Diablo® III

crap...barbs are op in pvp after all

So i faced a barb that stacked no crit chance or crit damage....instead he stacked 2500 vit, 11k armor, and like 60% life with 800 or so ar. to compensate for no cc he stacked high str and still had about 35k damage.

With their stupid war cry rune, that regens life like a boss, I literally could not even drop his health more than a 10th of the way.....with 220k dps. even tho bro only had 35k damage, barbs have stupid strong attacks....Hota,Rend, that charge attack...donno what its called. needless to say he could kill me pretty damn quick.

Now ill admit, this barb had 1400 hours played and azn symbols for a name....but honestly, if u dont stack cc or cd tanky gear is very very cheap.

Just a heads up....this could be a problem.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, you went against a barb whose gear simply outperformed your own. You're well under 200k DPS unbuffed and are badly neglecting your CC and CD. 6/10 hits you land on that barb aren't even scratching him; 4/10 are only benefiting from 370 CD, well below where you need to be to compete with a top end character of any class. Further, you're under 40k hp with poor armor and low resists, allowing him to kill you even with his EHP focused build.

Good luck in future duels. Keep working on your gear and soon you'll have no problem with such barbs.
Reply Quote
You have leg Nats 4pc and u couldn't whittle him down?
Reply Quote
he let me attack him without doing anything and i couldnt come close to killing him. also my damage is pretty high for a legacy nat set....and he couldnt kill me if i didnt let him.

my crits were doing about 4k damage to this barb and his health regen was prolly higher than that.
Reply Quote
I've run into a ton of situations where neither player could kill really kill each other. Not to mention my eHP now is like twice what it is on the PTR, lol.

Right now I don't really think it's realistic to expect to kill all players. There probably needs some sort of increase damage over time mechanic put in for 1v1 duels. Or maybe something like you take higher damage the longer you're in the game without dieing.
Reply Quote
WD is the one being OP not barb. their haunt and bear charge run through all my defensive stats.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/22/2013 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
witch doctor is just annoying...but i can still kill them all day long. the problem im highlighting is that its possible to boost ur ehp and life regen to the point of invincibility.

what makes this more hilarious is that a lot of people want damage reduction in pvp. if that were to happen then dh would have no place at all.
Reply Quote
So i faced a barb that stacked no crit chance or crit damage....instead he stacked 2500 vit, 11k armor, and like 60% life with 800 or so ar. to compensate for no cc he stacked high str and still had about 35k damage.

With their stupid war cry rune, that regens life like a boss, I literally could not even drop his health more than a 10th of the way.....with 220k dps. even tho bro only had 35k damage, barbs have stupid strong attacks....Hota,Rend, that charge attack...donno what its called. needless to say he could kill me pretty damn quick.

Now ill admit, this barb had 1400 hours played and azn symbols for a name....but honestly, if u dont stack cc or cd tanky gear is very very cheap.

Just a heads up....this could be a problem.

you probably should stack up damage mitigation (not just EHP). check my profile.
Reply Quote
Losing a duel to one person and suddenly they're at the 'point of invincibility' and op.
yaok.
Seriously, I honestly believe that your current gear and skills are what you tried. Your eHP looks beyond mediocre. Work on that first?
Reply Quote
There is a build you're supposed to use for barbs. Poison burn + Shooting star or something IDK.
Reply Quote
Stun bola,echoing traps,impale chem burn, preparation battle scar. Need good dps and good ehp to win. I use bat and custom engineering also
Reply Quote
this has nothing to do with ehp...my profile is showing my farming gear...what i use in ptr is a lot different. 230k dps should be enough to kill anything, but in that case it didnt come close
Reply Quote
How do you know 230k dps is good enough? We counter attacks with gear and skills. He just so happened to great gear for PVP. I've encountered a 10 mil ehp barb with 8k dps. Took awhile but was able to take him down after a minute. That's cause the other two let us duke it out facetanking.

I'm sure if someone encountered Revrac or Beast that they would complain that DHs are OP. We are though somewhat. lol.

IMO, barbs are the easiest so far in dueling. When I join and there are more than one I think this is going to be easy. They really need to buff them somehow or start them off with fury.
Reply Quote
Didn't say you have bad ehp. In fact I didn't even look at your profile. Just saying you need to be able to live through a barbs rend because its not a question of if he will land it on you but when. Only use impale when shield skill is down or your wasting your hate.

Use traps to cut off his escape routes and stun bola to keep him from getting away, get in impale between some of your bola shots. At least this is what I have found works best for me in a high ehp barb matchup.

Just trying to share
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/22/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
You aren't playing your class correctly, and while 230k "buffed" dps is decent, it's no where close to pwn everything with eyes close.
Reply Quote
well this is true, but 230k dps in legacy nat set is pretty high. if i wear my non legacy than i have over 300k dps, and close to 700k unbuffed ehp. legacy nat is just more fun and better for pvp in most cases
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]