Diablo® III

Free Gear and Advice for *NEW* Players!

Hey to yall and shout out to Zeus for the initiative and help to all them newbies out there.
Came here as I would need some guidance. Im in Act1 Hell and I can say I do quite ok, with the exception of some unique mobs that really @%@*%#@% me when theres CC in combination. Could someone pls take a look at my profile and give his opinion on the matter?
Am I 2 low on HP or the DPS, or the Armor?
Should I keep going to finish Hell or should I farm ACT I till I reach 60, is ActIII Nightmare a better place to farm for items and XP than ActI Hell?
Reply Quote
@Alex
Get a better -level reduction weapon (at least 600+ DPS; not sure about EU AH market). You'll need to start upgrading your Nightmare gear to Hell gear for better survival in Act 2-4. Try and get at least 25K HP. Maybe get some Life on Hit if you can't sustain Fury to use Rend.

Just play through the game. You don't need to farm gold unless you're a little short to buy a couple of upgrades. You will probably hit 60 around Hell Act 3. There's plenty of time for grinding once you hit Inferno.
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

Pretty cool thing you're doing here. I'm new to the game in general - was big into Diablo II and bought this when I build my new pc along with GW2.

Anyway, I'm only level 31 at the moment but as I get nearer to 60 any unused gear or hand me downs would be much appreciated. I'll add some of you listed on front page to my friends list.

Edit: please feel free to add me too - Chauntry#1741
Edited by Chauntry#1741 on 4/27/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey guys just wanted to give a big thanks to this thread and especially RazorX who help me redo my whole build and pretty much hooked me up with all new gear. Thanks to him im doing mp 7 and and mp 8 now. not only did he hook me up with gear but he really pointed me in the right direction when it came to learning about what stats to look for and what combination of stats where required for ww to work properly and he also showed me a bunch of videos on how to work the build to keep permawrath up... i am completed loving my barb now. thanks a whole lot again. this thread and the community is amazing and trully helpful to new barbs
Reply Quote
Just figured I'd post here rather then start a new thread.

70m budget what should I upgrade (SC barb not HC)

it's gotta be the ring right? Or should I just craft 70mil worth of amys?
Reply Quote
help me break the 300k dps mark. it eludes me so
Reply Quote
Could someone help me with stat prioritys and gear lists and etc I always learn better if I talk to someone. =D please. Ill be in game wisp me anytime.
Edited by Tinkky#1337 on 4/30/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hey guys, how come i keep running out of fury? It's quite difficult to manage my fury gain and I don't quite understand what is being said in the forum guides. Can someone give me some advice please? I'll be in game pretty often :)
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Chauntry
Anyway, I'm only level 31 at the moment but as I get nearer to 60 any unused gear or hand me downs would be much appreciated. I'll add some of you listed on front page to my friends list.

Hey mate I hope the gear and gold I gave you has helped you. Rock on with your barb
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 09:10 AMPosted by nobleonion
hey guys, how come i keep running out of fury? It's quite difficult to manage my fury gain and I don't quite understand what is being said in the forum guides. Can someone give me some advice please? I'll be in game pretty often :)

You run out of fury when you HOTA or WW? You should be able to keep your fury easily when using WW as you have the attack speed and cc for it. Maybe you're tapping the Sprint key too frequently and end up not generating fury because the tornados keep getting reset. Try tapping it once or twice every 3 seconds or right before you see the Sprint timer icon finishes.

For HOTA, you would need -HOTA gear (-HOTA SOJ ring) to keep your fury up or you will lose it after several HOTA smashes.
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 5/1/2013 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Tinkky
Could someone help me with stat prioritys and gear lists and etc I always learn better if I talk to someone. =D please. Ill be in game wisp me anytime.

@Tinkky, cute BT. i won't criticize your gearset running WW but i'm willing to steer you to the right direction and maybe help you gear up.

do you have any budget in mind? are you just a casual player?

add me RazorX2330
Reply Quote
hello mister RazorX. may i get some advice on what i can do to improve? i can only do MP 2-3 i think. only 14m budget.
Reply Quote
Hi all.

I started playing at release but quit around level 30. This past week I've come back to the game and just last night got my first character (barb) to level 60.

I was able to pick up some STR/VIT/ALL RES/MF items on the AH fairly cheap. I think I spent around 500k total. Scored my Skorn for some ridiculous price of 5k or something using Time Left sorting.

Anyways, I tried the first couple quests of Act 1 Inferno and did not seem to have any problems with killing or surviving. The problem is the build feels clunky. I swapped all of my skills to the "popular" barb skills according to some website which I forget.

Leveling up I pretty much exclusively played as Cleave(rupture)/Seismic Slam/Leap drawing all the enemies in and stunning them. Felt fun and mobile. Should I go back to this?

I looked around at some old forum posts and a lot of people were saying to try a Bash/Rend/Leap build. From my stalking of some active profiles in this forum, I don't see anyone running rend currently.

Any general tips or advice on builds/play styles appreciated. =D
Reply Quote
Hi, I have just hit 60 on my barb and looking for someone that could help me figure out what stats im looking for on certain items and things like that. I have about 1-2mil to work with and i know thats not a lot but im hopeing with someone who knows what they are looking for in AH will be able to get the best stats for my money so i will be able to get into good enough gear so i can farm mid/high lvl MPs. Im looking to do the DW WW build. please add me if you think you can help. can also jump in skype/vent if its easier that way. Thanks
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Stengke
hello mister RazorX. may i get some advice on what i can do to improve? i can only do MP 2-3 i think. only 14m budget.

I have initially assessed your gears and despite having a very good EHP(601k) and despite stacking the dps mods on the right places(ammy, rings, bracers and gloves) you basically stack ias/cd on both of your rings. your cc on gears is only 19.5% which will not work smoothly when running the WW build, you need at least 28-30% cc on gears alone, you have no movement (24ms is required) and to reach the 2.5bp you need to get +.24(34ias on gears) / +.25(33ias on gears) EF.

if i'm gonna regear you, i will be doing a major overhaul to your set. which im trying to avoid and let you save your gold for crafting and upgrading your gems.

please follow the link below and go through the gear set i build for a p10 friend and see how to properly stack mods/stats for each slot. remember that this only a starter set build at a budget of 12m, including gems.

http://d3up.com/b/19922/bigboy#skills

btw, that set that i link can survive in mp7-10 and farm efficiently in mp5-6.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 5/2/2013 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@melkia, add me. i might be able to help you.

RazorX#2330

Edit: i know that most of you guys are from the US, and unfortunately i'm based in Qatar, Middle east and its 1:30am here May 03. just pm me when you see me on.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 5/2/2013 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@SCR26

Personally, I would use the 150m to upgrade these 4 slots:
1. Upgrade IK Chest (10m-15m)
2. Upgrade Vit Inna's (70m)
3. Swap to chc Lacuni w/70 AR (35m)
4. Swap to Ice Climbers w/300+ Str+Vit (30-50m)

The others may have better recommendations for you. :)

thx Eclipse. I was following your advice and I also got a new axe (dps 1106, str 152, chd 49%). is the axe good enough? bought it for 60mill, is it a bargain or I paid too much?

now my aps 2.5 and 2.7... dps increase by 15k
My sweetspot before, was mp7.... but now its difficult for me to maintain WOBT in mp8.
Now, I'm only comfortable killing white thrash in mp10. Killing elite in mp9 still pain in the !@# for me, So, any thought?

Next upgrade, should I get:
a) EF with chd or
b) EF with ls, and change bloodthirst with brawler?
Reply Quote
I've quite a few barb starter gear, including a full IK starter set. Just add me up and say something about needing barb help.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hey all, recently starting back from a long break and was looking to start a barb. Have around 1B saved up, and was wanting to see if it was possible to build a rend/WW skorn barb. If anyone could give me a break down of the build/gear/breakpoints or anything I need, or a post pointing me in the direction of this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Reply Quote

I have initially assessed your gears and despite having a very good EHP(601k) and despite stacking the dps mods on the right places(ammy, rings, bracers and gloves) you basically stack ias/cd on both of your rings. your cc on gears is only 19.5% which will not work smoothly when running the WW build, you need at least 28-30% cc on gears alone, you have no movement (24ms is required) and to reach the 2.5bp you need to get +.24(34ias on gears) / +.25(33ias on gears) EF.

if i'm gonna regear you, i will be doing a major overhaul to your set. which im trying to avoid and let you save your gold for crafting and upgrading your gems.

please follow the link below and go through the gear set i build for a p10 friend and see how to properly stack mods/stats for each slot. remember that this only a starter set build at a budget of 12m, including gems.

http://d3up.com/b/19922/bigboy#skills

btw, that set that i link can survive in mp7-10 and farm efficiently in mp5-6.

Thank you for the advice. i will try to follow the crit chance needed. i would love to have you re-gear me as i have little idea about the gearing i do, but i have spent my small budget on the items i have on now. can i add you to ask for advice when i get some gold again? thanks again.
Edited by Stengke#6983 on 5/3/2013 5:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]