5997 and damage is 17289.24. This is all unbuffed.

As for skills I am using Frenzy with Maniac rune, Warcry with impunity, Leap with iron impact, Battle Rage with Marauders rage, Wrath of the Berserker with Insanity and Revenge with provocation.

My passives are Nerves of Steel, Ruthless and Weapons Master.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thank you.
Reply Quote
hi, can you advice me on what type of weapon and gear that i need to do fast farming in mp5?
currently i only manage to farm mp2 only.

thx in advance

What is your budget? What is your definition of "fast" (e.g. 15sec elite kill? 30sec? 60sec?)?

You should decide whether you wish to run ww or HotA. You're sacrificing WotB and Sprint RLTW to run your hybrid build. You're losing out on a lot of bonus like movement speed, cc immunity, ias, extra damage and Fury generation. A properly geared hybrid would be able to drop Bash and War Cry.

Also, Swap out Tough as Nails for Weapons Master to get the extra 10% chc.

--------

Here are a few things you should look into:

Swap places of your EF and Mace. Your Mace have higher base damage than your EF, and should be on your main hand.

Your gear have very little Vit (you'd want to have at least 35K-40K Life for MP5). You're missing a lot of Vit on your chest and pants (up to 300 each), and you should also consider crafting Vit shoulders to replace the Vile Ward.

For ww, you need another 26% ias (9 + 9 + 8) to hit 2.5 APS when buffed with WotB. Possible gear for the extra ias are Mempo, rings and gloves. If you are on a tight budget, get at least 1 source of ias first to hit the 2.23 APS breakpoint w/WotB.

You can also look for Nived if you need assistance in purchasing your ww gear @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087929110
Reply Quote
Haha, I remember in the very early days of Inferno, where people didn't have the survivability to avoid getting 2-shotted by Quill Fiends, we did those stupid Act 1 Cemetary runs trying to find 1000 DPS blue 1hers...Good times, good times.

Anyway battletag is Sigh#1856

I'll throw you some goodies if you're dirt broke.
Edited by Sigh#1856 on 3/14/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is insane.

SIGH gave me IK chest and echoing fury, then I strip my monk's inna pants, buy cheap ice climber (300k), and spend 3mill in crafting bracer..... and now I can survive mp5. Still have problem with some elite though.

so, now next target fast farming mp7. (kill elite in 30 secs). :)

what do i need to upgrade? can help me point out first and second gears that i need to upgrade? and what stats that i need to look for?
Now, I'm completely broke. so, budget 5mill for each items?

PS: my gratitude for both of you Eclipse and Sigh
Edited by SCR26#1592 on 3/16/2013 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is insane.

SIGH gave me IK chest and echoing fury, then I strip my monk's inna pants, buy cheap ice climber (300k), and spend 3mill in crafting bracer..... and now I can survive mp5. Still have problem with some elite though.

so, now next target fast farming mp7. (kill elite in 30 secs). :)

what do i need to upgrade? can help me point out first and second gears that i need to upgrade? and what stats that i need to look for?
Now, I'm completely broke. so, budget 5mill for each items?

PS: my gratitude for both of you Eclipse and Sigh

If you want to survive better you desperately need to pick up some HP on your gear. You've got a good base for your gear right now, but I might have some spare pieces in my stash that I am no longer using on my Barbarian now that I've upgraded and I could give to you, including an old mace that you could put in your main hand. But yeah, for the most part you need more HP if you want to survive and do higher level MPs. I might have some old Inna's pants with vitality on them, which is more important than the strength roll on your current pair as you can make it up a bit by switching out the Vitality gem for a Strength one.

I'll be around a bit later in the day but shoot me a friend invite at my battletag of: Tanakeah#1220 and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Reply Quote
Got tons of stuff from Tanakeah, sort of regear the whole equipment. now, i still try to get used to with this build, Still in mp5, but die much much less lol. THX to all of you :)

edit:
for ww barb, which one is more important cc and ias or cc and cd?
should i craft str or vit ammy?
Edited by SCR26#1592 on 3/17/2013 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
for ww barb, which one is more important cc and ias or cc and cd?
should i craft str or vit ammy?

At least 25% chc from gear, enough ias to hit 2.5 APS breakpoint in WotB then stack chd for damage.

Str amulet, unless you gimped your Vit by using budget gear on Shoulders, Chest and Pants (with Vit Shoulders, you can get up to 930 Vit on the 3 slots -- excluding gems).
Reply Quote
I've accumulated quite a few barb gears if any deserving noob barb wants them. Just add me up.

MasterPUA#6728
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Eclipse
enough ias to hit 2.5 APS breakpoint in WotB then stack chd for damage.

In all honesty the 2.23 (or whichever is below the 2.5 BP) is good enough. I'm currently at that on one of my weapons (I'm too cheap to just buy the gloves needed to get me to 2.5 w/both, I'm trying to craft them) and I can do mp10 content easily.

That being said, 2.5 is much much better than 2.23 obviously, but the lower BP is good enough to get you through the content.
Reply Quote
I just got the game yesterday and was looking for some barb advice. Im at lvl 28 right now. Im not sure what weapons I should be going for and general stats/skills.

Currently just go for Vit and Str, usually skewing for more Vit over Str if given the choice. Dont really have much choice and just take whatever comes first from crafting usually or if something happens to drop that I can use. No other stats really showing up, but when should I start looking into stuff like magic find and life steal and so on?

For weapons, Ive been duel wielding and 2 spears were best Ive found so far. Should I stick the barb only weapons in general once I start finding actual gear (mighty weapons I believe)? Or just highest dps/stats and dont worry about weapon type?

As for skills, I havent really tried anything outside of bash/cleave (using cleave almost exclusively now) and whirlwind. Others im running are battle rage, revenge, earthquake and ground stomp with passives as ruthless and weapons master. I havent died yet and just sorta face roll through up to act 3.

Main thing Ive noticed in the day or so Ive played is that I have no gold compared to AH prices for even blues in my level range that are worse than the stuff Ive crafted/found, let alone affording a decent upgrade legendary. Everything costs 100k+ for decent upgrade and Ive barely come back with 10k gold after an hour run or something. Sucks for new players to try and even use the AH.
Reply Quote
In all honesty the 2.23 (or whichever is below the 2.5 BP) is good enough. I'm currently at that on one of my weapons (I'm too cheap to just buy the gloves needed to get me to 2.5 w/both, I'm trying to craft them) and I can do mp10 content easily.

That being said, 2.5 is much much better than 2.23 obviously, but the lower BP is good enough to get you through the content.

Experienced players like yourself probably don't miss or need the extra tick. ;)

I find 2.5 helps the new players who are just starting out with ww (every bit of extra healing and Fury counts).

---------

@KirbyMorph
Play around with the skills. See what you like, and how they function. Doesn't really matter much what weapon you use as long as the mob die fast. The long grind starts when you hit 60. :P

You won't get much gold in Normal difficulty. Just enough for upgrading stash and occasional repairs. You don't really need the AH for Normal and Nightmare anyway. You might need to buy a few missing pieces when you're just starting Hell (usually better weapons or an armor upgrade or two).

Save up as much gold as you can for your level 60 gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]