Diablo® III

Free Gear and Advice for *NEW* Players!

01/26/2013 09:20 AMPosted by LordZeus
@Lord, apologies, i was thinking you're gonna collect it from us, anyways its a pleasure helping a fellow D3 player.

No worries bro but I have my last stash tab pretty much full with stuff I have collected lol

@Ebonheart Add whomever you like, the names listed on my original post have all said they are down w/helping new guys out, just remember to remind us who you are and such. I personally have gotten quite a few friend requests and I don't remember who is who/who I have helped and who I haven't. I'm kinda bad w/names IRL too so its nothing personal lol

Sure. Will do. Added you. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I sometimes keep gear for low level toons of my pals.... thing is....

AH is so overwhelmed with rare gear that you can equip fantastic toons with just of tiniest money possible available to anyone. I'm talking about 1M - full MP1 capable farmer, there is no way that you will randomly collect loot more appropriate for anyone. Rares are so cheap now, quite decent rares. For 3M you can make probably even 90k DPS ww barb, first jump to better items will cost you like 20M and will net you only 10-20k more dmg. Rares nowdays are simply abundant. 300k is limit for usable rare (like chest: 180VIT, 50STR, armor, 3 sockets)

btw I play on eu servers but here things must be even cheaper.
Reply Quote
View profile

AH is so overwhelmed with rare gear that you can equip fantastic toons with just of tiniest money possible available to anyone. I'm talking about 1M - full MP1 capable farmer, there is no way that you will randomly collect loot more appropriate for anyone. Rares are so cheap now, quite decent rares. For 3M you can make probably even 90k DPS ww barb, first jump to better items will cost you like 20M and will net you only 10-20k more dmg. Rares nowdays are simply abundant. 300k is limit for usable rare (like chest: 180VIT, 50STR, armor, 3 sockets)

More things are offered than just gear, the know how on what gear to get, tips on playing, run routes, etc.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:55 PMPosted by ThorienKELL
AH is so overwhelmed with rare gear that you can equip fantastic toons with just of tiniest money possible available to anyone.

Any amount of money saved can give a huge impact for a new barb. For example, 1m can mean nothing to mid-high end barbs, but like you said 1m can mean a whole new set for them. The people in this thread are simply just helping them out... more like a stepping stone for future upgrades. Not to mention the gear given to them can be a reference on how to gear in the future.
Reply Quote
Hi LordZeus,

I have been doing the exact same thing for sometime now however the way I do this is join a public game and then look at the players profile. If they have only one toon and are low level, I will pick them at random and give them some nice gear. This includes set items and some high level gear. Yes I have given away IK chest armour, EF, VIle Wards and much more.

It gives me great pleasure helping others in this game as I have enjoyed it immensely myself so far. I just wished someone did it for me when I started.

Cheers
Reply Quote

You are totally right. I remember being dead a$$ broke (how many of us had 3m when we hit 60?) when I first became lvl 60. Not only that but I didn't have a clue what to buy. Granted I came 60 waaaaaay back in those terrible SnB days, pre-ww, so IDK how it is for those fresh 60's currently w/the gearing.

And like Koala said, we offer advice and such as well. I'm personally not too into the whole power leveling thing, but some listed are.
Reply Quote
Hi LordZeus,

I have been doing the exact same thing for sometime now however the way I do this is join a public game and then look at the players profile. If they have only one toon and are low level, I will pick them at random and give them some nice gear. This includes set items and some high level gear. Yes I have given away IK chest armour, EF, VIle Wards and much more.

It gives me great pleasure helping others in this game as I have enjoyed it immensely myself so far. I just wished someone did it for me when I started.

Cheers

Shall I add you to the list?
Reply Quote
Sure it will be a pleasure
Reply Quote
I am online now and ready to give decent rings, EF, fire walkers and lamentation belt.
Reply Quote
Just gave away a Vile Ward and Lacuni's. To say the recipient was happy was an understatement.
Reply Quote
I'm not really a new player, just recently came back and made a barb yesterday. I have alot of hours on my dh but hell I dont know what to do for him either lmao. I plan on staying barb, I love whirlwind :D. If anyone is willing to help out, Vegeta#1686 is my tag. I could possibly try and give some items too when the time comes. I sure am having fun not dying like I do on my dh.
You guys are awesome for doing this.
Reply Quote
I started sometime in November, I got lucky and found a IK chest and geared up fairly decent. I would love for any gear or pointers. I think the first item I would need to upgrade is my amulet or probably my boots.
Reply Quote
I still have some barb items to give out to other newbie barbs. Just add me up. I've already given to 2 fellow barbs. I've plenty more of non-barb gear but I don't want to give anything to help the enemies now that we have PVP. lol
Reply Quote
Hey Guys,

Great to help others however I would just like to clarify how I will help best. If you want some items, use the thread name as part of your invite request. Also I consider a new barb someone close or just getting to lvl 60 as all gear Is only useable at those levels.

Also if I see a player with other high lvl toons looking for freebies then suggest you farm like the rest of us.

Just needed to do this as already bombarded by less than newb barbs.

LordZues hope this ok with you

Cheers
Reply Quote
Hey Guys,

Great to help others however I would just like to clarify how I will help best. If you want some items, use the thread name as part of your invite request. Also I consider a new barb someone close or just getting to lvl 60 as all gear Is only useable at those levels.

Also if I see a player with other high lvl toons looking for freebies then suggest you farm like the rest of us.

Just needed to do this as already bombarded by less than newb barbs.

LordZues hope this ok with you

Cheers

It certainly is okay with me. I have gotten similar request by people that are not new to the game, which is why I started this up, to help new people.

I also do not keep gear for classes other than barb. I don't have any desire to help kiters lol
Reply Quote
For someone starting a new barb, I have the following:

BELT:104 strength, 81 vit, 32 phys. resist, 70 AR, 3554 Health globes.
RING: 29-56 dmg, 35 str, 49 vit, Crit hit damage 28%, 1 socket.
GLOVES: 144 str, Crit Hit Damage 31%, Crit Chance 5.5%

Septimus#6445 if any r any good to u.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Hunter
I've got a nice amount of stuff for barbs I could give away, NickyD#1729
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Well,

any suggestions or upgrades or anything anyone has to help me out would be greatly appreciated, especially a good farming route.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Turlour-1893/hero/22181881
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote

More things are offered than just gear, the know how on what gear to get, tips on playing, run routes, etc.

This^

I played about 100 hours on a dh for the first couple month D3 came out and after struggling through inferno on public games I quit, I really like the game though so I have been back for about 40 hours on a barb, I spent all i had in the world (about 2 mil) to gear the barb in my profile I can almost do MP3 (DPS is a bit too low) but, I just don't actually know what to do next. I have my DH set up to gold farm in NM @ MP3, but i barley make 80-100k in a 20 min run. I am not looking for free gear (although I wouldn't refuse an upgrade) but I could use some help getting started down the path of gearing up better and farming keys and such.

Honeslty I could really just use some people around my gear/skill level to help while I help them, or a group of people willing to help me catch up just through farming runs and knowledge.

If anyone wants to offer advice or help or just group add me

nodice#1530
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]