Diablo® III

Free Gear and Advice for *NEW* Players!

Hi, Like many Demon Hunters I'm re rolling a barb so I can do higher MP's effectively.

I've got my EHP up to a reasonable level, however I just can't get my DPS high enough, I'm at the level where weapons are very expensive to upgrade, and coming from other classes, at this point you should be above 100k DPS. Consequently I'm having a bit of trouble keeping Beserker up, but more importantly i'm not killing things fast enough, where's the best spots to upgrade for damage?
Reply Quote
thx Eclipse. I was following your advice and I also got a new axe (dps 1106, str 152, chd 49%). is the axe good enough? bought it for 60mill, is it a bargain or I paid too much?

now my aps 2.5 and 2.7... dps increase by 15k
My sweetspot before, was mp7.... but now its difficult for me to maintain WOBT in mp8.
Now, I'm only comfortable killing white thrash in mp10. Killing elite in mp9 still pain in the !@# for me, So, any thought?

Next upgrade, should I get:
a) EF with chd or
b) EF with ls, and change bloodthirst with brawler?

I was looking at Maces with similar damage range (xxx - xxxx) as your Axe yesterday, and they were going for 5-10m (black damage too). Str was a bit lower, but they had higher chd, so I think you may have overpaid. But do take note that I generally don't follow the weapons market, so I don't know if people were just underpricing the Maces.

Axe are usually priced higher even though they have the same "performance" as a comparable Mace because their DPS is inflated by the 0.1 attack speed. The 0.1 attack speed from the Axe won't take you to your next ww breakpoint -- that's why barbs generally go for a Mace.

41K Life is pretty low for high MP. You'll want at least 50K to tank the spike damage. AR looks fine. Play around with the Rubies and Amethysts to find your comfort zone while you work on crafting the Vit shoulders.

If you're not using War Cry as your Fury generator/starter, you can replace it with Overpower: Killing Spree (offense) or Crushing Advance (defense).

For the EF, I'd prefer to go the LS route because it's cheaper than a chd version with similar DPS. Frees up a passive slot and makes your build more "versatile" (e.g. Berserker Rage/Brawler for DPS or Tough as Nails/Superstition for tanking).
Reply Quote
05/03/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Stengke
Thank you for the advice. i will try to follow the crit chance needed. i would love to have you re-gear me as i have little idea about the gearing i do, but i have spent my small budget on the items i have on now. can i add you to ask for advice when i get some gold again? thanks again

Shoot, just add me... i don't mind re-gearing you up and the good thing, 60-70% of the gears you have now can be retain.

if you have some mats, craft a str vit shoulders 200/200/65ar.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 02:33 AMPosted by RazorX
Thank you for the advice. i will try to follow the crit chance needed. i would love to have you re-gear me as i have little idea about the gearing i do, but i have spent my small budget on the items i have on now. can i add you to ask for advice when i get some gold again? thanks again

Shoot, just add me... i don't mind re-gearing you up and the good thing, 60-70% of the gears you have now can be retain.

if you have some mats, craft a str vit shoulders 200/200/65ar.

alright. I'll get to crafting after i get to add to my crit chance just like you said. i need to farm first. friend request sent. thank you
Reply Quote
thx again for the reply eclipse....

The funny thing is, i can survive mp 10 with only 41k of life, thats why i only leave 1 Amethyst.

05/03/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Eclipse
If you're not using War Cry as your Fury generator/starter, you can replace it with Overpower: Killing Spree (offense) or Crushing Advance (defense).

I was playing with my build, but normally i use war cry. will try the overpower though :)

I was looking at Maces with similar damage range (xxx - xxxx) as your Axe yesterday, and they were going for 5-10m (black damage too). Str was a bit lower, but they had higher chd, so I think you may have overpaid.

ouch...

just curious, does people actually kill elites in mp10? under 1 min?
Reply Quote
The funny thing is, i can survive mp 10 with only 41k of life, thats why i only leave 1 Amethyst.

just curious, does people actually kill elites in mp10? under 1 min?

If you're doing OK with 41K Life, then leave it. :) I find I need at least 48K to be comfortable, but even then there are quite a number of close calls.

My WT/SS gear would take 1-2min to kill a pack (depending on affix). The top barbs here can kill them < 30 sec easy.
Reply Quote
Bumping this to the top due to the recent economic crapola that occurred.

I currently do not have any gear to give away, but I'm sure others do!
Reply Quote
I don't know if you consider this new but I just hit 60 on my Barb (my first 60). I'm not really sure how to proceed since Act 1 Inferno is kicking my butt and the AH is down so gear is hard to come by.

If anyone could look at my profile and suggest what I should be aiming for or any other advice would be great.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Hello everyone!
Please give me advice, what kind of weapon/gear to buy to get comfortable key-farming on MP-10.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
hi.. I have been playing for D3 for a while, but recently I decided to class a Barb . He is level 36 at the moment. Is there any1 out there kind enough to help me power level*?
Reply Quote
Can someone help me gear? I have 0 gold but paragorn level 100... (account got hacked)
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
hey guys im new to the game and i was wondering if barbarian is a fun class to start out with. I mostly play tank classes in a game that will allow it and from the look of it it seems barbarians are the tanks?
Reply Quote
I am brand new to the game and to the Barbarian Class. I have always played a tank in every MMO I have played and enjoy that playstyle. My main issue is not knowing what skills to choose when I level. I have bought one weapon off the auction house for like 3 bucks. Any advice would be helpful.

thanks,
Blitzke
Reply Quote
Hi guys, I'm currently coming back to Diablo 3 and started to gear up my barb. At the moment, I'm having trouble gearing him with limit amount of gold. I know I have to replace my chest and legs but what should I look for. Not to be rude but I'm accepting any gear upgrades :). Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]